Matt Barkley - QB - USC

RogerNapalm

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I watched him, which I didn't often, it seemed like he sort of ripped the ball with reckless abandon into spots he wanted his WRs to be but they weren't. You could view this as him being frustrated with the level of execution around him, or you could view this as him being terrible. Lots of balls seemed to go into the ground and or nowhere...sometimes to the other team.

Dude seems soft. Like Jimmy Claussen-Blaine Gabbert soft. I think he'll play scared in the NFL and self-destruct.

Obviously the big question mark is his shoulder. Really interested to see how he throws at the combine/workouts.

But bottom-line, I think he'll be the next Captain Checkdown.

I would draft him. He had three great years at USC and then one so so year. He is also a great person! I would (for one) be happy to see him in Buffalo.

By all estimates though, he has a very average arm PLUS an injury to it and he can't run which is all the rage these days (and for good reason)....bleh...still better than fitz though

• 4 weeks later...

Barkley pulls a 180...

http://profootballta...est-of-my-life/

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, Barkley won’t throw at this week’s Scouting Combine. Per Schefter, Barkley “might” run. Which means, of course, that he “might” not.

It’s a stark contrast to Barkley’s own words from a week ago, in which he said his injured shoulder had healed sufficiently to allow him to throw.

This is probably the biggest test of my life coming up,” Barkley said. “This is like the SAT times thousands. I hear the whole couple days is a grind. But I am looking forward to that challenge. I am excited about it.”

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Seriously just because usc qbs usually turn out to be ""average at best"" at the next level doesnt mean matt barkley will also be a bust....i honestly feel that in the right scheme of offense..""west coast pro style"" he can be very successful. N hackett is gonna run a west coast type offense here in buffalo I would love barkley to be our qb...im sick and tired of watching number 14 walk on the field as our starter every sunday....:(

Funny how ppl on here say barkley is a concern...hmmmm many times I have seen barkley complete ""60 yard strikes to m lee "" and it was all 60 yards in the air....let me ask you this have you ever seen ryan fitzgarbage throw 60 yards through the air and accurately? Hell no...dude cant even throw pass 15 yards accurately...arm strenght isnt everything...barkley is extremely intelligent,has poise, and most importanly hes accurate!!! Something that cannot be teached

Edited by Hotpockets28

Seriously just because usc qbs usually turn out to be ""average at best"" at the next level doesnt mean matt barkley will also be a bust....i honestly feel that in the right scheme of offense..""west coast pro style"" he can be very successful. N hackett is gonna run a west coast type offense here in buffalo I would love barkley to be our qb...im sick and tired of watching number 14 walk on the field as our starter every sunday.... :(

Funny how ppl on here say barkley is a concern...hmmmm many times I have seen barkley complete ""60 yard strikes to m lee "" and it was all 60 yards in the air....let me ask you this have you ever seen ryan fitzgarbage throw 60 yards through the air and accurately? Hell no...dude cant even throw pass 15 yards accurately...arm strenght isnt everything...barkley is extremely intelligent,has poise, and most importanly hes accurate!!! Something that cannot be teached

You're muddling two different things:

1) Barkley compared to Fitz.

2) Barkley compared to other QBs we could draft instead.

Anyways, the reason Barkley isn't throwing: he hasn't been medically cleared to throw.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000139967/article/matt-barkley-will-not-throw-at-nfl-scouting-combine