"You're in the right neighborhood" - Nix on 2013 Draft QBs

IMO - the rule changes the NFL have made have made QB mobility less important. You can't hit the QB anymore almost at all so if you have a big stout guy who can shrug off arm tackles, move enough to get the ball out and take some abuse you have a benefit, how many 15 yard gifts do the pocket guys get compared to the injuries the runners get?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit : Chan Gailey IS a good coach... Just not a good HEAD COACH/Offensive coordinator or game manager or whatever he is... I knew from day one when he named himself offensive coordinator we were in for some stress... We all need help in every job we do... He's too hardheaded... If Chan is to stay, Modkins needs to go and he needs to bring in an official Offensive Coordinator...

Chan is a good coach just not a good head coach, so you want him to bring in an offensive coordinator so he can do something he's not good at?

Edited by Triple Threat

My only question is who develops these guys? None of them are NFL ready. Look with the exception of Luck and possibly RGIII this year, I'm not confident our organization would have gotten the best out of our draft picks. I think we do great with WRs and OLs now, and possibly DBs and RBs. But QBs - our track record isn't that great.

I am absolutely convinced we would have made Russell Wilson a basket case with this coaching staff. I still think it's funny how Green Bay coveted JP Losman and then "settled" for Aaron Rodgers.

I think focusing on who we're gonna draft at QB next year without figuring out who is going to develop them, is putting the cart before the horse a little bit. Everyone wants to make a big deal over Gailey being responsible for Kordell Stewart's development. But his recent record is being demoted at KC, Cassell and Fitz regressing. Trading for and thinking Tyler Thigpen is the answer at backup QB.

I like Gailey. But as a coach he's had an unhealthy obsession with the spread offense. Especially since he has had a pure stud at RB this year. His decision making in how to make this offense "go" is just nuts. He is a pure system guy now. Not a "how do I put the player in the best position to succeed" guy anymore.

If he honestly believes that Thigpen is a better option at backup QB than Travaris Jackson and can't get him enough snaps all year, we've got a hell of a problem. All for picking the best QB available, but we better have a plan to get them to the next level.

Right now I'm not convinced we do.

I'm hoping that when the Buffalo Bills draft next April the current GM Buddy Nix is months into his retirement....along with his moronic choices for HC & DC.

I'll wait until after the combine and listen to what Mike Mayock states before I chime in on who the Bills might draft. If the 3 stooges are still with the team it really won't matter who the Bills draft next year.

I wouldn't mind copying the redskins and drafting the highest rated Qb a with our first pick and maybe take Tyler Bray later since he declared.

Whoa! Tyler Bray declared.

Hmmm I think I now have a horse to root for.

I'm not in love Geno, tyler Wilson, Landry Jones but I like.

I hate hate hate the midget, toe head from USC.

Tyler Bray looked studly when I watched him, I was planning to watch Bray and Manziel closer in 2013.

Hmm I'm going to have to go to some research. If he is as good as a I remember in a a few limited games this might be my guy.

Anyone watched Bray extensively?

As far as I have seen, the only QB possibly worth a low first round pick is Smith. For our low probable draft position in the first, I would not even pick any of them except Smith with it, much less trade up for them. After our first pick, I do see possibly trading back into the latter first round for one of them. I would take Teo in the first, pick the best available QB's in both the 2nd and the third.

Everyone wants to make a big deal over Gailey being responsible for Kordell Stewart's development. But his recent record is being demoted at KC, Cassell and Fitz regressing. Trading for and thinking Tyler Thigpen is the answer at backup QB.

Come on, man. Chan deserves criticism, but can you at least get the criticisms right? Gailey responsible for Cassell's regression? Did this regression occur in the few weeks of the 2009 pre-season that Chan spent in KC, b/c that's the only time they worked together. AndFitz? He has played his best football under Chan, he's just hit his ceiling. But perhaps I'm forgetting Fitz's heyday back pre-Gailey when he was lighting up the league. And BTW, he wasn't demoted in KC, he was fired by Todd Hayley, who didn't sign him in the first place, & it was because Hayley's an O guy & runs a different system. Also, Thigpen was signed as a FA, not traded for. But other than all that you're right on the money.

Whoa! Tyler Bray declared.

Hmmm I think I now have a horse to root for.

I'm not in love Geno, tyler Wilson, Landry Jones but I like.

I hate hate hate the midget, toe head from USC.

Tyler Bray looked studly when I watched him, I was planning to watch Bray and Manziel closer in 2013.

Hmm I'm going to have to go to some research. If he is as good as a I remember in a a few limited games this might be my guy.

Anyone watched Bray extensively?

I've watched several of his games. His arm is legendary, but that's about all he's got. I watched Bray after watching Glennon; I no longer care for Bray.

Edited by Rob's House

I wouldn't mind copying the redskins and drafting the highest rated Qb a with our first pick and maybe take Tyler Bray later since he declared.

Bray will be over-drafted the same way Osweiler was...Bray has a REALLY good arm and he's tall...I doubt very much if he makes it out of the 2nd Round...Not saying that is where he should go, just saying QB's with his type of skill set will get over-drafted 100% of the time...Plus...In Bray's defense...I watched 3 Tennessee games this year...And in each game I watched I could not believe the dropped passes...And a couple were sure 6 deep passes right on the money...Scouts will see that on film I promise you, and it will help Bray move up... B-)

Come on, man. Chan deserves criticism, but can you at least get the criticisms right? Gailey responsible for Cassell's regression? Did this regression occur in the few weeks of the 2009 pre-season that Chan spent in KC, b/c that's the only time they worked together. AndFitz? He has played his best football under Chan, he's just hit his ceiling. But perhaps I'm forgetting Fitz's heyday back pre-Gailey when he was lighting up the league. And BTW, he wasn't demoted in KC, he was fired by Todd Hayley, who didn't sign him in the first place, & it was because Hayley's an O guy & runs a different system. Also, Thigpen was signed as a FA, not traded for. But other than all that you're right on the money.

I've watched several of his games. His arm is legendary, but that's about all he's got. I watched Bray after watching Glennon; I no longer care for Bray.

Glennon is a much better overall prospect that Bray for sure...He's thicker too...And that's going to be important when he gets hit...Because they ALL get hit...Bray looks like a twig...He looks like he'll snap in two... B-)

Nassib in the 3rd.....

And Smith, Glennon, Jones, or Wilson in the 1st... ;)

Since when does Heisman consideration translate to NFL QB Potential? See Gino Torretta, Eric Crouch, Danny Weurffel, and Tim Tebow as prime examples.

It doesn't, but it does demostrate what a week QB class this is. When a Freshman QB wins the trophy and a LB comes in second and the only other QB invited isn't even in the conversation for draft potenial... it seems to indicate some strong evidence against the class in general.

I think Fitz greatest weakness is he doesn't elevate the play of his teammates. Barkley gives me the same fear. Smith's stats are impressive, but I've also watched him play, and he does not seem to be more than a deep ball wing and prayer thrower aka Losman 2. Crucify if you want, that's my observation.

Draft a QB in the second round or later, just don't waste a pick in round 1 on these guys.

Give me Jones and Bray, the two tall guys with YPA in the upper 7s and lower 8s. Glennon is tall but he's been in the 6s YPA-wise.

It sucks that we FINALLY decide to draft QB in a weak QB class but Jones and Bray would be my "shot in the dark"

I don't want anybody under 6'4" or with a weak arm.