So Wes Welker is set to become a free agent...

the guy is a future HOFer. If he becomes available for a reasonable price, there are no younger or cheaper options out there. this is just buffalo/ne haterade

Except he won't be at a 'reasonable' price. Unless of course you think 10/mill a year is 'reasonable'.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welker is the sole product of Brady. They wil plug a new guy in there and he will be nearly as effective if Brady so chooses. Welker is tough and durable and for the most part sure-handed. There are lots of guys that could have been the same player. I hated Josh Reed as a Bill but he would have caught 100+ balls if he played the same role for Brady.

Welker is the sole product of Brady. They wil plug a new guy in there and he will be nearly as effective if Brady so chooses. Welker is tough and durable and for the most part sure-handed. There are lots of guys that could have been the same player. I hated Josh Reed as a Bill but he would have caught 100+ balls if he played the same role for Brady.

Slow Girl?

No way!! He did not have half of Welker's seperation speed. and even less the hands of Welker!

I wouldn't mind Welker, if the price is reasonable...which it won't be.

I think we're just a good #2 WR away from having a solid core of WRs, with Nelson coming back. I'd prefer someone like Bowe to Welker, but I'd prefer a veteran to a rookie.

He is all about the system and Tom Brady and nothing else. I hate anything from New England but if the player makes us better I am in.

I don't however believe he is worth anything substantial and his age is an issue. He was nothing with the Dolphins and comes to NE and is great.

I believe if he came here he would be average nothing. I wouldn't waste my time on him.

the guy is a future HOFer. If he becomes available for a reasonable price, there are no younger or cheaper options out there. this is just buffalo/ne haterade

Whoa there. I said right at the beginning of the post I like Welker a whole lot. I just don't think he is the right player for what ails the Bills' O. It would be like looking at the defense and saying DO YOU KNOW WHAT THEY NEED? MORE BIG MONEY PLAYERS ON THE DEFENSIVE LINE!

Please name the last NE player to come here and be as good as he was there, let alone better.

Lawyer Milloy?

If we could get him at a reasonable price, I'd be in. I'm no expert but I haven't noticed the slide that others are talking about. I'd love Welker on this team, but not at the expense of a bigger receiver.

Incidentally, it is possible to get Welker AND get bigger. The two are not mutually exclusive, but there's only so many high draft picks and cap money to spend.

Maybe, but keep in mind Brady makes Welker the stud everyone thinks he is.

PTR

This is a typical response for guys who don't really pay attention. Yeah, Brady is throwing him all those passes (it's what QB's do), but Welker has the best hands in the game, "hands down". Watch the balls he's catching--half the time they are sailing over his head or into the dirt, and he just catches them. We don't have anyone with those hands on this team. Most of these guys need the ball delivered between the numbers. Welker caught 67% of his passes and 41% were for first downs.

A "younger guy", a "speedster who can stretch the field", say like, TJ Graham--had 7 drops in 58 targets and caught barely half his passes. Lets draft another one of those.