Andy Dalton = Fitz junior

Big Turk

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Mentioning 85' bears in same sentence as Bengals is absurd.

Um, it was a comparison between the Bills D and the Bengals D. Would it make your feel better if I just said, Cincy's D is way, way, way, better than the Bills D. That's all my point was, I thought it was a concise, articulate method of making that point but I guess laymens terms are needed around here.

Um, it was a comparison between the Bills D and the Bengals D. Would it make your feel better if I just said, Cincy's D is way, way, way, better than the Bills D. That's all my point was, I thought it was a concise, articulate method of making that point but I guess laymens terms are needed around here.

It wasnt. Theres a much greater distance between the 85' bears and bills, versus 12' Bengals and bills.

Your right. I guess the Patriots would still be dominate without Brady.

They played pretty well still with Cassel, I think both of you guys have points. QB play is pretty important, but there are other factors involved such as defense, coaching, special teams, etc. However, if your QB sucks you have no chance (see Curtis Painter in Indy last year).

I keep hearing how Dalton's a good young QB, but to me he just looks like a younger version of Fitz. They had nearly identical stats this year and that dreadful performance today against Houston looked mighty Fitz like...

Dalton is just a younger Fitzpatrick...I am glad the Bills didn't draft him...

In full disclosure, I havent read the thread yet. But Ive been saying this since before the 2011 draft. Dalton is, at best, Fitz v2.0.

I understand people criticizing the FO for not finding a QB yet, but to suggest we should have picked Dalton is a waste of a pick. Even more so than an underperforming A. Williams as we would be tied to this QB for the next 3-4 years still.

You guys do realize that AJ Green had the most 40+ yard completions in the entire NFL last year right? Most of these being accurate bombs thrown from Dalton with Green outrunning the DB/Safety. Many of these came on the first few plays of the game. Fitzpatrick had 7 total on the season for 40+ yards, most of them being CJ screen passes that CJ made happen not Fitz. Also Dalton had 12 passes for 40+ yards which was 3rd in the NFL for QBs only behind Josh Freeman and Drew Brees. Dalton is in a completely different tier then Fitz. Not to mention going to the playofs the last 2 years, turning the franchise completely around, something we have not seen in 13 years.

Everyone here is basing everything on this game, which is truly sad. Please look at the statistics, they prove otherwise.

Edited by Awwufelloff

You guys do realize that AJ Green had the most 40+ yard completions in the entire NFL last year right? Most of these being accurate bombs thrown from Dalton with Green outrunning the DB/Safety. Many of these came on the first few plays of the game. Fitzpatrick had 7 total on the season for 40+ yards, most of them being CJ screen passes that CJ made happen not Fitz. Also Dalton had 12 passes for 40+ yards which was 3rd in the NFL for QBs only behind Josh Freeman and Drew Brees. Dalton is in a completely different tier then Fitz. Not to mention going to the playofs the last 2 years, turning the franchise completely around, something we have not seen in 13 years.

Everyone here is basing everything on this game, which is truly sad. Please look at the statistics, they prove otherwise.

"Accurate" bombs is subjective when you are just "puting them up" to AJ Green. Dalton isnt throwing strikes which are hitting WRs in stride. It's more a matter of "When all else fails, throw it towards AJ Green's side of the field".

Stats dont show anything. Anyone with half a brain can make any stat prove whatever point they want. Especially when a single, top WR is making up most of his stats for him, as you point out.

It's not just from this game. It's from college, and every pro game. He's Fitz 2.0. That's it.

Edited by DrDareustein

"Accurate" bombs is subjective when you are just "puting them up" to AJ Green. Dalton isnt throwing strikes which are hitting WRs in stride. It's more a matter of "When all else fails, throw it towards AJ Green's side of the field".

Stats dont show anything. Anyone with half a brain can make any stat prove whatever point they want. Especially when a single, top WR is making up most of his stats for him, as you point out.

It's not just from this game. It's from college, and every pro game. He's Fitz 2.0. That's it.

I had AJ Green on my Fantasy team and watched nearly half of the games. Dalton throws accurate bombs to Green, put Green on this team and see how many accurate bombs Fitzs throws to Green. I've seen Fitz throw one pass over 20 yards all of last year in the air. ^_^

To each there own, but I know what I've seen from watching the Bengals play this and last year. A team that was nothing suddenly becomes a playoff team the last 2 years thanks to Green and Dalton combo.

I had AJ Green on my Fantasy team and watched nearly half of the games. Dalton throws accurate bombs to Green, put Green on this team and see how many accurate bombs Fitzs throws to Green. I've seen Fitz throw one pass over 20 yards all of last year in the air. ^_^

To each there own, but I know what I've seen from watching the Bengals play this and last year. A team that was nothing suddenly becomes a playoff team the last 2 years thanks to Green and Dalton combo.

And the #6 Defense in the NFL.

The Dalton/Green combo has worked well for Cinci, I'm not denying that. But most of that has to do with Green.

And the bulk of the Bengals's success hinges on their top rated Defense. Not their QB that is rated slightly higher than Fitz. He has exactly as many INTs as Fitz.

The Bengals are in the playoffs thanks to their Defense, and a young QB who manages the Offense and sometimes makes mistakes.

Edited by DrDareustein

How is that foolish? Some guys are winners and some are losers. Check out Doug Flutie and Rob Johnsons stats when they were here. Same team , similar stats. The only thing that seperated them was wins and losses.

And some guys fart lilac.

PTR

The 12 Bengals weren't

I feel like I'm pounding my dick with a hammer here, but who made that assertion? We're they not significantly better than the Bills? That's my only point but you continue to harp on minutiae.

This. Every one of Dalton's deep throws was bad except one (and even Green's 45 yard catch was not a great throw; if Dalton hits him in stride that's a TD).

He flat out missed Green for a potential GW TD with 4 minutes left. He can't hide from that one.

Frankly the one he hit might've been the most offensively poor. The center of the field was wide open. He didnt have to hit him in stride just throw it anywhere inside the hashes,essentially, and green can run under it with ease. Instead he threw it outside shoulder into coverage. Green recognized the coverage and worked towards the middle. That throw had the largest window of the night and he missed it by a good 15 yards still.

Edited by NoSaint

Dalton at this point in his career lacks January accuracy. If you are a fan of being good enough to one and done the playoffs then maybe Dalton is a QB you wish the Bills had. At this point in Fitz's career he lacks August accuracy. If you are a fan of being good enough to not make the playoffs then maybe you hope Fitz stays. Aaron Rodgers at this point in his career has February accuracy. If you are a fan of being good enough to win a Super Bowl then maybe Rodgers is a QB you wish the Bills had. Unless the Bills can get a supremely accurate QB with at least half a brain, they will have lost the Super Bowl before they began, so on and so forth. Next year will be a make or break year for Dalton. If he continues to lack accuracy late in the season it could be curtains for him. In football, if you're not first, you're better off being last. That in between s*** is means squat.