Update: Percy Harvin Traded to the Seahawks

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a good move for Sea but would have been absolutely idiotic for the Bills to make. Percy Harvin's a POS who's going to cost a lot of money. Seattle's built to win & just needed that last piece. The Bills are better served by keeping their pick & money.

Ya better deal for the seahawks than it would have been for us

I personally feel that Minnesota won this trade. Harvin wants a great deal of money, and a first round pick is quite a bit to give up, as young and productive as he's been, for a player who's something of a head case. We'll see.

I personally feel that Minnesota won this trade. Harvin wants a great deal of money, and a first round pick is quite a bit to give up, as young and productive as he's been, for a player who's something of a head case. We'll see.

Agreed whole heartedly. Any time you can get a 1st for a guy who wants big money (other than your QB) you take it. His production hasn't been all that special. He's never had 1000 TD season or even come close to double digit TDs. I know that's largely due to migraines & injuries, but those have been consistent & I see no reason to expect that to change.

Agreed whole heartedly. Any time you can get a 1st for a guy who wants big money (other than your QB) you take it. His production hasn't been all that special. He's never had 1000 TD season or even come close to double digit TDs. I know that's largely due to migraines & injuries, but those have been consistent & I see no reason to expect that to change.

He's also an excellent returner, but I agree that his receiving production has been very mediocre. He is also overrated as a deep threat, averaging 11.8 y/c for his career.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/receiving/sort/yardsPerReception

That's very poor considering how many 1,000 yard-receivers averaged significantly more per catch. Look at Vincent Jackson's numbers (1,384 yards, 8 TDs, 19.2 yards per catch).

You mean other than him now having very good QB throwing him the ball? You're right--that won't help.

This is a big win for Sea. They are a stacked team--except at WR. They gave up the 25th pick (they likely would have gone for a WR) for a guy who will likely have a lot fewer headaches after he leaves Minny (the other picks the trade cost are largely worthless).

In half a season, Harvin had 62 catches and almost 700 yards. Even injured, he was the best receiver on the Vikes, who now have no one at WR.

who are we crowning in godhood? Russell or Percy? Both are gonna pretty awesome FWIW.

Call me guilty of "godhood" for Russell Wilson......guess they could have beaten Buffalo by 70 last year with Harvin in tow.

Harvin. This is a thread about Harvin. Somehow, I don't see him as putting the Bills on his back and lifting them up to where they belong and eagles fly.

This is a big win for Sea. They are a stacked team--except at WR. They gave up the 25th pick (they likely would have gone for a WR) for a guy who will likely have a lot fewer headaches after he leaves Minny (the other picks the trade cost are largely worthless).

I like the move for Seattle, but when have headache players lived up to their billing and been less headcahes? Ocho Cinco? Moss? Owens? I'd be interested in receivers who were known headaches going to a new team, getting a big contract, improving and being less trouble.

It is allegedly a #1 and #7 this year and a #3 next year, according to PFT. That's not bad for the Vikes, who had had enough. Harvin is a malcontent, but he will probably be good for at least a year in Seattle before he starts pulling his nonsense again. He was badmouthing Ponder as not being good enough when he was on pace to have 111 receptions. Frankly, I don't think Ponder is great either. But he was getting the ball to Harvin. The Vikes were in a bad spot.

You mean other than him now having very good QB throwing him the ball? You're right--that won't help.

In half a season, Harvin had 62 catches and almost 700 yards. Even injured, he was the best receiver on the Vikes, who now have no one at WR.

Unfortunately this costs them cap space AND that pick. Imagine if they got a WR like Austin at that pick, and still signed a guy like Wallace, Jennings...

Or just thinking out loud - Austin at 25, boldin via trade and still get another mid tier free agent and come out even on dollars and still ahead on picks (next years 3 still around, which they've bad success with) and without baggage.

It's a steep price. He's a quality player when things are good though. It'll be interesting to see how it goes.

Edited by NoSaint

I like the move for Seattle, but when have headache players lived up to their billing and been less headcahes? Ocho Cinco? Moss? Owens? I'd be interested in receivers who were known headaches going to a new team, getting a big contract, improving and being less trouble.

Um, Marshawn Lynch (speaking of Seattle ...).