Matt Barkley - QB - USC

RogerNapalm

There's lots of good stuff out there.

You can get the "red alert" siren from the original Star Trek series. Also pretty much every Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune sound effect is available. I keep these on my computer for our fantasy football draft. They're always good for a couple of cheap laughs.

USC quarterbacks?

I'd take em on a case-by-case basis. They have sent a lot of QBs to the NFL, that's for sure.

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats awesome.....im downloading that for my fantasy draft...........can't wait to hit the buzzer on the first questionable pick....

Yeah, in one of our leagues we do our draft live with a draft board and the whole production. The Jeopardy "Final Jeopardy" music is a fun one when someone's taking too long to make up their minds.

Here's "The Price is Wrong" http://instantrimshot.com/index.php?sound=priceiswrong

Here's the site with all the game show sound effects: http://soundfxnow.com/tag/game/

I don't hate Barkely. Quite the contrary actually. If he comes into this league and finds success, I will be surprised. Sure he has all the tools, but he's got a lot to prove if he wants to be the exception to the rule. That school has a stigma.

For those who want us to pick Matt Barkley with our #8 pick.

Have we learned nothing? I implore you, please divert your thinking by simply using history as a lesson.

Mark Sanchez - Suuuuuuucks

Matt Leinhart - Laugh out loud

Carson Palmer - Had a minute or two of success

Rob Johnson - This should be enough right here

John David Booty - Who?

Todd Marinovich - Yep

Rodney Peete - Was a wonderful back up for many years

Barkley is doomed and frankly hasn't shown much beyond what any of these other chumps have ever shown.

Does any more need to be said?

Can anyone name a successful QB from USC? Ever?

Can anyone name a single school over the last 10-15 years that has had more than 1 good NFL QB come out of it?

Brady - Michigan

Brees - Purdue

Rodgers - Cal

Manning - Tennessee

Lil Manning - Ole Miss

Ryan - B.C.

Flacco - Delaware

Vick - V. Tech

McNabb - Syracuse

Palmer - USC

Favre - Southern Miss

Luck - Stanford

RGIII - Baylor

Big Ben - Miami U

Stafford - Georgia

Newton - Auburn

Romo - Eastern Illinois

Freeman - Kansas State

Bradford - Oklahoma

Wilson - Wisconsin

So, exactly what school are we supposed to draft a QB from? With your logic is must be N.C. State and Glennon because Rivers and Russel Wilson played there. He must be the only one that is going to have success.

I love when ppl bring up foolish topics like this... Just like when announcers talk about a team history vs another like 10 years back... what difference does it make??? different players, different coaches, and the league CHANGES with the times.. The style of QB's in this league have changed... Barkley would actually be the BEST fit for Marrone system which will probably have a lot of "west coast" offense along with a lot of hurry up style of attack. Barkley doesnt have the biggest arm of the QB's coming out but coming into the year he was considered the consensus #1 QB in nation. He struggled a bit this yr but was not only him. That D couldnt stop anyone. No running game and OL was far from good.

All of the QB;s out there, they ALL have question marks but Barkley is the best of the bunch. I just pray we dont end up with Nassib....

Can anyone name a single school over the last 10-15 years that has had more than 1 good NFL QB come out of it?

Brady - Michigan

Brees - Purdue

Rodgers - Cal

Manning - Tennessee

Lil Manning - Ole Miss

Ryan - B.C.

Flacco - Delaware

Vick - V. Tech

McNabb - Syracuse

Palmer - USC

Favre - Southern Miss

Luck - Stanford

RGIII - Baylor

Big Ben - Miami U

Stafford - Georgia

Newton - Auburn

Romo - Eastern Illinois

Freeman - Kansas State

Bradford - Oklahoma

Wilson - Wisconsin

So, exactly what school are we supposed to draft a QB from? With your logic is must be N.C. State and Glennon because Rivers and Russel Wilson played there. He must be the only one that is going to have success.

Very good point. Perhaps we should take a QB from Cornell (I will pick on my own alma mater) because Cornell did not produce any QBs that failed in the NFL.

As an aside, USC typically is one of those schools that has the pick of any of the top high school QBs in recruiting. It should not be a surprise to anyone that their guys get drafted and at least have a chance of making it in the NFL.

Edited by Peter

Very good point. Perhaps we should take a QB from Cornell (I will pick on my own alma mater) because Cornell did not produce any QBs that failed in the NFL.

As an aside, USC typically is one of those schools that has the pick of any of the top high school QBs in recruiter. It should not be a surprise to anyone that their guys get drafted and at least have a chance of making it in the NFL.

Me too!

This argument that there's something in the water at USC that keeps QBs from playing well in the NFL (I'm assuming it's water b/c it obviously has nothing to do with offensive system or coaching staff) is probably the most intellectually lazy arguments to pick up traction around here. It makes about as much sense as dismissing a prospect named Mike Williams b/c past players named Mike Williams weren't motivated. I swear I could get more thoughtful analysis out of a 4th grader.

As an aside, USC typically is one of those schools that has the pick of any of the top high school QBs in recruiting. It should not be a surprise to anyone that their guys get drafted and at least have a chance of making it in the NFL.

Big Red QBs??? :unsure:

I believe Cornell is known as "Placekicker U"