Matt Barkley - QB - USC

RogerNapalm

Does he have the arm strength to throw into the west end zone in December/January?

why would he be throwing in January?

does lamesucktrick???? I bet you my life fitzgarbage cant!!! hahahha

ok dude. Enough. Your point is made. You hate Fitz. You want to eat his young, S*#T them out, and put it into a bag, light it on fire and throw it on somebody's front porch. We get it. Now grow up. Nobody on this board is saying Fitz is a better QB than Barkley. Simply pointing out Barkleys shortcomings.

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why would he be throwing in January?

ok dude. Enough. Your point is made. You hate Fitz. You want to eat his young, S*#T them out, and put it into a bag, light it on fire and throw it on somebody's front porch. We get it. Now grow up. Nobody on this board is saying Fitz is a better QB than Barkley. Simply pointing out Barkleys shortcomings.

We have been known to play late regular season games in January.

I was not impressed with his interview. I don't hate him just not particularly impressed. Not implessed with Geno Smith either. On the other hand I do like the way that EJ presents himself.

i heard and interview with barkley on jim rome a while ago. didn't really push the meter one way or the other. i also remember and interview rome did with geno smith earlier in the year and he really impressed me with the way he came across as a bright kid with a lot of interests.

Barkley is a good guy, I just don't think he'll be durable enough, and strong-armed enough to make the grade in Buffalo. I'm even starting to think Geno Smith wouldn't be a good fit. I'm starting to settle on Mike Glennon whom has the size, and potential to be a good QB if developed for a couple of seasons. The only other guy I see with possible potential is the young Tyler Bray 6'6'' 232.

That is not my worry at all. Barkley is a pocket passer with some real talent. The best QBs in my opinion are not the running QBs. Brady, Brees, the Mannings, make their money by stepping into the pocket and firing away instead of running around trying to buy time. Barkley I think is going to excel in the NFL because he is all ready playing Pro style football and doing pretty damn good at it.

He would certainly give Fitz a run for his money and frankly, I think he is the only QB in this class that could possibly take over right away.

That is not my worry at all. Barkley is a pocket passer with some real talent. The best QBs in my opinion are not the running QBs. Brady, Brees, the Mannings, make their money by stepping into the pocket and firing away instead of running around trying to buy time. Barkley I think is going to excel in the NFL because he is all ready playing Pro style football and doing pretty damn good at it.

He would certainly give Fitz a run for his money and frankly, I think he is the only QB in this class that could possibly take over right away.

I am inclined to agree with these statements.

Baarkley is polished, and mature. I will wait to see how he does on his pro day, but I think he will do well, and I hope the Bills get him.

" by stepping into the pocket and firing away "

A pocket passer who can slide and then step up will be successful with a proper O line who can collapse well. And Barkley is smart enough i am guessing to step up and into the NFL quickly.

I dont mind if he is the pick.

Fitzwagonweinerflubfestwankerdoodleschnitzelhead would be a nice mentor after his serious restructuring of contract.

" by stepping into the pocket and firing away "

A pocket passer who can slide and then step up will be successful with a proper O line who can collapse well. And Barkley is smart enough i am guessing to step up and into the NFL quickly.

I dont mind if he is the pick.

Fitzwagonweinerflubfestwankerdoodleschnitzelhead would be a nice mentor after his serious restructuring of contract.

As long as his shoulder checks out he's dalton with a bit more upside in my opinion. Maybe not the highest ceiling but a safe day 1 player that won't screw you over. Barkley might even win you some big games on his back if he reaches his potential, where I'm not sure dalton is that guy.

Fitzwagonweinerflubfestwankerdoodleschnitzelhead

ok, that one made me spit milk ! out of all of the twisted names for fitzsizzlechest

I'll take any QB that can get us back to loosing the superbowl at this point, no matter how they do it.

Championship !

As long as his shoulder checks out he's dalton with a bit more upside in my opinion. Maybe not the highest ceiling but a safe day 1 player that won't screw you over. Barkley might even win you some big games on his back if he reaches his potential, where I'm not sure dalton is that guy.

He seems the surest bet.

All the "defense wins championships" guys should love him. He is the kind of guy that should at least be good enough to get the job done with a good defense.

I see barkley likely being the next ""matthew hassleback""well at least the seahawk version......a QB perfectly made for a west coast offense... Very accurate intelligent and has extreme poise while in the pocket to deliver nice throws in stride...barkley has great anticipation in knowing when exactly his Wrs will be open right before they even finish running there routes.

Edited by Hotpockets28

I just went and watched some footage. He looks so polished! He has 4 years of starting under his belt, and you can tell he knows what to do with the ball, no panic. He is better than Hasselback, though that is a fair comparison. He is a better passer, and more polished than Leinhart and Sanchez, and more mature. His work ethic is unquestioned.

ok, that one made me spit milk ! out of all of the twisted names for fitzsizzlechest

I'll take any QB that can get us back to loosing the superbowl at this point, no matter how they do it.

Championship !

Sorry Man !

Well , I think we have a pretty good sampling of opinion here so far and it appears we like him.

Now do we really like him at 8 ? not sure. Like i said. maybe.

Dont mind the pick though.

I did not include i dont mind him at 8. I would like him better at 41 or so. Or the trading out of eight pick.

I just went and watched some footage. He looks so polished! He has 4 years of starting under his belt, and you can tell he knows what to do with the ball, no panic. He is better than Hasselback, though that is a fair comparison. He is a better passer, and more polished than Leinhart and Sanchez, and more mature. His work ethic is unquestioned.

is what I been saying all along..

and for the person that said I watch a TON of usc games...is cuz I do!!!! but I watch a TON of college football in general PERIOD. barkley is by far more polished coming into the draft then matt failchez and Lol lienart ever was going into thier drafts.....barkley might never be a elite QB but he has all the tools and mental smarts to be a extremely solid QB in the pros...most definitely I see barkley in a few pro bowls in his career if the right team drafts him and puts him in the right scheme....(west coast) of course...lets go bills Get Er Dun!!!! Lol darnit come on barkley!!!!!....:D

Edited by Hotpockets28

Sorry Man !

Well , I think we have a pretty good sampling of opinion here so far and it appears we like him.

Now do we really like him at 8 ? not sure. Like i said. maybe.

Dont mind the pick though.

I did not include i dont mind him at 8. I would like him better at 41 or so. Or the trading out of eight pick.

See, I don't get that "not at #8" stuff. If he turns out to be good, it's a huge step for this team.Even a very good player at any other position, wouldn't have the impact on this team that a competent QB would have.

For all you youngsters out there,ripping on Barkleys arm strength. I`ll let you in on a little secret... the great Jim Kelly didn`t have a gun like alot of posters have dreamed up. He had a slightly above average arm. Watched him compete in a few Q.B. contests and he never was in the top for arm strength. He always topped out around 58 -60 yds.My personal best was 57 yds at 5- 10 170 lbs. So I say Barcley has more than enough arm strength to play in a couple at most windy days in the Ralph.

Of course barkley has more then enough arm strength to play in buffalo...just look up barkley in youtube you can easily see him fire 20+yard passes with lots of velocity on it....aslo you can see him launch 60+ yard throws and complete them in stride in which roflsucktrick not even in his dreams can do...

Edited by Hotpockets28