Mike Glennon - QB - NC State

I lived in Apex the last few years, and saw all of his games, that arm is legit. He's at least as good of a prospect as Mallett.

Exactly. Oh btw, Mallett was drafted in the 4th round by the Pats to be a long-term project so...

I've been saying for a while he's the next Mallett - arguably without the attitude baggage Mallett supposedly carried.

That does not equal a first or second round pick.

Edited by BobChalmers

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. Oh btw, Mallett was drafted in the 4th round by the Pats to be a long-term project so...

I've been saying for a while he's the next Mallett - arguably without the attitude baggage Mallett supposedly carried.

That does not equal a first or second round pick.

Mallett without his baggage,isn't a 4th round pick either.

• 1 month later...

That's exactly right, nobody was talking about Mike Glennon until after the Clemson game, just like Gabbert was talked until after the Insight Bowl

i mean... he was a top 3 qb recruit out of high school, and put up good numbers in his junior year after wilson left..... i wouldnt say its out of left field. hes got a huge arm, is graduating from with a masters (3.8 GPA, good head on his shoulders), his brother was a qb at Va Tech

he seems to not always make good choices but hes not without some resume.

Glennon is a HUGE project, and will need years Buffalo does not have time for such a huge project

I hear most of the experts think this draft class is all about huge projects. Glennon has some raw skills that could be useful down the road so I think it matters where you get him. I have a funny feeling after missing on cousins/wilson we'll be taking a qb before we probably should, which could translate into taking Glennon in the second.

The kid does have a big arm and throws a gorgeous pass. But for a dude that is 6'7" and have hands under 10" plus being built like a stick, with a long skinny neck, it doesn't seem to me he can absorb much contact without fumbling or getting hurt.

• 2 weeks later...

The kid does have a big arm and throws a gorgeous pass. But for a dude that is 6'7" and have hands under 10" plus being built like a stick, with a long skinny neck, it doesn't seem to me he can absorb much contact without fumbling or getting hurt.

Been watching a lot of him. He actually absorbs hits well, he seems flexible, not a statue like many say. He did have a faster 40 time than Wilson, Nassib and Jones.

The important thing is many times he makes good plays under pressure. His quick release helps him with that. Also his ability to slide and reset quickly (see senior bowl second half). In contrast Jones takes a number of sacks just because it stangely takes him forever to get rid of the ball once he decides to throw it away.

Bucky Brooks says Glennon is the franchise QB in this years draft. Bigtime arm ,can make all the throws on a rope. Lists several big games he came up with great wins and efforts. Deadly deep. Kinda reminds him of Flacco. Faster than Nassib in the forty at 6-7. Receivers dropped many balls in games this year. Typical pocket passer,which still thrives today. Quick release. Geno,. Barkley and Glennon ,Manuel are my QBs who I would be happy with.

Best compares to Flacco???! Whoa Bucky, step away from the crack pipe...

Lurker, Flacco didn't become "franchise" Flacco til the end of this season. When you watch video of Glennon he does have traits of Flacco. Watch the Carolina game. I think Glennon can be that guy with a little seasoning and some talent surrounding him.

Lurker, Flacco didn't become "franchise" Flacco til the end of this season. When you watch video of Glennon he does have traits of Flacco. Watch the Carolina game. I think Glennon can be that guy with a little seasoning and some talent surrounding him.

Glennon's body type will never be confused with Flacco. Flacco's a LB playing QB...his body can take the NFL pounding.

http://www.nfl.com/c...e-flacco?id=382

Glennon's a twig ready to get snapped...

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/mike-glennon?id=2539275

Edited by Lurker

If Geno Smith is available to us at 8 & we don't take him then the Jets will take him. we better be sure to take the best QB available for our new system.

We should sign a WR like D. Heyward-Bey then draft the best QB available at 8, then draft a LB then go after another QB or WR with our 3rd pick.

I know nothing about glennon, but I think flacco is a pretty mediocre QB. He put together a nice post-season run obviously, but he's not in the top 10 (maybe 15) guys in the league, IMO.