Bills hire Nathaniel Hackett for Offensive Coordinator

cmjoyce113

Not a good example. He had been an assistant coach in NE for 5 years before becoming OC.

And that is under Belichick and with Tom Brady.

....he started as a quality control coach just like a lot of up and comers do, why is it so hard to believe that Hackett can do the same? A lot of NFL people and various websites have tabbed the guy as a rising star yet this board has him condemned before he even gets here lol. The negative comments and reactions on this board are embarrassing to say the least!!!!!

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....he started as a quality control coach just like a lot of up and comers do, why is it so hard to believe that Hackett can do the same? A lot of NFL people and various websites have tabbed the guy as a rising star yet this board has him condemned before he even gets here lol. The negative comments and reactions on this board are embarrassing to say the least!!!!!

so when is it okay to start making negative comments ? 15 years without a playoff appearance? 20? 25? 30? Let us know when it's okay to be skeptical. There were posters who thought the Jauron hire, the Gailey Hire, the Wansdtat hire, the Marv Levy re-hire were bad ideas, and then there are people like you who think that the bills are making all the right decisions even though they spend year after year losing.. the bills always get it wrong, but that's okay, let's pretend that they are making all the right choices anyway. this hire is embarrassing.

my sentiments exactly.

so when is it okay to start making negative comments ? 15 years without a playoff appearance? 20? 25? 30? Let us know when it's okay to be skeptical. There were posters who thought the Jauron hire, the Gailey Hire, the Wansdtat hire, the Marv Levy re-hire were bad ideas, and then there are people like you who think that the bills are making all the right decisions even though they spend year after year losing.. the bills always get it wrong, but that's okay, let's pretend that they are making all the right choices anyway. this hire is embarrassing.

The problem is, your stringing together every coach and his staff as if they are somehow related. I don't think anyone is saying you aren't entitled to your opinion, you certainly are. But I think some posters are taking a wait and see approach instead of cruicfying the guy before he's even had a chance to coach. ESPECIALLY because he is an unknown. You/Me/Everyone else has no idea is this is a good hire or not. Sure you can speculate and have an opinion on it that may be negative, so you can say I told you so. But we won't know until the season starts and how the team preforms.

The bottom line is this is entertainment. Why get so upset about it?

A few have touched on it but I will repeat it

- People should NOT be saying "same old bills" with this hire....this is DEF not on the beaten path of the way we have done it in the past.......in the past we would have taken a retread that has had moderate success in the NFL for the OC position........NO...this is a new day in Buffalo. Its new blood.....the bills are swinging for the fences with YOUNG up and comers.

- To the people talking about how our young coaches are gonna get spanked by guys like Billy B.......guys....its FOOTBALL.....its not like the aged winning coaches in the NFL are super martial arts warriors and the higher the level their belt the more powerful they are....no......there has been much talk about how practices of the college ranks are moving to the NFL.....that is way Chip Kelly was so sought after......its cutting edge.....new blood....fresh prospective.

- Another thing to consider......maybe the reason why Marroine wanted Hackett is because he WANTS to win quickly......and when you are assembling a team and need immediate results you put together a team that you already have a chemistry with.

- Keep an open mind guys.......if they dont hire a DC with plenty of NFL defensive experience I also will have lots of question marks....so far so good.

I'm trying to keep an open mind. But, this feels like the same old same old. Yeah, its new guys.. young guys. But, we currently have a young HC Who just hired his college buddy, with next to no NFL experience, to run our offense. How is it different from the sub par staff that Gailey or Jauron or Greg or.. put together? Sure this time it may work, but based on past experience with the Bills and other teams; it headed for mediocrity.

I'll keep watching, hoping... but for now color me far less than impressed. This was the new HC, the young HC, the inexperienced HC's first big decision and its less than stellar to say the least.

i can 30 pages of posts for every hire we make and most of the comments will be negative. If he hire Lebeau wed here oh **** a 3 - 4 defense again. maybe Bills fans need the change not the coaching staff

This. Completely agree. This is a guy who is on the same page with the HC. They obviously know what they want to do with this offense. There are no guarantees no matter who you hire, but at least they have a solid idea of what they want to do.

