Johnny Manziel - QB - Texas A & M

4merper4mer

Kapernick, RG3 and Wilson were all drafted in one year and you come up with 3 QBs over the span of 5 or more years. See a trend? Plus the fact that none of them have won anything anyway.

Interestingly, if your point is, as a trend, the three QBs you mention are running QBs drafted over a short period of time that have had success, the three that you are disputing were also drafted in a year (defined as 365 days, much as you had to do to include Kaepernick in your argument), started immediately, took their teams to the playoffs, and depending on the outcome of next Sunday's game, have the opportunity to completely invalidate what I believe is the only valid point you've tried to make so far.

Or, you realize this, have intentionally misstated the facts, and I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me (Truly, you have a dizzying intellect).

Edited by transient

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interestingly, if your point is, as a trend, the three QBs you mention are running QBs drafted over a short period of time that have had success, the three that you are disputing were also drafted in a year (defined as 365 days, much as you had to do to include Kaepernick in your argument), started immediately, took their teams to the playoffs, and depending on the outcome of next Sunday's game, have the opportunity to completely invalidate what I believe is the only valid point you've tried to make so far.

Or, you realize this, have intentionally misstated the facts, and I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me (Truly, you have a dizzying intellect).

It took those three other slow goofs how many years to get this far? And two of them have gone backwards. Meanwhile the sky is the limit for RG3, Kapernick and Wilson.

Anyway, Johnny Football has the best of both worlds so what's not to like. Damn the torpedoes.

thats unless he sees the Bulls have the #1 pick and decides to stay in for his senior year. Making us stink it up 2 years in a row. Would then probably make Marrone lose his job, rehire a whole new coaching staff, start a rebuild yet again, have half out defense pushing over the age of 30 and becoming more injury prone and slower than molasses. Then we'd have the QB but have to rebuild the rest if the team. With a new coach then, I'd say it'll take 3 more years. Well have a competitive team by 2018 I'd say. Then the town and county would hate the fact that we suck, wouldn't have worked out a new contract, or stadium build and the Bills would belong to a new owner at the time, of course they would have been sold to some investor in CA and they would move the team at that point. No more Bills. The 4th year of that new coach, the first year away from Buffalo, they win the SuoerBowl. Make a big deal about how Buffalo was holding the team back and Al' Qeida finds that disturbing and blows up the Falls and anything near it, including Buffalo.

Well, at least the world wouldn't end.

Well...I do hate the Haiku threads so... :thumbsup:

Kokbills hates haikus

Hate wasted on poetry

Poetry is life

It took those three other slow goofs how many years to get this far? And two of them have gone backwards. Meanwhile the sky is the limit for RG3, Kapernick and Wilson.

Anyway, Johnny Football has the best of both worlds so what's not to like. Damn the torpedoes.

Let's play word association. I'll start by giving you the first words:

Honey Badger.

What are your thoughts about the Honey Badger? I saw a mock draft that had the Bills taking him in the 5th or 6th round.

What are your thoughts about the Honey Badger? I saw a mock draft that had the Bills taking him in the 5th or 6th round.

He's an undersized DB from the SEC. I can see the Bills taking him in the first or second round.

I'm not even sure who the Honey Badger is this year. I don't see how someone with a title like that can be a 5/6th. How does that happen? LSU is always strong. Anyway I will admit I wanted last year's Honey Badger and was ticked when Dallas took him. How did he end up doing? I have to say I thought Gilmore did just fine so I ended up ok with everything. This year is different though. We have to get Manziel.

If we get the Honey Badger in round 5 or 6 it sure couldn't hurt I suppose.

A lot of things have changed over the past few years in the NFL and some have stayed the same.

With regard to the Bills selection in this draft the factor that has been a constant is that you need strong QB to be able to consistently win.

There are two things that have changed. The first is becoming obvious as it relates to QBs: mobile QBs are no longer just a novelty. They are winning, Yes, there are some proven losers like Michael Vick out there that will probably be tempting in trade scenarios, but the real winners have been the young guys like RG3, Kapernick and Wilson. The Bills could have had two of these guys and failed but maybe they have learned. The other thing that has changed, and may seem unrelated is that the NFL has proven itself to be looking the other way when it comings to individuals and teams violating rules or "cheating".

