Matt Barkley - QB - USC

RogerNapalm

I can careless what "" experts say"" arm strenght isnt everything....and oh yea...last time I checked fitzgarbage has been our starting qb...dam dude cant throw a freaking pass over 20 yards accurately....barkley doesnt have a cannon like glennon but is way more polished then any other qb coming out this year.....also barkleys arm strength is much better then picksgarbage...n hackett will be running a west coast offense..where quick reads and accurate throws are needed in the 5 to 15 yard spread...barkley is deadly in that department...so yea I would take barkley over fitz in a heartbeat

Edited by Hotpockets28

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look at Barkley, and I see Fitz six or seven years ago. -Minus the mobility, which Fitz no longer has.

Plus he's got that shoulder thing goin on, which could, IMWO, prove to be a nagging, career long injury.

I say PASS. the potential for him busting-out seems a bit high.

Edited by #34fan

I can careless what "" experts say"" arm strenght isnt everything....and oh yea...last time I checked fitzgarbage has been our starting qb...dam dude cant throw a freaking pass over 20 yards accurately....barkley doesnt have a cannon like glennon but is way more polished then any other qb coming out this year.....also barkleys arm strength is much better then picksgarbage...n hackett will be running a west coast offense..where quick reads and accurate throws are needed in the 5 to 15 yard spread...barkley is deadly in that department...so yea I would take barkley over fitz in a heartbeat

You're still confused.

Most people here would take Barkley over Fitz.

Most people believe the Bills will draft a quarterback.

The discussion is about whether Barkley is the best prospect, NOT whether he's better than Fitz.

You're still confused.

Most people here would take Barkley over Fitz.

Most people believe the Bills will draft a quarterback.

The discussion is about whether Barkley is the best prospect, NOT whether he's better than Fitz.

ok then....#1.Yes I believe he is the best Qb prospect..""IN THIS DRAFT" " yes even over geno smith and so should the bills. I can careless about smiths tremendous 44 tds 6int statline....barkley had three great seasons and a so called ""downyear"" this past season...usc defense was godawful plus their offensiveline looked as good as the eagles offensiveline....and that is saying alot which is not good...to me a 3,000+ yards 36 tds and 15 ints isnt a down season usc troubles wasnt barkleys fault they lost games due to having a clueless pathetic coach and a god awful defense/offensiveline...it would be a wetdream for me if buffalo drafted barkley either at #8 or a trade down scenario....(would prefer a trade down scenario btw)

ok then....#1.Yes I believe he is the best Qb prospect..""IN THIS DRAFT" " yes even over geno smith and so should the bills. I can careless about smiths tremendous 44 tds 6int statline....barkley had three great seasons and a so called ""downyear"" this past season...usc defense was godawful plus their offensiveline looked as good as the eagles offensiveline....and that is saying alot which is not good...to me a 3,000+ yards 36 tds and 15 ints isnt a down season usc troubles wasnt barkleys fault they lost games due to having a clueless pathetic coach and a god awful defense/offensiveline...it would be a wetdream for me if buffalo drafted barkley either at #8 or a trade down scenario....(would prefer a trade down scenario btw)

It's too bad his arm isn't quite ready for the combine.

They're saying that doubles up on the importance of his pro day.

The one thing I've heard consistently about Barkley is that he'll be the most polished and pro-ready QB from this class. I still haven't formed strong opinions on any of the QB prospects so I appreciate your take.

I appreciate the example (Marinovich? forgot about that guy)

Maybe we should get a qb from Ole Miss, that's where Eli went, and he's got a few rings.

I think QB history from a certain college is like that meaningless stat the networks love to run about previous meeting between two teams ("Well the Bills have NEVER beaten the Dolphins on a Monday night.....and then they show stats back 30 years when the current players weren't even born yet)

The best way to get a QB is to have good luck and draft one that hopefully works out. There are more number one overall draft picks that have failed in the NFL than have made it. A LOT more.

