"You're in the right neighborhood" - Nix on 2013 Draft QBs

I don't know if any of you were listening to Buddy Nix's Friday interview on WGR550 this morning or not. But Sal Capaccio asked if Nix had a chance to look at Matt Barkley, Geno Smith, or Mike Glennon as of yet. He replied that he did. Sal then asked him if he had anything to say about any of the three. His reply was interesting:

"No..... but you're in the right neighborhood".

Everyone knows Geno Smith and Matt Barkley are near the top of the draft as far as QB's go. So if Sal's "in the right neighborhood", then Nix isn't just looking at a QB. He's looking at one near the top *thumbs up*

Edited by BillsFanForever19

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have a feeling at least 1 or 2 will be available by the time we probably pick (7-10ish).

The only qb I do not like whatsoever is Tyler wilson.

I'm with you ! Wilson i think will make a good NFL QB , Barkley will be the next (Sanchez, Palmer , Lienhert, R.Johnson) & for sure if we take him he will be more to the R. Johnson than any of them.

Laundry Jones is another that flat out scares me very inconsistant & we already have that !! The whole Nassib hype i don't get ? I watched tape on him throwing incompletions & interceptions & again i say we have that !!

I just hope we don't do like Donahoe did with Losman & jump to get a prospect that isn't worth the pick at the round taken ,It would be a lot easier to take if a QB was taken later & didn't work out than blowing draft picks to move up & then have them not work out ...

Again we have already done that enough T. Jack , Carder & others

I'm with you ! Wilson i think will make a good NFL QB , Barkley will be the next (Sanchez, Palmer , Lienhert, R.Johnson) & for sure if we take him he will be more to the R. Johnson than any of them.

Laundry Jones is another that flat out scares me very inconsistant & we already have that !! The whole Nassib hype i don't get ? I watched tape on him throwing incompletions & interceptions & again i say we have that !!

I just hope we don't do like Donahoe did with Losman & jump to get a prospect that isn't worth the pick at the round taken ,It would be a lot easier to take if a QB was taken later & didn't work out than blowing draft picks to move up & then have them not work out ...

Again we have already done that enough T. Jack , Carder & others

Your reading comprehension skills are hilarious.

The comparison of Barkley to the other USC QBs is awful and lazy.

Not necessarily. Barkley had decision making problems, consistently, this season. He's not athletically elite.

He also had accuracy issues this season. And he never had the strongest arm to begin with. Living in

SoCal I have to watch more SC games than I'd prefer. Barkley might turn out to be good, but he has legitimate

question surrounding him that were created by his play.

Glennon will be the top QB taken in this draft....book it

Disagree. Smith will be. Why? He is the QB of the modern NFL. Glennon is a traditional pocket passer. A very good one, but do you really think, if all things are equal coming out of the combine and individual workouts that Glennon would go before Smith? Or that the Bills, specifically, would draft Glennon over Smith? QB's who can throw and provide a run element are more desireable. Now Smith isn't RGIII or Newton by any means, but he's more mobile than Glennon.

Edited by purple haze

He doesn't compare to those prospects at all. Best comparison is Pennington before his arm went full noodle. I've also watched more USC games than i would have liked. Kiffen is god-awful and puts him in a position to fail. The play calling is mind numbingly bad. his two WR are wickedly talented but headcases. They run wrong routes or quit on their routes frequently. his arm strength isn't elite but it's certainly good enough. he can make all the throws necessary. he has made some poor decisions, but IMO they been mostly a product of him knowing he has to carry that sack of **** team on his back. yes, you can point to all their talent, but as a team they are horrendous. eagles of College football.

Glennon will be the top QB taken in this draft....book it

I don't think so...But I do think he will be the 2nd QB taken, and both could go in the Top 5...

At the end of the day Glennon's athletic ability is going to knock him down ever so slightly...He's actually not a bad athlete for his length, but he's no Kaepernick...That's for certain...I think between the two I like what Geno brings to the table just a bit more because he is a dual threat...Not to the level of RGII or Cam Newton...But Geno is a decent running QB, he's just a pass 1st QB...

But anyway...I'd take either for The Bills in a heartbeat... B-)

I wouldn't at all be upset with Geno Smith, and I have been tooting the Glennon horn since around Halloween. On the other hand, I would say no to Barkley and Tyler Wilson like others have in this thread. If we are talking 2nd-4th rounders, I wouldn't be upset with Landry Jones, Aaron Murray, or Ryan Nassib...depending on the round

He doesn't compare to those prospects at all. Best comparison is Pennington before his arm went full noodle. I've also watched more USC games than i would have liked. Kiffen is god-awful and puts him in a position to fail. The play calling is mind numbingly bad. his two WR are wickedly talented but headcases. They run wrong routes or quit on their routes frequently. his arm strength isn't elite but it's certainly good enough. he can make all the throws necessary. he has made some poor decisions, but IMO they been mostly a product of him knowing he has to carry that sack of **** team on his back. yes, you can point to all their talent, but as a team they are horrendous. eagles of College football.

I mostly agree...Though I do worry about his arm strength and size...I don't think Barkley is a 1st Round QB Prospect...I just don't...That's not to say that I don't think he's got some ability...Because he does...I have said all along that the kid is though as nails, and that the situation at USC is not where near as good as some folks think it may be...That O-Line is just terrible at pass blocking...Just awful...And Barkley got pummeled behind it...Just go back and watch the Stanford game...I felt bad for the kid...He got absolutely battered in his Sr. season... B-)