I immediately regret my decision.

have you guys seen the second part to anchorman?

"wake up ron burgandy."

its like, all the deleted scenes, compiled into a movie. it runs parallel to the plot of anchorman?

i dont really know how to describe it.

Edited by JohnnyGold

Marrone is going to be fun. As others have mentioned, if you parse his press conference statements, Hackett fits exactly what Marrone was looking for in an offensive coordinator -- "someone who has been in the NFL." I will expect the defensive coordinator to have a lot more experience though based on Marrone's words.

This is a coach that enjoys playing with words, e.g. "Syracuse WAS my dream, you see, but I continue to have dreams..." I think, in turn, we'll enjoy parsing his statements.

lmao.

the FEAR of the patriots on this website is unbelievable.

the vaunted, TWENTY FIFTH RANKED new england defense.

oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No schitt. Truthfully, the Bills should have been no worse than 2-2 against the Pats* over the past two seasons (rather than 1-3) and in two of those losses, they held double digit leads before the defense collapsed. Wake up people.

Marrone is a bald faced liar. Thorough NFL experience.... so it begins...

I honestly think this guy seems like a liar, a phony, and a complete A-hole. That whole "I'm NY guy" angle is practiced and stupid and phony. It was a way around answering any questions -- and he didn't really answer any questions -- the ones he did answer are turning out to be lies.

That's not to say that having a jerk as a coach is a bad thing. Belichick is the biggest jerk on the planet. Still, as one other poster said, this is either turning out to be a ballsy head coach -- or something is going terribly wrong. With Buffalo's track record, forgive me if I think it's the latter. we might be on the way to 0-16 here. Did anyone consider that?

Didn't he say he would look in NFL, college Div 3, 1AA, etc??

No schitt. Truthfully, the Bills should have been no worse than 2-2 against the Pats* over the past two seasons (rather than 1-3) and in two of those losses, they held double digit leads before the defense collapsed. Wake up people.

thank you.

steelers and giants have both won multiple super bowls since the patriots last won one.

hell, patriots havent won a superbowl in almost a decade.

the patriots winning the afc east has had far, far, far more to do with the general incompetence and misfortune of the other 3 teams in the division, than any sustained success of the "patriots way."

for evidence, please note the success of every other elite team in the league when playing the patriots in the playoffs for the last 7 or 8 seasons.

houston will likely eliminate them this weekend.

"was born December 19, 1979 in Fullerton, California…is married to the former Megan Baumgartner and have a son, Harrison, and a daughter, Briar."

Just turned 33 years old.

Oof. I'm 35, and thought I was getting old when guys my age were starting to retire from pro sports. Now they're becoming coaches.

Edited by jimmyo

thank you.

steelers and giants have both won multiple super bowls since the patriots last won one.

hell, patriots havent won a superbowl in almost a decade.

the patriots winning the afc east has had far, far, far more to do with the general incompetence and misfortune of the other 3 teams in the division, than any sustained success of the "patriots way."

for evidence, please note the success of every other elite team in the league when playing the patriots in the playoffs for the last 7 or 8 seasons.

houston will likely eliminate them this weekend.

You had me until that point. Houston stinks. But Denver will get 'em the following week.

--------------------------------

Pats* aside, it has been enjoyable watching this trainwreck of a thread this morning. Unbelievable.

Glad to see Paul's boy getting a shot in the bigs. Young, fresh, innovative is what I've been wanting for this franchise for a long time. I think they'll be fun to watch. CJ better be ready to get more than 7 touches per game, that's for sure.

Edited by eball

Yeah, Fitzpatrick has carved up their defenses every single game he's played against them the last 2-3 years. We'd have 30 in every game we played against them if we didn't turn the ball over.