Tom Brady's Sissy Kick

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though a gif of the play is in THIS THREAD multiple times it still appears you haven't seen the play. That said the most comical thing is "the body style of Brady" he is 6'4" and 225 pounds! Ed Reed is 5'11" and 205. He has 5 inches and 20 pounds but needs to cover up and protect himself?!? He could've snapped his ankle because it was so high! If he slid normally his ankle/foot would have been nowhere in the line of fire...

As soon as I saw this play I thought of the wristband Brady wore with the phrase "find #20 (Reed) on every play," there is no assumption to make other than it was intentional. How beneficial would it have been for the Pats* if Reed missed the second half?

So you think Brady spent most of the game looking to personally issue a cart off to Ed Reed??

The crazy meter just went to 11.....

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21599162/report-nfl-to-look-at-tom-bradys-kick-slide

Honestly, it would be a bit of a surprise if the NFL decided to fine Brady. But consider this: When Detroit's Ndamukong Suh did something similar earlier this year (similar in that we couldn't tell if his kick to Matt Schaub's groin was intentional), the league fined him $30,000.

And sure, Suh has had previous disciplinary problems, while Brady has been squeaky clean. But without some kind of acknowledgment that Brady did wrong, the league likely will further alienate the NFL's defensive players who already feel that the offensive stars are playing by a different set of disciplinary rules.

Think people are overreacting here. He had a 300 pound monster barreling in on him. The chance of him getting seriously hurt from that move was substantially higher than the defender.

He had a 5'11" 205 lb DB who is prohibited by rule from hitting a 6'4" 220 lb QB who has "given himself up" by sliding.

The video clearly shows him putting his knees together to start the slide then lifting his leg and extending his foot in the direction of Reed's kneecap as Reed approached.

Next excuse.

So you think Brady spent most of the game looking to personally issue a cart off to Ed Reed??

The crazy meter just went to 11.....

Mr. Straw man. Wow no that's not what I said. What I said was he was keenly aware every play where Ed Reed was. An opportunity presented itself and he took it.

No I don't think he was looking to cart off reed every play. Just wondering are you ever happy? Every post every thread is condescending. Sheesh man get off your high horse.

Mr. Straw man. Wow no that's not what I said. What I said was he was keenly aware every play where Ed Reed was. An opportunity presented itself and he took it.

No I don't think he was looking to cart off reed every play. Just wondering are you ever happy? Every post every thread is condescending. Sheesh man get off your high horse.

He's salty because his sissy, finesse team got blasted by the Ravens.

I would guess that at least 2 of every 3 posts he makes are sad attempts to either mock the Bills or other posters.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/8868249/2013-nfl-playoffs-ed-reed-baltimore-ravens-says-tom-brady-new-england-patriots-sorry-slide-nfl-eyes-play

So according to this article, it's pretty clear that Brady did it on purpose. Admitting as much through his trash talk to Reed on the field after the play, "You want to play like that, let's go". And also through his apology call to Reed once Brady realized people noticed he acted like a POS.

The league should fine him. $25,000-30,000 sounds about right based on past examples.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/8868249/2013-nfl-playoffs-ed-reed-baltimore-ravens-says-tom-brady-new-england-patriots-sorry-slide-nfl-eyes-play

So according to this article, it's pretty clear that Brady did it on purpose. Admitting as much through his trash talk to Reed on the field after the play, "You want to play like that, let's go". And also through his apology call to Reed once Brady realized people noticed he acted like a POS.

The league should fine him. $25,000-30,000 sounds about right based on past examples.

Mr. Weo? What have you to say about this? Is the crazy meter at 12 now?!?!

I get it - but there are likely an infinite amount of rules that could protect players that aren't actually on the book.(...)

Do I think it was intentional? Sure. Is it a hard spot for the nfl without a well defined rule? Yea. I wouldn't be surprised if the nfl goes back and defines the slide motion better in the offseason.

Article 6: Unnecessary Roughness. There shall be no unnecessary roughness. This shall include, but will not be limited

to:

(a) Using the foot or any part of the leg to strike an opponent with a whipping motion;

Article 11: Striking, Kicking, or Kneeing Opponents. All players are prohibited from:

(b) kicking or kneeing an opponent;

Kind of look like well-defined rules on the book to me

Here you go...Ian Rapoport@RapSheet

#Patriots QB Tom Brady was fined $10,000 for unnecessary roughness in the AFC championship game, I'm told. Came on the Ed Reed slide

Well, it's something.

Yeah I think that's probably right. If Brady had a little more accuracy with his sissy feet, he probably would have connected better and then warranted a substantially bigger fine. The fine is for the attempt, and probably justice.

For a first-time offense, you can't really nail him for much more than that.

I watched the replay on ESPN. Despite not being a Brady fan, I didn't find the leg movement anything different than a straight arm. this was a straight leg, and potentially kepts Ed Reed from hitting him "by accident" Lot of smoke here, no fire.

I watched the replay on ESPN. Despite not being a Brady fan, I didn't find the leg movement anything different than a straight arm. this was a straight leg, and potentially kepts Ed Reed from hitting him "by accident" Lot of smoke here, no fire.

I disagree. The difference being that a hand doesn't have a spiked cleat on it. And A straight arm hits someone above the waist ....not in a vulnerable area like the knee.

Edited by Golden Wheels

2 fines came out of last weeks games . 1 was on Tom Brady for sliding & trying to take out Ed Reed at the end of a play.

The other was to Frank Gore --- for wearing his socks too short ???

And the big thing is Gore got find more money than Brady, talk about preferential treatment for QB's ! Brady could have very easily ended Reeds career had he (meaning Reed) been going a bit faster or had his weight shifted or any little weird deal so i can see a hefty fine for him, but Gore ??

Gore was fined $10,500 for wearing his socks too short & Brady got fined $10,000 for sliding into Reed & that one looked pretty intentional. I don't mean he was intentionally trying to take Reeds knee out & hurt him but he was intentional in bringing his leg up to hit something or some one it wasn't just the way he landed.

I think the commish should rethink his amounts that he charged for what infraction. I mean the punishment should fit the crime & $10,500 for wearing your socks too short as they say ...

COME ON MAN !!