WGR reports 10 year lease

tito1

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is great news. Anyone that bitches about any detail of this lease might want to consider that going into today we had a 1 year lease extension. Worst case scenario is 7 more years of the Bills. I highly doubt that Ralph outlives the 7 years and whats to say the state wouldn't jump in to renegotiate at 6 years if he is to ensure they stay longer? Nothing negative can be said about this deal in my opinion. This is great news!

I haven't heard or read anything but the comments in this thread, but if true then it looks to me like this is a deal that gives Ralph 6 years to nail down his succession plan.

I also hope negotiations for the Toronto series fall flat so that abomination can end once and for all.

400 million is a lot of money. It would surprise me that the Bills (particularly Smithers) would enter into an arrangement like this unless there were more terms not made public.

It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

You mean something along the lines of selling the team? :worthy:

That would be nice.

Edited by The Wiz

I haven't heard or read anything but the comments in this thread, but if true then it looks to me like this is a deal that gives Ralph 6 years to nail down his succession plan.

I also hope negotiations for the Toronto series fall flat so that abomination can end once and for all.

Amen.

CBF

To me it's troubling that the Bills even wanted a clause that lets them leave at some point without a penalty. Unless Ralph passes within the first 3-4 years of this deal and the team is bought by a local group, we have seven years left to win a Super Bowl.

of course bills fans would be crying about this 7 year clause....so think of it like a 7 year lease instead of a 10 year lease, any way you slice it, gauranteed (unless some rich owner wants to give NYS 400 mill) Bills in buffalo for 7 more seasons - and way more than likely, for the long term....nice job bills and NYS - not to mention NY taxpayers only foot 95 million of the total bill....im liking it

of course bills fans would be crying about this 7 year clause....so think of it like a 7 year lease instead of a 10 year lease, any way you slice it, gauranteed (unless some rich owner wants to give NYS 400 mill) Bills in buffalo for 7 more seasons - and way more than likely, for the long term....nice job bills and NYS - not to mention NY taxpayers only foot 95 million of the total bill....im liking it

Agreed but fire Russ Brandon!!! :lol:

this would pretty much extinguish the LA flame. Cant move there really until 2020?

The cynic in me says it takes six years to build a new NFL stadium in LA, Ralph's 94......this lease takes Ralph to 100....seems like it's a lease only creates a few years breathing space to create some type of succession plan, which hopefully would put an ownership groups with Buffalo ties in.

The way I read the article in the News there is a "one time out at year 7" not free out for the remainder of the lease.

thats the way I read it as well, at the 7 year mark, they can opt out, or fulfull the remaining 3 years...

any way ya slice it...im happy (but I guess that means Im stuck with the Bills for a while haha)

Agreed but fire Russ Brandon!!! :lol:

lol, shut up