dave mcbride

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, we never sign our free agents.

PTR

Sometimes we do, and sometimes we don't. He's a very good and durable player, and there are better, richer organizations who desperately need offensive line help. I suspect that he may well entertain a bidding war, and some good teams will be among the bidders. Not sure why you're so snarky about this, btw. It's a reasonable supposition that he'll be very hard to retain.

Not sure. WGR reported that when asked how much he'd like to be back in Buffalo on a scale of 1-10, he said "10". That's not a guy chasing top dollar as his sole priority.

Did you hear that on-air? He seems like a stand up guy, and I would hope that if the Bills gave him a competitve offer he'd accept it. After last season's excellent string of re-signings, it'd be a shame to lose Levitre.

As always, a pending free agent suggesting they'll see what offers they can recieve on the open market is a bargaining tool--- I think Stevie said the same thing last year.

Levitre is top priority. They should re-sign Byrd too but a pro bowl caliber (he hasn't made it but should) offensive linemen is much more valuable than a free safety. Keep continuity on the offensive line. Franchise tag Levitre as many years as it takes if he doesn't sign long term, a la the Patriots.

He said he likes Buddy Nix and that he thinks this team is heading in the right direction and that his interest in staying with Bufflo on a scale of 1-10 is a 10.

Sounds like Sully is just trying to put the worst spin on it.

When the Front Officev shakes out I hope that he'll get a decent offer.

Sometimes we do, and sometimes we don't. He's a very good and durable player, and there are better, richer organizations who desperately need offensive line help. I suspect that he may well entertain a bidding war, and some good teams will be among the bidders. Not sure why you're so snarky about this, btw. It's a reasonable supposition that he'll be very hard to retain.

Hence, the tag.