Matt Barkley - QB - USC

RogerNapalm

For those who want us to pick Matt Barkley with our #8 pick.

Have we learned nothing? I implore you, please divert your thinking by simply using history as a lesson.

Mark Sanchez - Suuuuuuucks

Matt Leinhart - Laugh out loud

Carson Palmer - Had a minute or two of success

Rob Johnson - This should be enough right here

John David Booty - Who?

Todd Marinovich - Yep

Rodney Peete - Was a wonderful back up for many years

Barkley is doomed and frankly hasn't shown much beyond what any of these other chumps have ever shown.

Does any more need to be said?

Can anyone name a successful QB from USC? Ever?

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have we learned nothing? I implore you, please digress by simply using history as a lesson.

John David Booty - Who?

Todd Marinovich - Yep

Barkley is doomed and frankly hasn't shown much beyond what any of these other chumps have ever shown.

I would like nothing more than go wildly off topic using history as my guide. But before I do I really must know, what do you think those words mean?

The fact that you've heard of that many QBs from USC serves as a counterpoint. Find me a school that has put more QBs in the NFL in the past 15 years.

History means next to nothing in the case of Matt Barkley. Different coach, different system and different development over the past 2 years.

I would like nothing more than go wildly off topic using history as my guide. But before I do I really must know, what do you think those words mean?

I beg you to divert from your line of thinking by looking at USC's history of QB/NFL success. Is that what you understood them to mean?

The fact that you've heard of that many QBs from USC serves as a counterpoint. Find me a school that has put more QBs in the NFL in the past 15 years.

History means next to nothing in the case of Matt Barkley. Different coach, different system and different development over the past 2 years.

15 years of garbage.

I think in the right system he could be very successful.

I have a tough time seeing him being successful, but stranger things have happened.

I knew the op was going to be exactly what it was so I came fully prepared to post these exact thoughts.

As for Barkley, he started as a true freshman which none of the other guys did. He has more experience than all of the other guys you mentioned. I think that is very important as well as that whole except for the school name nothing else ties any of those guys to each other thing.

Have we learned nothing? I implore you, please digress by simply using history as a lesson.

John David Booty - Who?

Todd Marinovich - Yep

Dude, you hit the nail on the head! Luckily, we're not going to draft him, so the point is moot ;)

I knew the op was going to be exactly what it was so I came fully prepared to post these exact thoughts.

As for Barkley, he started as a true freshman which none of the other guys did. He has more experience than all of the other guys you mentioned. I think that is very important as well as that whole except for the school name nothing else ties any of those guys to each other thing.

i get the USC bias, and i dont love barkley personally - but ill give him some credit for not jumping ship on the sanctions too.

John David Booty - Who?

Todd Marinovich - Yep

Carson was well on his way to being an elite QB. Unfortunately, one blown out knee later, and he became a shell of his former self. He's never been the same since that Steelers game.

Not only that but Musberger says his girlfriend is hot!!!

Wrong QB. That's AJ McCarron's girl. Who is hot.

Not to say Barkley doesn't have a smoking piece of ace of his arm either.

i get the USC bias, and i dont love barkley personally - but ill give him some credit for not jumping ship on the sanctions too.

I get the bias too I just don't agree with it at all. I could see if it was the same coach, I could see if all of the others were 4 year starters. This thought process has bothered me since people railed against orakpo bc he was from Texas and "Texas players are all lazy" bc mike Williams was.

I give him a lot of credit for sticking through the sanction years as well and think the whole it's USC there talent is better than anyone else doesn't apply to him bc of this. The line at USC was horrendous this year.

I personally think he will end up being the best of this years class but I don't know how good he will ultimately be. Last year I think he outplayed Andrew luck throughout the season. Time will tell.

I have never understood this logic. Player X should be discounted because he went to school Y. I can't think of a position with more misses than QB. OK, you're right. The list is lackluster. But to discount MB because he went to USC seems short sighted. Tell me he has poor pocket presence, a weak arm, runs at glacial speed, is myopic, whatever, and I'm listening.

What schools HAVE produced HOF QBs on a consistent basis?

I get the bias too I just don't agree with it at all. I could see if it was the same coach, I could see if all of the others were 4 year starters. This thought process has bothered me since people railed against orakpo bc he was from Texas and "Texas players are all lazy" bc mike Williams was.

I give him a lot of credit for sticking through the sanction years as well and think the whole it's USC there talent is better than anyone else doesn't apply to him bc of this. The line at USC was horrendous this year.

I personally think he will end up being the best of this years class but I don't know how good he will ultimately be. Last year I think he outplayed Andrew luck throughout the season. Time will tell.

there are some things that certain regions tend to produce, and that certain teams boosters promises may attract.... usc for instance selling hollywood probably gets particular character traits more heavily.... their boosters, even with a different staff probably help funnel similar guys, and handle them with some consistency even with different coaches.

that said, every player is an individual.