Andy Dalton = Fitz junior

Big Turk

I keep hearing how Dalton's a good young QB, but to me he just looks like a younger version of Fitz. They had nearly identical stats this year and that dreadful performance today against Houston looked mighty Fitz like...

Dalton is just a younger Fitzpatrick...I am glad the Bills didn't draft him...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I keep hearing how Dalton's a good young QB, but to me he just looks like a younger version of Fitz. They had nearly identical stats this year and that dreadful performance today against Houston looked mighty Fitz like...

Don't let alphadawg hear you say that. He gave me a ton of sh*t for saying the same thing about a month ago.

All these guys, you need to give them at least three years for good or bad before you really say, this guy gets' it or not. There's a long line of players who had promising rookie years, but then tailed off. I'm not completely sold on Russell Wilson either for same reasons. Lets see how he looks in a couple of years. The thing that will likely hurt Wilson is there are now too many of these read option type QB's around so defenses will spend the time and effort to figure out how to stop it. If he were the only one and say you're NE who only see's him once every four years, how much effort are are you going toput into figuring him out. But now you have Wilson , RG3, Newton,, and even Tannerhill to a lesser degree.

Also have A.C. Green didn't hurt him much either. Maybe he just had a bad day today, but lets see how he looks in a couple of years first.

I think that's a big reason why Buddy didn't select someone like him, or Wilson this year. They were all viewed as marginally better than Fitz at best. Granted the way this season went for Fitz, it probably turned out to be more than marginal, but none of these guys were viewed as true franchise QB's either by BN.

Only stat that matters: Dalton 10-6 Fitzpatrick 6-10

Yeah good call. There's not 52 other players on a roster or anything...

If Dalton didn't have Greene he'd be so much worse. Not trying to stick up for Fitz, but he never had anyone who could bail him out on jump balls like Dalton has.

2nd year in the league, I will wait to compare. One thing for certain is Dalton doesnt have a noodle arm.

Yeah that overthrow of a wide open Green with 3 minutes left in the game that would have been a TD looked amazingly like Fitz...

Noodle arm or not his deep balls leave a lot to be desired...

The OP was comparing Dalton to Fitzpatrick.

Because if you look at there stats this year they were basically the same player...Spiller and Green-Ellis? Not much of a comparison there...

And Andy Dalton - 2 seasons - 2 playoff appearances (0-2).

Fitz Patrick - Almost 3 full season of QB play - playoff appearances (ZERO).

The Texans Defense was pretty stifling today. Wade Phillips called an awesome game today.