Marrone's Text to players

Buffalo Bills head coach Doug Marrone texted an introductory note to his new players today.

A few of them passed it along to the Press Coverage blog to share with readers.

My first day on the job at One Bills Drive was certainly exciting and proved to be a very busy one as well. I apologize for not getting this out to you sooner. In the early part of this week I will be fully engaged in putting together our coaching staff, but I want to let you know that I am planning to be in the office later this week. So please stop by and say hello if you have the opportunity. If not, I look forward to hearing from you down the road when we have the staff in place.

I'm looking forward to gaining your trust and working hard to achieve our goals.

Coach Marrone

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

written like an essay LOL he should hav written it like a real txt, smh

like this?

My 1st dA on d job @ 1 Bills driV wz certainly XcitN & proved 2 b a v BY 1 az weL. I apologize 4 not getin DIS out 2 U soonR. n d earlE pRt of DIS wk I wiL b fully engaged n putting 2geder our coaching staff, bt I wnt 2 lt U knO dat I M plnin 2 b n d OPIS l8r DIS wk. So pls stop by & sA LO f U hav d opRtunET. f not, I L%k 4ward 2 hearing frm U dwn d rd. wen we hav d staff n plAc.

I'm l%kin 4ward 2 gaining yor trust & working hard 2 achieve our goals.

like this?

And Stevie Johnson reads that and says to himself "Oh, THAT'S what he meant..."

And Ralph Wilson reads that and fondly recalls his youth, when they wrote telegrams like that to save on the per-letter expense.