Michael Vick got to play as soon as he got out of jail. Ray Lewis, at the very least, let two guys bleed to death and gets his very own NFL pedestal. That tight end from Seattle did those horrible things with no repercussions. These individuals and others prove that after an initial hazing period, the NFL either looks the other way, or rewards dirt bags. As for teams and coaches, the Patriots cheated harshly and still are the media darlings. The refs still give them every possible break despite their sissy kicking QB and their grouchy coach. More recently, the Saints who were caught on tape trying to hurt other players, took some punishment for a while but now are back in business as are all of the violating coaches including moron in chief Gregggggg Williams.

It is time the Bills stop playing Mr. Goodytwoshoes. When Goodell approaches the podium with the #8 card in his hand I hope to see a huge scowl on his face and hear him say.........

With the 8th selection of the 2013 draft, the Buffalo Bills select Johnny Manziel, QB Texas A & M.

This of course, will involve contacting Manziel ahead of time and having a contract already done before the NFL lawyers can stop it. It will involve paying him extra $$$$ beyond his already high value but everyone has a price. It will involve the organization keeping quiet before draft day. We already know from this board that they are pretty quiet with reporters so that is a good sign. I'm sure after the fact there will be punishment but as the Patriots, Lewis, Vick, the Saints and the Seattle loser prove, it will be weak. IMO we can either take the bull by the horns and select Manziel now or stink out loud for two years and take him then. I say now.

Only if kelly agrees to come outta retirement and start for one year to teach him then i seen this pretty bad a$$ high school wr we could skip the whole collage playing crap and sign him now he is a fast young raw wr

I'm not even sure who the Honey Badger is this year. I don't see how someone with a title like that can be a 5/6th. How does that happen? LSU is always strong. Anyway I will admit I wanted last year's Honey Badger and was ticked when Dallas took him. How did he end up doing? I have to say I thought Gilmore did just fine so I ended up ok with everything. This year is different though. We have to get Manziel.

If we get the Honey Badger in round 5 or 6 it sure couldn't hurt I suppose.

It's really time to shut this thread down. He's had his fun

And revoke this guys ability to make thread. Worst. Guy. Ever.

this is probably the dumbest thread of the year, but I would like to say I was part of it

It is just January

And revoke this guys ability to make thread. Worst. Guy. Ever.

You must be new around here

It's really time to shut this thread down. He's had his fun

He may have but all these posts are keeping the fun going. The 'How many suckers can you get in one thread' game.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

What does this phrase mean?

Farragut could see the ships pulling back from his high perch, where he was lashed to the rigging of his flagship, the USS Hartford. "What's the trouble?", he shouted through a trumpet from the flagship to the USS Brooklyn. "Torpedoes!" was shouted back. "Damn the torpedoes!" said Farragut, "Four bells. Captain Drayton, go ahead! Jouett, full speed!"[19][20] The bulk of the fleet succeeded in entering the bay. Farragut triumphed over the opposition of heavy batteries in Fort Morgan and Fort Gaines to defeat the squadron of Admiral Franklin Buchanan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Farragut

What does this phrase mean?

It is not a phrase. It is an album by Tom Petty. It has three songs that directly relate to this and one that might:

1. Refugee - There is no reason for Johnny football to live like a refugee.

2. Even the Losers get lucky sometimes - This is about the Bills

3. You Tell Me - Meaning the Bills should tell the NFL how it will work, not the other way around

4. Louisiana Rain - If Johnny football is from Louisiana he will rain as the king of football. If he is from somewhere else then this does not relate but still.

Edit:

Manziel, who at the time was 19, presented a fake Louisiana driver’s license to police officers showing himself to be 21

http://en.wikipedia..../Johnny_Manziel

It was fake, but the Louisiana Rain connection is there.

Well since we're completely ignoring all the rules anyways - why even bother sending a card up? Why waste a pick? Just sign him him to an undrafted free agent contract.

The kid is a QB that just won the Heisman. His ego would not allow him to be remembered as anything other than a 1st rounder.

Edited by 4merper4mer