NFL Black Monday for coaches and GMs

26CornerBlitz

The man chose the NFL over more time with his family. With 2 sons gone what would be the incentive NOT to keep coaching. Taking time off for him with tragedy as the excuse would be inconsistent with his history.

The fact that Reid even WANTS to continue his career at this point, after his mess of a personal life, is a bit psychotic in itself, IMO.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've fully accepted that we will never be a good football team again, at least under this ownership, and maybe even while in Buffalo. :)

as long as were all on the same page.

honestly, the biggest difference between the two defenses is the LBs are better in chicago.

otherwise its simply another 43 scheme predicated on front 4 pressure. i was just noting how amusing it would be to watch the board alternate between celebrating a new coach, and breaking down over it being a cover 2 guy.

Edited by NoSaint

Andy Reid is an arrogant and bumbling coach.

His teams should have been in four Super Bowls at least.

He forced the passing game with McNabb despite a lack of star WRs and let go leaders like B. Dawkins, J. Trotter for younger, cheaper players.

In recent years, he mangled the TO, McNabb and Vick situations and has refused to run the ball with a great back in McCoy in order to stick with his pass first philosophy which got Vick killed the last two years.

No one in Philly wants the walrus and I hope he goes to San Diego, not Buffalo.

how in the world did he "mangle" the Vick situation? Please explain.

Can't agree. I say "No thanks" to any GM who uses the 3d pick in the draft on a RB and another 1st on a 29-year old QB.

Richardson's a hell of a player, you'll see that in time barring injury problems. Holmgren was the final word on drafting Colt McCoy, I suspect he was with Weeden also.

I say no to Heckert because he should have paid the price above Washington to get RGIII. Franchise QB is everything.

Hindsight. Cleveland made a really good offer, almost as good as Washington's. Pretty good, especially considering the impending change in ownership.

Both his sons went to prison for drugs, but I believe that only one of them is dead (Garrett: a heroine overdose).

That is correct. And, to make matters worse, Garrett was a strength and conditioning assistant, and after his death authorities found in his room substantial amounts of steroids, though no direct evidence that he had been distributing. It is very sad.

Andy Reid has been a very good coach for a long time, but his time in Philly needed to end. These things happen.

Coaches are human. Lets see anyone keep their mind on an extremely demanding job after your child dies.

PTR

I agree 100%. I thought he should have taken the year off just to give him time to grieve and heal.

And I hope he takes this opportunity to do that.

Richardson's a hell of a player, you'll see that in time barring injury problems. Holmgren was the final word on drafting Colt McCoy, I suspect he was with Weeden also.

Hindsight. Cleveland made a really good offer, almost as good as Washington's. Pretty good, especially considering the impending change in ownership.

I did not say Richardson is not a good player. But he is a RB--dime a dozen. As to the RG III thing: How does one evaluate a GM if not through hindsight?

heres the thing - its not about what you did last year, or the last decade - but what the GM thinks you will do NEXT YEAR or the next few. you certainly take the past into account, but right now hes a well resumed coach thats in a downward trajectory in philly. sometimes you just need a change of scenery.

I agree 100%. I thought he should have taken the year off just to give him time to grieve and heal.

And I hope he takes this opportunity to do that.

if he has any say in it, he wont.

word is hes already assembled his staff for next year if he can find a home.

heck, he didnt even take the week it happened off.