Rotoworld had Buffalo as the number 1 landing spot for Vick

Virgil

Dog fighting aside, I don't understand why we would want a 33 year-old QB who has been benched on a 3-9 team. A QB who completed 58.5 percent of his passes in nine games this season, threw nine interceptions and lost five fumbles. Really, someone put forth an argument on why he thinks Vick is the answer. And "he's better than Fitz" isn't a valid argument.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres no way vick is a downgrade from fitz

He is in my book.

For one thing, you'd have to create an offense for him seeing as he still doesn't understand how to play quarterback.

For a guy of his age and his place on the career curve, why would you want to create a new offense?

The Bills need a quarterback who can actually execute the offense that's already here. One that all the offensive players already know.

You don't bring in an old tail to wag the dog.

He is in my book.

For one thing, you'd have to create an offense for him seeing as he still doesn't understand how to play quarterback.

For a guy of his age and his place on the career curve, why would you want to create a new offense?

The Bills need a quarterback who can actually execute the offense that's already here. One that all the offensive players already know.

You don't bring in an old tail to wag the dog.

Amen and Amen.

Rotoworld has put little thought into this post, as usual. They just took "famous QB about to be cut loose" and "teams well known to need a new QB" and shook up this nauseating cocktail.

The Bills need a QB of the future, not the QB of 2003.

Theres no way vick is a downgrade from fitz

There's no way Vick is an upgrade from Fitz either. The numbers don't lie in this case. They are both retread turnover machines. Vick has only had 2 good seasons in his entire career, not to mention he's as fragile as glass.

Seriously. Did these people actually see Vick this season, or is it just wishful memories from an old sneaker commercial they are going on?

PTR

My guess is that he would have a pretty high rating in Madden 13. That's gotta be the reason.

Honestly this is the one move that would cause me to finally give up on this team. Vick is a lousy quarterback who does not win games and can barely manage to play half the season (aka Fitz would still play 7-9 games a season so what's the point?). Plus you think Fitz's INTs are bad? Just wait until you start seeing Vick's INTs and fumbles. Signing that moron would just be a gimmick to get dummies to buy tickets. If this team wants to become a circus instead of a contender I'm out.

More rumors, not sure if this was posted: (BTW, I for one do not want the scumbag here. Ooops, did I just say that?)

Vick with Buffalo next year?

News: Philadelphia quarterback Michael (I kill dogs) Vick, who has already been ruled out for Week 14 at Tampa Bay with a concussion and who is also likely not to play again as a member of the Eagles, could find himself as Buffalo's quarterback next year, reports Yahoo! Sports. Yahoo's Jason Cole said three "NFL sources," indicated to him that Vick may end up with the Bills next season.

Analysis: Vick said he hasn't experienced any symptoms of his concussion over the past few weeks, but remains stuck in Phase 4 of his recovery. If he advances to the next level, he would be able to participate in contact drills, but there is no clear timetable for that process as he needs to clear an ImPACT test first. Fantasy owners shouldn't hold out much hope for Vick to make a contribution the rest of the season and continue to view other options at quarterback beyond Week 14. The Eagles have committed to Nick Foles going forward and it appears that Vick's days with the team are numbered.

http://fantasynews.c...ball/playernews

Edited by Cville Bills

Seriously?

Vick is on the downside of his career. He is only a slight improvement. Further, this offense is a quick strike offense. I don't think that is Vick's style. He'd have to learn a new one, or our already decent offense would have to adjust to his style.

We need to draft someone, period. Enough already with this "I heard of him so let's sign him" mentality.

I think everyone is wrong here.

When Mccoy and Vick are healthy, philly wins.

If we had a good oline (wink wink) 2 good rbs (wink wink), we would be just fine. We would need to be a run first team. Regarding Fitz: Fitz is a great back up. Fitz would fill in on the few games that vick would miss, if any.

I'm actually pretty confident that if vick was on the team, we would make the playoffs.

Ps. I'm a dog lover and I own one too. His name is Bill. For all those that cant forgive Vick, please get a freaking life. Everyone makes mistakes. No one is perfect. The people running the dog pounds are probably worse than Vick.

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

People need to get over his crimes OFF the field and focus on what he does on the field. He committed a terrible crime, he paid his dues, we have to move on. There are players that have murdered and raped PEOPLE and they are given a second chance. As a player, I still think he's got something left in the tank ON the field. Chan would just have to limit his turnovers...

If we had a good oline (wink wink) 2 good rbs (wink wink), we would be just fine. We would need to be a run first team. Regarding Fitz: Fitz is a great back up. Fitz would fill in on the few games that vick would miss, if any.

