2003 Bills home opener

Sigh...what a game. I can hardly believe how fast Sam Adams was, given how incredibly large he was.

It certainly seemed like we knew exactly what the Pats* offense was going to do that day on every snap. Milloy had to play a big part in that.

Also, watching Bledsoe reminded me what a cannon he had for an arm. Looks like he barely flicks his wrist and the ball travels half the field. Wish we could find an arm like that again.

I remember crying during the season finale :cry:

Yeah. Started 31-0 with Bledsoe...ended 0-31 with Travis Brown. I recall the last play Tedi Bruschi intercepted a pass to the end zone. It looked like he knew the play was coming. Turns out the Pats did. F**kin' cheaters.

PTR

After watching that i can now better understand why Brady and bellichek hate the Bills so much.

I can not remember another one handed loss like the butt kicking the Bills put on them in that game.

I mean the Bills out played them in every area. You could see that the Bills took the fight straight at NE.

Now 3 months later in December was a different story. But that September day Buffalo owned NE. How many teams can say that over the past 10 years?

a former Bill gave me a signed copy of SI of Sam Adams, Posey and Denney on the cover from this game for my birthday in 2012.

I will always remember this game...it was my last home game living in WNY before I moved to Utah.

Edit: I really had high hopes that 2003 team would do damage that year...and not to themselves :0/

Edited by KollegeStudnet

Sigh...what a game. I can hardly believe how fast Sam Adams was, given how incredibly large he was.

It certainly seemed like we knew exactly what the Pats* offense was going to do that day on every snap. Milloy had to play a big part in that.

Also, watching Bledsoe reminded me what a cannon he had for an arm. Looks like he barely flicks his wrist and the ball travels half the field. Wish we could find an arm like that again.

we could, but unless its attached to legs that run a 4.4 people will just yell "STATUE"

and its rare to have one of the strongest arms out there AND the fastest legs AND a quick enough brain.

i wouldnt be opposed at all to having a cannon for an arm, and just good pocket presence. people forget just how much a cannon for an arm opens up the entire field. when you have to defend 50 yards wide and 60 yards deep thats huge chunk of real estate.

After watching that i can now better understand why Brady and bellichek hate the Bills so much.

I can not remember another one handed loss like the butt kicking the Bills put on them in that game.

I mean the Bills out played them in every area. You could see that the Bills took the fight straight at NE.

Now 3 months later in December was a different story. But that September day Buffalo owned NE. How many teams can say that over the past 10 years?

really, nobody.

the only that comes to mind was getting to enjoy the saints beat them by 3-4 scores and brady getting pulled with 5 minutes or more to go in the game in 2009.

funny that Bill B will pull guys in a loss, but not in a win.

We throttled NE and JAX in weeks 1 and 2 and then, I believe, only won 3 more games that year. Still though, that 31-0 smackdown of NE is still one of my favorite Bills memories

I was fortunate enough be be at BOTH of those games (flew back home to Buffalo from ATL for the opener, then drove to JAX the next weekend). On the car ride back to ATL I was on the phone the entire time, talking to anyone who would listen about how this team had a great shot to win the Super Bowl. And then the rest of the season happened.

The Sam Adams play was right in our end of the field. I just remember yelling "he can't turn the corner, can he?" and of course he did, and the place was just absolutely rocking. I think about as loud as its been since the reconfiguration, save maybe the Dallas monday nighter. My other favorite play from that day was the Bills stuffing Antoine Smith on the 1 on the last play to preserve the shutout. Great memories.

Tyler Bray, but he needs a lot of work.

we could, but unless its attached to legs that run a 4.4 people will just yell "STATUE"

and its rare to have one of the strongest arms out there AND the fastest legs AND a quick enough brain.

i wouldnt be opposed at all to having a cannon for an arm, and just good pocket presence. people forget just how much a cannon for an arm opens up the entire field. when you have to defend 50 yards wide and 60 yards deep thats huge chunk of real estate.

really, nobody.

the only that comes to mind was getting to enjoy the saints beat them by 3-4 scores and brady getting pulled with 5 minutes or more to go in the game in 2009.

funny that Bill B will pull guys in a loss, but not in a win.

Yeah.

I think he has a great memory Belichik, and he will never forget the way the Bills handled them that day. He was out smarted and his team looked confused and lost. You know that burned Belichik.

I forgot about the Saints game, the only other one i can think of is the Ravens play off game a few years back in Foxboro.

I also think it is why we saw him so angry last year when Buffalo won at home. I bet off the record he would say Buffalo is the one team he hates losing to or enjoys beating more than any other.

That game provided the most fun ride back to the left coast since the super bowl era. We were pumped I remember a stewardess asking us (there were 4 of us) if we wanted an AA application instead of another round. We were going back that Sunday night on the redeye. Sadly, we know how long that "dominance" lasted. Good times, that have occurred just once since with those cheating pricks.

I remember this video! At the time there was a guy who'd do videos for all the games and they'd get pulled within a day or two by the NFL.

What made the game more fun, was at the same time the Yankees were playing the Red Sox. The Red Sox went up big, and the Pats fans took solace in that, even chanting Yankees Suck quite loudly. As the game continued, they showed the score, Yankees ended up coming back and winning the game pretty heftily. Double shot against the Boston crowd, loved it.

Also, that was the last Bills game I attended. Haven't missed much football...

Sox up big, really what 0-0. http://www.baseball-...200309070.shtml

•  

Posted Yesterday, 08:23 PM

I remember this video! At the time there was a guy who'd do videos for all the games and they'd get pulled within a day or two by the NFL.

What made the game more fun, was at the same time the Yankees were playing the Red Sox. The Red Sox went up big, and the Pats fans took solace in that, even chanting Yankees Suck quite loudly. As the game continued, they showed the score, Yankees ended up coming back and winning the game pretty heftily. Double shot against the Boston crowd, loved it.

Support local farms, visit your local farmers market! (updated, thanks Poo!)

http://www.baseball-...200309070.shtml

Edited by buddylove

Sox up big, really what 0-0. http://www.baseball-...200309070.shtml

•  

Posted Yesterday, 08:23 PM

Support local farms, visit your local farmers market! (updated, thanks Poo!)

http://www.baseball-...200309070.shtml

Learn2quote. Then you can mock me