Matt Barkley - QB - USC

RogerNapalm

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the last USC quarterback that was good in the NFL? Don't worry I'll wait... Wasn't Jimmy Clausen #1 coming out of HS????

just because barkley played at USC doesnt mean he will suck as a pro...Carson palmer was well on his way to becoming an ""elite"" QB before the devastating injury in the playoffs...never played the same again...(ala trent edwards vs the cardinals)...back to the point on coming from usc BS.... You mean to tell me if Andrew luck played at USC he would suck too as a pro?the whole OH NO HE IS A USC QB they suck in pros hopla is overblown and well just dumb Edited by Hotpockets28

just because barkley played at USC doesnt mean he will suck as a pro...Carson palmer was well on his way to becoming an ""elite"" QB before the devastating injury in the playoffs...never played the same again...(ala trent edwards vs the cardinals)...back to the point on coming from usc BS.... You mean to tell me if Andrew luck played at USC he would suck too as a pro?the whole OH NO HE IS A USC QB they suck in pros hopla is overblown and well just dumb

Did Andrew Luck play for USC? NO!! So that metaphor goes out the window.. You could have said would if Tom Brady played for USC then... Fact is USC quarterbacks suck 99.9% of the time in the league.. Palmer too... Didn't Adrian Peterson comeback from an injury? Didn't Tom Brady comeback from and injury?? Didn't Peyton Manning comeback from injury???? #Check

Did Andrew Luck play for USC? NO!! So that metaphor goes out the window.. You could have said would if Tom Brady played for USC then... Fact is USC quarterbacks suck 99.9% of the time in the league.. Palmer too... Didn't Adrian Peterson comeback from an injury? Didn't Tom Brady comeback from and injury?? Didn't Peyton Manning comeback from injury???? #Check

....um...ummmm......ummmmmmm what? :doh: ..i did not say andrew luck played at USC....i said ""what if andrew luck played at USC""...last time I checked TOM BRADY was drafted from Michigan.......as for those players you mentioned that cameback from injury...they were already ""elite"" at the time of their injury....Carson palmer was injured early in his career where he was coming into his own well on his way on being a very good maybe even elite Qb

There's always someone in the crowd looking to say something negative. I guess it goes wit the territory. Someone's always looking to put the attention on themselves.

Rob Johnson, for one, never had the pedigree that Barkley has had. Take the time to research Barkley's career from HS 'til now. You will be impressed.

The fact the Barkley played for USC has nothing to do with his future success as a pro. He grew up in California and was the no. 1 prospect in the country coming out of HS so it only stands to reason that he would be highly recruited by a top notch college football program like USC and then ultimately play for them.

I'm telling you, Barkley is the phashizzal!! He's all that and a bag of chips!!

The stars may have finally aligned for the Bills believe it or not.

If Barkley hadn't been injured last year (and the fact is that he's still not fully healed) he would not be flying under the radar like he is right now with so many people confused as to whether G. Smith or T. Wilson of EJ Manuel might be better prospects. He'd be taking center stage as the top QB prospect in this draft. But as it is, he's not. He's flying under the radar because he didn't play a full season last year and teams are questioning his arm strength because he hasn't fully recovered from his injury.

All of that is very good news for the Bills because if Barkley was completely healthy and other NFL teams did have the opportunity to puruse him over time there is no way that the Bills would have a shot at him at #8 overall.

Guess we should draft Denard Robinson in the 6th round...cuz you know Tom brady played at michigan........heck while were at it lets draft the starting qb from perdue cuz like drew brees played there..It doesnt matter if Matt Barkley played for USC the kid was iconic in HS number #1rated Qb in the nation.....hes from cal so it made to much sense that he would accept USC scholarship and remain in Cal while playing for a top notch program..also coming into the 2012 season Matt Barkley was considered the Consensus #1 pick overall...USC pathetic offensiveline and godawful defense which made them lose dropped barkleys stock for some reason.."(its always the Qbs fault when things dont go right for some reason) but anyways its unreal that barkley is even dropping out of the top 5..

Edited by Hotpockets28

To be honest, when I was living in LA 2 years ago, I saw a lot of Barkley and was able to attend a few of his USC games. Including the USC/Stanford shoot out. I really liked what I saw. He aired the ball out a lot, had good instinct and I think if he would have come out last year might have been right behind RG3 or close to him in terms of draft position. The guy is a 4 years starter.

But, I have no idea how he would do with the weather in Buffalo. Barkley was born and raised in California. I think he'll need to go to a warm weather or dome team to have success in the NFL.

The saviors gonna have to be Tyler Wilson or Ej Manuel/Glennon if the "rumors" are true.

Arizona at 7 has said Barkley's not getting past them. Geno goes top 6 then Wilson/Glennon/Manuel are the options it seems.

Link?

This "rumor" has been thrown around a lot here lately. Who said it? Arians? Steve Keim? Bill Bidwell?

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks