Andy Dalton = Fitz junior

Big Turk

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that overthrow of a wide open Green with 3 minutes left in the game that would have been a TD looked amazingly like Fitz...

Noodle arm or not his deep balls leave a lot to be desired...

Because if you look at there stats this year they were basically the same player...Spiller and Green-Ellis? Not much of a comparison there...

Ok but thats not a fair comparison considering Dalton is only in his second year. Check out Fitzpatricks stats his first 2 years as a starter and make the comparison. It took Fitz seven years to get his QBR above 80.

He also cant throw the deep ball. Its more about touch. All these guys can throw it 50 yards, hell I could when I was 16

This. Every one of Dalton's deep throws was bad except one (and even Green's 45 yard catch was not a great throw; if Dalton hits him in stride that's a TD).

He flat out missed Green for a potential GW TD with 4 minutes left. He can't hide from that one.

And for some reason you used team records to compare them. I was simply pointing out how foolish that is.

How is that foolish? Some guys are winners and some are losers. Check out Doug Flutie and Rob Johnsons stats when they were here. Same team , similar stats. The only thing that seperated them was wins and losses.

I keep hearing how Dalton's a good young QB, but to me he just looks like a younger version of Fitz. They had nearly identical stats this year and that dreadful performance today against Houston looked mighty Fitz like...

Dalton is just a younger Fitzpatrick...I am glad the Bills didn't draft him...

Ya the only difference between the 2 is DALTON TOOK HIS TEAM TO THE PLAY OFFS IN HIS FIRST 2 YEARS !! WHERE'S FITZ AT ???

Ok but thats not a fair comparison considering Dalton is only in his second year. Check out Fitzpatricks stats his first 2 years as a starter and make the comparison. It took Fitz seven years to get his QBR above 80.

Great point. As Bill Walsh used to say it takes about 4 years for a QB to fully develop.

Bills fans giving the kid grief because he has gone to the playoffs each year in his first two years, and didn't win in the playoffs yet. Wouldn't it just be great to see a Buffalo Bills team with a winning record after starting a rookie QB.

I can only imagine what the Bills injury list would look like playing against the Ravens & Steelers 2x a year

Ya the only difference between the 2 is DALTON TOOK HIS TEAM TO THE PLAY OFFS IN HIS FIRST 2 YEARS !! WHERE'S FITZ AT ???

Playing on a team with one of the worst NFL defenses ever. Cincinnati is the 85 Bears by comparison.

Dalton is horrible and he is not going to get better.

Way too much is made of "developing" even with a complex position like QB in the NFL.

You have it or you don't, and it usually doesn't take super long to figure out which camp you are in. That's my theory at least.

Look at RGIII and even Luck. Are people debating how good they are or how long it will take for them to "develop"?

The reality is very few guys have what it takes to be a very good QB in the NFL.

Right now, there are about 5 of them. None coming in this draft either.

Edited by Stopthepain

Playing on a team with one of the worst NFL defenses ever. Cincinnati is the 85 Bears by comparison.

Mentioning 85' bears in same sentence as Bengals is absurd. Bengals got no pressure at all on schaub today. And other than halls pick they really did nothing special and folded at crunch time. Offensively Dalton has no consistent run game to rely on. Add to that he stepped into a franchise with a losing attitude and he's done one heck of a job helping to turn them around.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

How is that foolish? Some guys are winners and some are losers. Check out Doug Flutie and Rob Johnsons stats when they were here. Same team , similar stats. The only thing that seperated them was wins and losses.

So Green Ellis is a winner and Spiller is a loser?

It's a team sport, no?

Edited by Thurmal34