Brees went 31st, Rodgers 24th, Flacco 18th, Brady 200 and something, Kapernick 36th, Russel Wilson 75th etc etc.

These are among the best QB's in the game. Lots of great talent evaluators--the best in the world-- miss over and over again, year in and year out.

It's mostly luck. We need to keep rolling the dice and eventually we'll get one, but it's not going to be because of some genius in the scouting department, it's going to be because our number finally comes up.

Yeah Fitz was the starter for Harvard... Harvard his senior year. Barcley played as a freshmen for U.S.C. Do you think Fitz was highly saught after. Yeah like you say No comparison.

For those who want us to pick Jerry Rice with our #16 pick.

Have we learned nothing? I implore you, please divert your thinking by simply using history as a lesson.

Nate Doresy - Suuuuuuucks

Dave McDaniels - Laugh out loud

Danta Whitaker - Had a minute or two of success

Bobby Gaddis - This should be enough right here

Joe Thomas - Who?

Louis Watson - Yep

Rickey Feacher - Was a wonderful back up for many years

Rice is doomed and frankly hasn't shown much beyond what any of these other chumps have ever shown.

Does any more need to be said?

Can anyone name a successful WR from Mississippi Valley State? Ever?

Barkley injured his shoulder against UCLA Nov 17th and it is still not healed. It was said to be a Grade 3 separation. 3 months later it has not healed enough to throw would be a red flag to some teams, Have to wait and see if he has it back to throwing shape on his pro day on March 27th. I doubt he will be drafted by the Bills. I think they are viewing other QB talent.

How about drafting barkeviuos mingo OLB at #8 ...and if he drops due to""injury issue"" trade up late into the first round and draft barkley??? Ok ok im dreaming now but hey im a diehard bills fan i can dream can I?hahahhahha....O.o

Edited by Hotpockets28

Sorry, I didn't hear anyone on this board say draft Kapaernick or Russel Wilson. The armchair draft preview is for entertainment only. Just like Miss Cleo's psychic readings.

Then you weren't paying attention. A lot of people were calling for Russel Wilson. Many of us were sure the trade up was for the purpose of taking him, only to have cold water thrown on our hopes when TJ Graham's name was called.

There's lots of good stuff out there.

You can get the "red alert" siren from the original Star Trek series. Also pretty much every Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune sound effect is available. I keep these on my computer for our fantasy football draft. They're always good for a couple of cheap laughs.

USC quarterbacks?

I'd take em on a case-by-case basis. They have sent a lot of QBs to the NFL, that's for sure.

Yes USC has sent a lot of QBs to the NFL...how many have actually been good?

I don't know but I know that it has no bearing on the future.

If Barkley isn't good enough it's not gonna be because he played at USC.

Can't deny a pattern when there clearly is one...it's like Michigan WRs who looked awesome in college but didnt amount to jack in the NFL

Edited by Max997

This still does not explain the complete failure of a QB school USC has been in the NFL!!

Mark Sanchez, Carson Palmer, Matt Leinart, Sean Salisbury, Rodney Peete, Pat Haden, Matt Cassel, Bill Nelsen, Pete Beathard, Vince Evans, Paul McDonald, Todd Marinovich, Rob Johnson AND John David Booty.

Don't turn it around... the argument is that USC quarterbacks historically suck, big time. THAT is irrefutable.

I'm sorry but I am sick of Carson Palmer being called terrible. The guy was a top 3 or 5 QB in the league before he blew his knee out. Dude was a very good QB. Calling him terrible is short cited. He made Chad Johnson all day long. Cinci never drafts Dalton and are actually a better team if the guy doesn't get that injury.

Lets only draft QB's from Michigan, Pittsburgh, and Delaware because that's where Brady, Marino, and Flacco went. If we really want to strike it big, lets grab a guy from Miami Ohio because that's where Rothlisburger went.