[closed]Next Bills HC should be .....

merlin

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How many coaches are any good without a top flight QB?

Belichick was nothing as a HC until Brady landed in his lap. Shanahan was great when he had Elway not so much when he retired. He goes to Washington and wasn't winning now he has RG3 and he's starting to look a lot better. Dungy was a decent enough coach with the Bucs he goes to Indy has Manning and suddenly he's a coaching savant. I could go on and on but I think you get my point.

I realize after yesterday's disaster with Gailey this may be a little controversial but I think a franchise QB is far more important to a teams success than just about any HC you want to name.

i think they go hand in hand, but in this case i think fitz is the bigger issue.

We can agree that the Defense has found itself over the last week. The defensive line is very good but may need some depth. Gilmore looks like a solid #1 CB for years to come.

The offense has a big, physical offensive line. Stevie is a legit #1 WR at this point. CJ is a budding superstar who just needs more opportunities.

If the blueprint is the Giants, we are a franchise QB and pass rush depth away. A piece or two....How many of these games would the Bills have lost with Eli Manning at QB??

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000084807/article/chip-kelly-perry-fewell-among-top-nfl-head-coach-candidates

These are some hot candidates, and I suspect the guy we could get and who would do the best job is Perry Fewell. Fewell will also have some very serious demands about the administrative changes which would have to take place and as to his authority which other candidates might not make. I say if the Bills are going to be turned around he is the man to do it.

Probably was the better choice when we hired Chan Gailey.

IMO defensive coaches will be begging for the job. Offesnive coaches might not be. Big name super bowl winning coaches probably not. But a 1st time defensive guy looks at the Bills with all the DL talent, a possible shut down CB, and a top 5 Safety they will be begging for the job.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

Marty Schottenheimer and hire Cam Cameron who was with him in SD to be his OC

And no I don't care about his playoff record. He turns teams around fast and is all about running the ball, tough defense and good special teams

And no I don't care about his playoff record. He turns teams around fast and is all about running the ball, tough defense and good special teams

Only problem is he is a 3-4 coach. I guess he could hire a 4-3 DC, but he is known for the 3-4.

Only problem is he is a 3-4 coach. I guess he could hire a 4-3 DC, but he is known for the 3-4.

Isn't this where it gets tricky ? We dont need an overhaul per se.

I don't want to clean house again.

But a good tune up might help.

And we need a good draft again from Nix and Company

Great. A re-tread who hasn't coached in the league in almost a decade, and plays not to lose. Unfortunately, that exactly who Ralph will probably hire.

I also live in Indy and the Colts players ike Reggie Wayne and Andrew Luck rave about Arians. He coaches and preaches siutational awareness. They practice end of half/games scenarios and it seems to work. I have wondered If Chan goes, he is worth looking at. I like the aggressive style he employs. I am tired of timid coaches like Chan and Dick.

Agreed, but it will never happen. My theory is that the recruitment/hiring of Shaw is the reason the Chargers have told Norv his services will no longer be needed after this season. He would be crazy to take the Bills job over S.D., for lots of reasons. The Bills will hire a re-tread who is poorly adapted to the modern NFL--bet on it.

Great point. I also think Shaw is the one guy from the college ranks bringing in, though teams should consider Chip Kelly. Brian Kelly reminds me of Spurrier and Petrino, a guy who bounces around and won't stick around a losing situation. He'd be a terrible fit for this organization.

If we can get Shaw or Arians, I'd be very happy.

Great point. I also think Shaw is the one guy from the college ranks bringing in, though teams should consider Chip Kelly. Brian Kelly reminds me of Spurrier and Petrino, a guy who bounces around and won't stick around a losing situation. He'd be a terrible fit for this organization.

If we can get Shaw or Arians, I'd be very happy.

I love Shaw. He is multi-dimensional and not gimmicky like Kelly. Youngish coaches seems to be the trend. You get a guy liek him by preaching the talent level on the team and say you will do whatever it takes to get the QB in the draft he wants.