Bills QB of the Future

Rob's House

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends on the HC, but I think Fitz starts the season and who we pick at #8 or #40 starts the season on the bench, and plays later in the season.

I will be very disappointed if Gailey is here, and I will be very disappointed if we make it to our third pick without having already selected a QB, but I think we are unlikely to draft a day 1 QB, unlikely to go after a free agent better than Fitz and our pick, and unlikely to put Thigpen or Jackson ahead of Fitz to win games.

Depends on the HC, but I think Fitz starts the season and who we pick at #8 or #40 starts the season on the bench, and plays later in the season.

I will be very disappointed if Gailey is here, and I will be very disappointed if we make it to our third pick without having already selected a QB, but I think we are unlikely to draft a day 1 QB, unlikely to go after a free agent better than Fitz and our pick, and unlikely to put Thigpen or Jackson ahead of Fitz to win games.

Barf.

What if we were to trade Fitz & a pick to SF for Smith? That way if whoever we draft needs time to develop, or doesn't get it done, we've got a guy who's maybe not spectacular, but solid to play QB and let our playmakers make plays. It would be a good move for SF b/c they get a solid veteran b/u who isn't disgruntled and gain a pick in the process (I'm thinking 4th?). Anyone think they'd go for it?

Rookie, I like Landry Jones, EJ Manuel and Glennon. Ask Fitz to take a paycut and accept a demotion, run wild with Spiller and Fred. Get a good DC, we have talent to be better defensively.

I don't watch as much college football as many here, but I don't like Glennon's 57% completion and 14 picks. Jones is the guy I'm most interested in right now, but I think there are a lot of guys that are going to have a chance to be good and available at #8 or #40 for us, without any Andrew Luck we are sad to miss out on in this draft.

What if we were to trade Fitz & a pick to SF for Smith? That way if whoever we draft needs time to develop, or doesn't get it done, we've got a guy who's maybe not spectacular, but solid to play QB and let our playmakers make plays. It would be a good move for SF b/c they get a solid veteran b/u who isn't disgruntled and gain a pick in the process (I'm thinking 4th?). Anyone think they'd go for it?

That's a very expensive backup QB for the 49ers. They can try to talk Alex Smith into accepting his role, or go grab Jason Campbell or some other backup from the heap. I don't think Fitz tempts them.

First off trades hardly occur in the NFL, the only time they do is when you have a surplus of good players at that position and then it's usually for draft picks, in other words you don't need to make the trade. Second I'm not all that convinced that Smith is any better than Fitz, he just was used much better than CG did. You also then still have a high priced QB that you're hoping to only use for a year or so, then move on.

Unless after the combines some QB rockets up the charts, I'd rather see the Bills use their 1st rounder on a LB or something and keep Fitz to start the season So far all the 1st rounders sound rather suspect. I do feel with a better coach who would stick to the run, run Spiller 20 times EVERY game, and get another top WR, Fitz could be OK to start with. Also assumes he takes a big pay cut.

That's a very expensive backup QB for the 49ers. They can try to talk Alex Smith into accepting his role, or go grab Jason Campbell or some other backup from the heap. I don't think Fitz tempts them.

I thought of that, but Smith has a pretty hefty salary too (for a back up), plus they may be able to renegotiate with Fitz. I know Fitz doesn't have much street cred in Buffalo, but his numbers are pretty decent; I would think he's a step up from anyone they could take off the scrap heap, and Harbaugh may like a cerebral guy who can step in if his QB goes down. I figure it's a longshot, but could get us a proven commodity on the cheap.

So who do you want under center next year? Veteran or rookie? Who can we get and what will it cost?

Personally, I'd like to see Mike Glennon fall to us in the draft, but there's 4 other prospects I'd be happy with too.

They need to draft two QB's and sign a vet FA. Should find a legit starter out of the three.

I'm pulling for a Nassib type in round 2 being given a year to develop on the bench behind Fitzpatrick, who I would like to see us retain, given that there are no better options available to us in FA (and if there were, it's unlikely they'd want to come to a franchise intent on drafting a qb early) and it's silly to believe a team with a strong backup who's starter missed games with a concussion is likely to trade away that backup.

Nobody is trading for Fitz... He's a $10 million BACKUP... And Smith isn't the guy we need. We need a playmaker, he can't do that. He's a game-manager that needs an elite defense. The opposite of what we have.

I'm pulling for a Nassib type in round 2 being given a year to develop on the bench behind Fitzpatrick, who I would like to see us retain, given that there are no better options available to us in FA (and if there were, it's unlikely they'd want to come to a franchise intent on drafting a qb early) and it's silly to believe a team with a strong backup who's starter missed games with a concussion is likely to trade away that backup.

I see that name come up a bit. I haven't watched him as much as the others but from what I saw he seemed like a less polished version of Glennon. Do you thing Nassib is better or just available in a later round?

I see that name come up a bit. I haven't watched him as much as the others but from what I saw he seemed like a less polished version of Glennon. Do you thing Nassib is better or just available in a later round?

Glennon has a much better arm than Nassib. Nassib has to sit an entire year and just get coached up. He has NO IDEA how to control his arm speed. Has zero touch on his throws.

I don't watch as much college football as many here, but I don't like Glennon's 57% completion and 14 picks. Jones is the guy I'm most interested in right now, but I think there are a lot of guys that are going to have a chance to be good and available at #8 or #40 for us, without any Andrew Luck we are sad to miss out on in this draft.

Bad receivers..dropping balls as much as 10 in one game.A horrible o-line and fired coach hurt Glennon this year.Last year completed 66 % of passes. Landry on the other hand chokes in big games and can`t throw a deep ball on target. Glennon bigger arm and much better deep ball. He will go before Landry.

Nassib looks to be among the best of a class very weak at the top, but a ton of guys who should be taken between the end of round 1 and the end of round 3.

His pluses: Big arm, excellent pocket pressence, super quick release, mobile enough to make downfield plays with his feet but heady enough to look pass-first, has the ability to make all the throws, cold weather passer.

His minuses: has busy feet, double and triple clutches his throws, pats the ball tipping his read progression, locks onto his recievers more often than he should, struggles to make the short touch passes, general lack of polish.

I think as far as value goes, he's the best developmental prospect coming out this year. Most of his flaws are things that should be correctable with good coaching, and his upside is one of the best of this draft.

Isn't Smith's arm strength an issue?

Alex Smith is a chump. Did you really just hear about him after Harbaugh got some mileage out of him. Really, Fitz and Smith are the same. And you would trade for that loser?

Exactly correct. For people on here like me who want an elite franchise qb to take over, asking for Alex smith makes no sense. He's a game manager just like fitz and IMO is worse than fitz but has had a better d. Yes BPA I'm admitting I was wrong about fitz btw lol