"You're in the right neighborhood" - Nix on 2013 Draft QBs

Come on, man. Chan deserves criticism, but can you at least get the criticisms right? Gailey responsible for Cassell's regression? Did this regression occur in the few weeks of the 2009 pre-season that Chan spent in KC, b/c that's the only time they worked together. AndFitz? He has played his best football under Chan, he's just hit his ceiling. But perhaps I'm forgetting Fitz's heyday back pre-Gailey when he was lighting up the league. And BTW, he wasn't demoted in KC, he was fired by Todd Hayley, who didn't sign him in the first place, & it was because Hayley's an O guy & runs a different system. Also, Thigpen was signed as a FA, not traded for. But other than all that you're right on the money.

I've watched several of his games. His arm is legendary, but that's about all he's got. I watched Bray after watching Glennon; I no longer care for Bray.

I do not like Glennon at all, so I guess I would hate Bray?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Give me Jones and Bray, the two tall guys with YPA in the upper 7s and lower 8s. Glennon is tall but he's been in the 6s YPA-wise.

It sucks that we FINALLY decide to draft QB in a weak QB class but Jones and Bray would be my "shot in the dark"

I don't want anybody under 6'4" or with a weak arm.

College stats are pretty meaningless. Watch video of Glennon & Bray against decent competition & see if you still prefer Bray.

It doesn't, but it does demostrate what a week QB class this is. When a Freshman QB wins the trophy and a LB comes in second and the only other QB invited isn't even in the conversation for draft potenial... it seems to indicate some strong evidence against the class in general.

I think Fitz greatest weakness is he doesn't elevate the play of his teammates. Barkley gives me the same fear. Smith's stats are impressive, but I've also watched him play, and he does not seem to be more than a deep ball wing and prayer thrower aka Losman 2. Crucify if you want, that's my observation.

Draft a QB in the second round or later, just don't waste a pick in round 1 on these guys.

If that's all you see what watching Geno Smith then...You need to watch more...He makes an absolute ton of throws all over the field...He's certainly not perfect...But he definitely makes short, intermediate, and long passes...And he can throw them on a rope when his mechanics are sound...Also, Smith is known to be a real good study...He lives Football...

"He's a very intelligent kid," WVU HC Dana Holgorsen said of Smith. "His goal in life, his focus in life, is to learn as much about football as he possibly can. He loves to read. He loves to draw. He's got some hobbies. But I guarantee you, when he's reading and drawing, he's still thinking about football."

Edited by KOKBILLS

I'm all for Glennon. Scouts are high on his accuracy and arm strength.. I don't think his lack of mobility is as bad as people on here say.

Mobility means pretty much nothing honestly. He has good feet and when he decides to throw the ball gets out quick. He is 6'6 but doesnt lumber around or look awkward on the field.

Another thing while watching a few of his games recently, he makes plays out of the pocket with his arm. He will get out of the pocket and when he does he has his eyes downfield and has made very big plays out of the pocket. I remember Blain gabbert being a late riser, guy was a 2nd rounder tops around this time, when I watched Gabbert I just didnt understand why he was rising, and then as the draft got closer was called a top 10 pick. Watching Glennon, he looks the part. Arm and reading a defense. I would not be surprised to see him jump into the top 10 talk and even go higher than the Bills pick.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

Glennon is the goofiest looking dude in the world and for that reason I don't think he will be successful.

That's funny because last year pre-draft, someone here posted a picture of Russell Wilson and said there's no way we should draft someone so goofy looking.

I think we should remove goofy-looking as a criteria.

I mean look at all the handsome QBs with swimsuit model girlfriends who can't play quarterback.

That's funny because last year pre-draft, someone here posted a picture of Russell Wilson and said there's no way we should draft someone so goofy looking.

I think we should remove goofy-looking as a criteria.

I mean look at all the handsome QBs with swimsuit model girlfriends who can't play quarterback.

maybe goofy - looking should be a new criteria for a successful QB ;)

Come on, man. Chan deserves criticism, but can you at least get the criticisms right? Gailey responsible for Cassell's regression? Did this regression occur in the few weeks of the 2009 pre-season that Chan spent in KC, b/c that's the only time they worked together. AndFitz? He has played his best football under Chan, he's just hit his ceiling. But perhaps I'm forgetting Fitz's heyday back pre-Gailey when he was lighting up the league. And BTW, he wasn't demoted in KC, he was fired by Todd Hayley, who didn't sign him in the first place, & it was because Hayley's an O guy & runs a different system. Also, Thigpen was signed as a FA, not traded for. But other than all that you're right on the money.

I've watched several of his games. His arm is legendary, but that's about all he's got. I watched Bray after watching Glennon; I no longer care for Bray.

Your points are well taken. And I don't necessarily disagree with your observations re the KC environment and that he wasn't singularly responsible for Cassel's regression. But my bigger point is folks want to crown Gailey some kind of offensive genius. When the truth is that he is basically an above average coach. He isn't all that. He ran the triple option in college and could not win at Georgia Tech. Again I like him as a person and I see why the players don't want him fired. He basically is running Camp Marv without the production.

As for Fitz who is now "on the fritz" I'll go out on a limb and say Martz has and did get more production out of a passable QB. Don't you think that the three most recent QBs (Cassel, Fitz, Thigpen) he has had have noticeably regressed (further?) under his watch?

As for Bray, living in Nashville we see a lot of UT. Bray will destroy the franchise that drafts him as the franchise QB. He is the second coming of Jimmy Clausen and the third coming of JP Losman. I haven't seen Glennon play much but what I did see I liked. I really like the kid from Arkansas, he is dealing with a cr*ppy situation and led the team respectably. Still hard to judge if he is a franchise QB or not. I also like Georgia's Aaron Murray. He's got some fire. But both those guys need some significant developing.

The guy that I like as a potential franchise type QB player in college is Old Dominion's Taylor Heineicke. Kid is outstanding. My only concern is that the level of competition he plays against is kinda ho hum. But he has vision, an arm and leadership. Holy moly kid can play.

I think this team needs to bring in Bill Polian as a consultant, Floyd Reese as GM and hire Brian Billick as coach. I think he'll get us to the playoffs and make players and coaches accountable. They'll hate him. But respect his coaching.

Right now. That's what we need.

C