NFL Black Monday for coaches and GMs

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Let's bring back the Tampa-2. :lol:

Lovie Smith has had a top 5 defense for almost his entire tenure in Chicago with many years of being #1 overall (depending on what stat you are looking at). I don't care what he runs if he gets results.

Whats the sudden fascination with Lovie Smith?

Top defense throughout his tenure, 17 games over .500 record. Never heard a negative thing about the guy. 10-6 this year with absolutely no offensive line. Acknowledged offensive shortcoming and tried four coordinators during his tenure to fix it. Why would there be any hate?

Lovie Smith has had a top 5 defense for almost his entire tenure in Chicago with many years of being #1 overall (depending on what stat you are looking at). I don't care what he runs if he gets results.

Top defense throughout his tenure, 17 games over .500 record. Never heard a negative thing about the guy. 10-6 this year with absolutely no offensive line. Acknowledged offensive shortcoming and tried four coordinators during his tenure to fix it. Why would there be any hate?

missed on 4 offensive coordinators? could that be why?

Maybe you missed it, but when Nix was hired the Bills had been stocking players for a Tampa-2 defense. His plan was to overhaul that to a 3-4 defense and he started dumping the small, quick players for big, heavy guys to, in theory, improve what he felt was a weak run defense. Of course, that was a total failure, but it would be slightly ironic to hire a Tampa-2 guy 3 years later.

Who knows if he had final say. And it is not like they were "bad" hires. They were all respected NFL coaches (Turner, Martz, Tice). They have had no offensive line for years and just got a quarterback who has been killed and turnover prone. I don't think this is something to ride him for.

Maybe you missed it, but when Nix was hired the Bills had been stocking players for a Tampa-2 defense. His plan was to overhaul that to a 3-4 defense and he started dumping the small, quick players for big, heavy guys to, in theory, improve what he felt was a weak run defense. Of course, that was a total failure, but it would be slightly ironic to hire a Tampa-2 guy 3 years later.

True but is our personell that much different than Chicagos other than the linebackers which we need to upgrade anyways? Our line would be perfect for that scheme in my opinion.

Edited by FutureBillsGM

Well, the Bills have to deal with the 'Rooney Rule' - even if they already know they want a Jon Gruden, a Bruce Arians, or a Chip Kelly. (I suppose they could inverview current OC Curtis Modkins and be done with the issue, but that'd be a bit transparent, IMO.)

Many of here are baby boomers who watched Gilligan's Island while growing up. We like the idea of someone named Lovie. It makes us happy.

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora

Also, Chiefs formalize what I pointed out earlier - GM Scott Pioli under review. could still be let go pending coaching search

As I pointed out in another thread, the Chiefs have 5 Pro Bowlers and 2 Pro Bowl alternates this season.

Pioli has done a decent job of player acquisition but he's whiffed on coaching hires as well as on the Matt Cassel move.

As I pointed out in another thread, the Chiefs have 5 Pro Bowlers and 2 Pro Bowl alternates this season.

Pioli has done a decent job of player acquisition but he's whiffed on coaching hires as well as on the Matt Cassel move.

The guy has an eye for talent no doubt

Id rather get rid of Nix than Gailey.

I think Nix has failed immensely and if he hadn't even Gailey could have gotten us to the playoffs (Gronk, Dalton/Wilson, Watt, getting more for Lynch)

Wrong again.

Gronk, Dalton/Kaepernick, Wilson- I actually agree with you. But if the Bills drafted Watt over Dareus at 3, Buddy Nix would've been committed to the looney bin. Troup/Aaron Williams/TJ Graham were the wrong picks AT THE TIME. Dareus was the right pick