Marrone's Text to players

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not trying to be a jerk, but the original post on this thread is copying and pasting the Buffalo News' entire blog post -- that is not OK. It is not legal. Providing a link at the end does not make it OK, as there the News' work has been taken and there is no reason for readers here to click that link.

I am not Sully. There are people on here who know me. In fact, Sully happens to be my least favorite writer covering the Bills. But I work in the media (not in sports, Buffalo or even New York State), and I know that stealing others' work, which is what occurred at the start of this thread, is wrong.

Buffalo Bills head coach Doug Marrone texted an introductory note to his new players today.

A few of them passed it along to the Press Coverage blog to share with readers.

My first day on the job at One Bills Drive was certainly exciting and proved to be a very busy one as well. I apologize for not getting this out to you sooner. In the early part of this week I will be fully engaged in putting together our coaching staff, but I want to let you know that I am planning to be in the office later this week. So please stop by and say hello if you have the opportunity. If not, I look forward to hearing from you down the road when we have the staff in place.

I'm looking forward to gaining your trust and working hard to achieve our goals.

Coach Marrone

That's great....! Now go and do what you set out to do and prove that the Bills can win again. I've been through too much of this honeymoon phase in the past.

GO BILLS!

Buffalo Bills head coach Doug Marrone texted an introductory note to his new players today.

A few of them passed it along to the Press Coverage blog to share with readers.

My first day on the job at One Bills Drive was certainly exciting and proved to be a very busy one as well. I apologize for not getting this out to you sooner. In the early part of this week I will be fully engaged in putting together our coaching staff, but I want to let you know that I am planning to be in the office later this week. So please stop by and say hello if you have the opportunity. If not, I look forward to hearing from you down the road when we have the staff in place.

I'm looking forward to gaining your trust and working hard to achieve our goals.

Coach Marrone

What? We have a coach that's ALREADY APOLOGIZIN' .... after one sentence?! Oh boy, are we in for it!

[sarcasm off]

I am not Sully. There are people on here who know me. In fact, Sully happens to be my least favorite writer covering the Bills. But I work in the media (not in sports, Buffalo or even New York State), and I know that stealing others' work, which is what occurred at the start of this thread, is wrong.

Actually as a legal matter, the reprinting of a text by Marrone likely is a "fair use" under copyright law as it is simply repeating a fact... Marrone's tweet. Nothing was taken that was original material from the News, such as analysis of the text. We could debate this in court of course, but it is not "plainly stealing" or "plainly illegal."

Actually as a legal matter, the reprinting of a text by Marrone likely is a "fair use" under copyright law as it is simply repeating a fact... Marrone's tweet. Nothing was taken that was original material from the News, such as analysis of the text. We could debate this in court of course, but it is not "plainly stealing" or "plainly illegal."

The fact that the text in question was obtained and published exclusively by the Buffalo News defeats your fair use claim.

I know it's impractical to call each guy, but it just seems so impersonal to send a mass text. I like Marrone and I know this is the way people communicate now, so I'm not judging. But it just seems... young?.. to me.

I hear you, but considering OTAs won't be happening for a while and he probably wanted to "greet" everyone as soon as humanly possible, this might have been the best way to do it.

Besides, this just shows he's hip with the texting, yo...

Give it a rest, gestapo.

+1

Theres a link on the post and proper citation. The OP probably shouldnt have copied the entire blog post in the thread, but its not like this is some huge infringement on the bloggers rights here. Take it easy.