Bills hire Mike Pettine of the Jets as DC???

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Three rookie LBs and a second year man who looked like a fish out of water most of the time in his rookie year.

You are an optimist.

GO BILLS!!!

You know it :D

Need QB in round 2 at minimum

Maybe all depends on what QB we bring in this offseason.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

You know it :D

Maybe all depends on what QB we bring in this offseason.

No. No qb available in FA fixes our need. If there's anyone decently talented we need to pull the trigger

Edited by NoSaint

On the same day that the Bills formally introduced Doug Marrone as their new head coach, the News confirmed that the Jets’ division rivals requested permission to speak to Mike Pettine for their defensive coordinator job. The Jets granted permission.

Pettine turned down a contract extension offer from the Jets earlier in the season and is under contract only through the end of the January.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2013/01/jets-part-ways-with-quarterbacks-coach-matt-cavanuagh

It would be a coup for the Bills to get the Jets’ defensive play caller, whose unit finished in the Top 5 in total defense from 2009-2011 before ranking eighth this season.

No. No qb available in FA fixes our need. If there's anyone decently talented we need to pull the trigger

why pull the trigger on trent edwards and JP Losmans?

Bray is the only QB with elite talent but he is not ready and may never be.

If we don't get Flacco we will have to draft somebody but expect them to be the answer at QB, Tyler Wilson and Landry Jones might but who knows.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

why pull the trigger on trent edwards and JP Losmans?

Bray is the only QB with elite talent but he is not ready and may never be.

If we don't get Flacco we will have to draft somebody but expect them to be the answer at QB, Tyler Wilson and Landry Jones might but who knows.

Flacco is not leaving Baltimore. If the Bills cannot get a franchise QB in FA or Draft, why do you think the Ravens will let him go and look for one in a non-existent vacuum.

Guys, quit getting hung up on the 3-4 vs. 4-3 nonsense...Marrone said he's going to fit the coaching to the personnel. I'm sure a significant part of the interview process with any DC candidate will be to look at the Bills roster, account for some additions/subtractions via free agency and the draft, and "tell me what you're going to do with this." The DC that has the best answer and is adaptable is going to get the job. Maybe that's Pettine.

I'll reiterate this for you. I really hate it when we get caught up on what scheme a DC has been running through his career. If he's a good coach, he'll fit the scheme to the personnel they have.

I'd really hope that Marrone wants to interview Pettine because he's a good coach, not just because he's the disgruntled Jets' DC.

I really like this move. Marrone would get a working view of the Jets operation and a quality DC who has learned from one of the best defensive minds in the league.

My only question would be, all this guy has ever coached is the 3-4, would we be switching again? It killed this franchise and set it back a few years last time they did.