Mike Glennon - QB - NC State

The more I am reading about Glennon, the more I am starting to hope that he will be our pick. I know some people have been down on him due to his bowl performance, but I am starting to think he may be the right pick at #8.

http://www.nfl.com/n...mb-draft-boards

"I know that statement will take many by surprise, considering the endless hype and speculation surrounding West Virginia's Geno Smith and USC's Matt Barkley, but there is a growing sentiment in the NFL scouting community that the N.C. State star could be the crown jewel of this year's quarterback class.

I had heard about Glennon's ascension up draft boards across the league over the past few weeks, but it wasn't until I made a trip to North Carolina to study him in person on Saturday that I could see what all the commotion was about. Glennon's masterful performance in a 43-35 loss to North Carolina made the visit well worth the trouble."

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The more I am reading about Glennon, the more I am starting to hope that he will be our pick. I know some people have been down on him due to his bowl performance, but I am starting to think he may be the right pick at #8.

http://www.nfl.com/n...mb-draft-boards

"I know that statement will take many by surprise, considering the endless hype and speculation surrounding West Virginia's Geno Smith and USC's Matt Barkley, but there is a growing sentiment in the NFL scouting community that the N.C. State star could be the crown jewel of this year's quarterback class.

I had heard about Glennon's ascension up draft boards across the league over the past few weeks, but it wasn't until I made a trip to North Carolina to study him in person on Saturday that I could see what all the commotion was about. Glennon's masterful performance in a 43-35 loss to North Carolina made the visit well worth the trouble."

I wish I had watched more of his games. The only one from his senior season I watched was the bowl game and he was really horrible. Hard to picture him as a good NFL QB from that one game.

There was also a time when Blaine Gabbert shot up the boards. I'm not saying they're the same, but just that I don't trust the "shooting up the boards" action that occurs between now and the draft.

a lot of times the "shooting up boards" that occurs before workouts is the draft people starting to get a whiff of what nfl scouts actually think of the kids.

nothing is changing perception except film study right now, and nfl boards are just barely beginning to even come together now that they know what juniors declared. movement on kipers board doesnt mean a thing about the impression an nfl gm has changing.

That link is 3 months old---and was already posted here weeks ago.

Look at the rest of "Bucky Brooks's" articles. He touted a new "real deal" every week.

LOL. I just noticed that when I was re-reading the article. Sorry about the redundancy. I was reading articles about him because I saw a mock draft today that had us taking him with the #8 pick so I wanted to learn more. old article notwithstanding, I am still intrigued by what I have read and heard about him.

Edited by buffaloboyinATL

LOL. I just noticed that when I was re-reading the article. Sorry about the redundancy. I was reading articles about him because I saw a mock draft today that had us taking him with the #8 pick so I wanted to learn more. old article notwithstanding, I am still intrigued my what I have read and heard about him.

I agree--he seems more intriguing than the kid from Syracuse, who seems suddenly intriguing only because the Bills hired his coaching staff.

I agree--he seems more intriguing than the kid from Syracuse, who seems suddenly intriguing only because the Bills hired his coaching staff.

Nassib was a 3rd-5th round pick half way through the season. His final few games put him into the 2nd round as well as the poor play by the previously assumed 1st rounders of Barkley, Smith, and Wilson.

The need of QB's by teams in the top 10 and the fear of people not being their in the 3rd round moved a lot of guys to second round projections, which in turn means that teams like the Bills would have to jump ahead of them at the end of the 1st to get them.

On THIS board, I agree that Nassib has come up more because of the Marrone hiring, but I don't think that's affected his status anywhere else. Solid kid who's improved every year, good arm, but lacks touch and has happy feet. His weakness shrunk more and more as the other qb's ahead of him got worse.

Mike Glennon is this Draft's Blaine Gabbert; he is getting hype from word of mouth, The NFL Draft Report has compared him Derek Anderson

This.

I haven't seen anything from his games to really inspire me over anyone else, let alone taking him at 8. He's right there with Wilson, Nassib, and Bray to me

Noooooo!

Gaine Blabert is a stronger prospect that Glennon. I haven't seen one impressive game from him, and I tried. I really tried.

I just don't get it.

If you watch an actual game and not read the hype or highlight reels, you couldn't pick him out. He is an average to below average college QB.

On THIS board, I agree that Nassib has come up more because of the Marrone hiring, but I don't think that's affected his status anywhere else.

It could have though. Teams likely know that the Bills are likely going to target him now. So, if teams 1-7 secretly had the urge to snacht him in the 2nd, they're going to have to address it now before 8th pick or possibly kiss him goodbye.

To me he looks a poor mans drew Bledsoe/Trent Edwards. Big arm like Bledsoe. Bricks for feet like Bledsoe. Check down nature of Edwards. I love his arm, but that's all I love. I'd prefer a handful of QBs to glennon.

Mike Glennon is this Draft's Blaine Gabbert; he is getting hype from word of mouth, The NFL Draft Report has compared him Derek Anderson

not even close. gabbert only threw 5 yard comeback routes and check downs and never had the arm or talent glennon has. im not saying glennon is a superstar im saying gabbert never had the ability or the pro style offense that glennon had.

not even close. gabbert only threw 5 yard comeback routes and check downs and never had the arm or talent glennon has. im not saying glennon is a superstar im saying gabbert never had the ability or the pro style offense that glennon had.

I don't think Hater is comparing them as QBs, only in so much as they have seemingly shot draft boards via word of mouth and hype in a weak class.

Edited by Punch

No games, no combine, and yet certain players climb the draft boards? Glennon might be very good but color me skeptical when I see stuff like this. This is more Glennon's agent fluffling his client that scouts talking.

PTR

This is true. The "draft boards" that are constantly changing are the draft boards of mock draft speculators and commentators, not of NFL teams.