Bills hire Doug Marrone to be Head Coach

sven233

6' 5" 270 Lbs

I figured he had to be at least 6'4 for his players (specifically Cuse O-linemen) to be calling him an imposing figure, not to mention his brief NFL experience.

So our new coach is basically Lee Smith sized.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting wording in the text.

Doug Marrone has been selected as the new head coach

Not signed, or even Doug Marrone is the new head coach, but selected.

Maybe he hasn't signed on the dotted line yet so they have to word it that way. Or maybe I'm over analyzing :)

I wanted someone from the college ranks instead of a NFL retread and I do not know enough about individual college coaches to prefer one over another, so I'm happy.

Now sign good OC/DC while other teams are still floundering over getting a HC!

I see a young version of Parcells standing here.. his size, voice, confidence, etc.. i can picture him in 25 years with some Super Bowl titles on his resume. I'm pumped! Cleveland really blew it by not grabbing him.

howard@hsimon62

"right from the beginning, this is where I wanted to be" Marrone reportedly also interviewed with Cle, SD,Phil

Buffalo Bills@buffalobills

Doug Marrone: "I will not be calling plays, but everything will go through me" Plans to be on headset with O/D/Specs coaches

Sal Maiorana@salmaiorana

My stance on players at every position, we will play the best players who give us the best chance to win. Can't say it any clearer

So far, everything Im reading about the man, the referrals and "reviews" hes gotten from his peers, plus what he's saying so far in this presser, is VERY impressive.

We may have a good one here.

I hope so....we deserve it.

I'm a little discouraged to hear that it sounds like they have no idea who the DC and other coaches will be. Isn't that something they should have been working on in the back channels for a couple of days now? It sounds like they just said let's sign this HC and figure the rest out later. Picking the right DC is going to be HUGE in this process

I'm a little discouraged to hear that it sounds like they have no idea who the DC and other coaches will be. Isn't that something they should have been working on in the back channels for a couple of days now? It sounds like they just said let's sign this HC and figure the rest out later. Picking the right DC is going to be HUGE in this process

They selected him Sat night late.

They did the contract all day yesterday

Its noon Monday and they spent the AM setting up the presser.

When were they supposed to work on coordinators?

Edited by RkFast

Well either Brandon knows exactly what we wanted to hear after Chan.....or this guy really is exactly what we wanted after Chan.

- Will be involved in all phases of the game

- Its about the personnel, not the scheme

- Hard work, blue collar, blah blah blah

- Play the players that give you the best chance to win

- Wants coordinators with NFL experience

- Will NOT be calling plays

They selected him Sat night late.

They did the contract all day yesterday

Its noon Monday and they spent the AM setting up the presser.

When were they supposed to work on coordinators?

The tastefully named Gregg Williams had lists...

There is also the chance that he knows who his coordinators are going to be, or is negotiating with them right now, and doesn't feel the need to involve us in the selection process. Which is as it should be.

I figured he had to be at least 6'4 for his players (specifically Cuse O-linemen) to be calling him an imposing figure, not to mention his brief NFL experience.

So our new coach is basically Lee Smith sized.

He played for a couple years and coached for 8 years in the NFL. Hardly "brief."