I'm actually pretty confident that if vick was on the team, we would make the playoffs.

Ps. I'm a dog lover and I own one too. His name is Bill. For all those that cant forgive Vick, please get a freaking life. Everyone makes mistakes. No one is perfect. The people running the dog pounds are probably worse than Vick.

Think need to do bit more research, was a ton more than just hurting a few dogs, he ran a criminal organization, gambled, associated with known criminals for years, the whole Ron Mexico thing, and lied to everyone face till had no choice but to admit it. This isn't a descent person who made a mistake, is a guy who repeatedly repeated mistakes and did everything in his power to continue on that path till the law got enough evidence to stop him.

I am not against forgiving him for his crimes and letting him live a new life if he chooses to do it legally, but am not one for putting him on a pedestal after all he has done and giving any money to organization who does. If Bills sign him I will do same thing did when Philly did, not watch any games, support the team or any of the sponsors of the team he is on.

Love this take. All the fitz lovers will still get 3-5 weeks of fitz when Vick goes down. I can live w this

Love this take. All the fitz lovers will still get 3-5 weeks of fitz when Vick goes down. I can live w this

Vick > Fitz IMO but Vick has durability issues. My issue here is that I don't see Vick as a big enough upgrade over Fitz to bring him in simply because it would most likely mean we still won't draft a young QB. Even if Vick pans out, its a question for how long or for how many games a season. I would be fine with bringing Vick in as long as we still drafted a real prospect at QB in the draft in the early rounds rather than another Levi Brown.

Personally, I would rather us look into a guy like Flynn before we did a guy like Vick.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8723827/nfl-five-nfl-teams-good-fits-michael-vick-next-season

Anyone with insider might see if Buffalo is mentioned. It is sickening, though, that we might bring him in when he'd offer very little. I'd rather have Vince Young, Travaris Jackson, Bruce Gradkowski, or Charlie Batch. Gradkowski is not our style of QB we'd need, but he'd be as interesting as Vick. At this point of his career he offers us nothing but a chance to compete as a backup...to backup an backup.

Fitz is better then people realize, but he is not a "franchise" QB. As discussed in another thread there are only about 6 franchise QB's in the league right now....Brady, PManning, Eli Manning, Brees, Roethlesberger, Rodgers.

http://insider.espn....ick-next-season

Anyone with insider might see if Buffalo is mentioned. It is sickening, though, that we might bring him in when he'd offer very little. I'd rather have Vince Young, Travaris Jackson, Bruce Gradkowski, or Charlie Batch. Gradkowski is not our style of QB we'd need, but he'd be as interesting as Vick. At this point of his career he offers us nothing but a chance to compete as a backup...to backup an backup.

Fitz is better then people realize, but he is not a "franchise" QB. As discussed in another thread there are only about 6 franchise QB's in the league right now....Brady, PManning, Eli Manning, Brees, Roethlesberger, Rodgers.

Huh? I get the lack of interest in Vick, but I am puzzled by who have as better choices...Gradkowski? Is he even in the league anymore? Young? Been there done that. or worse...Batch? Isnt he like 50 now?

I agree with you Tavaris though, I would rather role him out there and see if he can just be a solid and let the run game do the heavy lifting over someone like Vick who is injury prone and on the back end of his career as it is.

Huh? I get the lack of interest in Vick, but I am puzzled by who have as better choices...Gradkowski? Is he even in the league anymore? Young? Been there done that. or worse...Batch? Isnt he like 50 now?

I agree with you Tavaris though, I would rather role him out there and see if he can just be a solid and let the run game do the heavy lifting over someone like Vick who is injury prone and on the back end of his career as it is.

Gradkowski has been in the league since 2006, a product of Toledo where he set the MAC record for completed pass %. He has not been god awful in his career, but he is accurate with a strong arm. He would not start, but in my mind I do not see Vick starting.

Batch would make a good backup QB. The rest of them would.

I've said it before. I will say it again. We have:

Fitz: 30

TJax: 29

Thigpen: 28

All have been in the league since 2007 or before. All of them have had a chance to become a legit starter and only Fitz has succeeded in doing so; TJax could not even be the third QB on the Seahawks, which preferred Flynn and Wilson to be 1-2. Nix has expressed interest in drafting a QB, as well. With Thigpen gone, TJax seemingly not able to grasp our offense (by all indications, or what people believe). Is there a QB who could instantly come on to this roster and impact us? Not with us drafting outside of the top 12, behind teams like Arizona, Phili, Tennessee, Jacksonville, Kansas City, hell, I could see Oakland drafting a QB. But of those 6, four will draft QB's. Phili, Tennessee, Jacksonville have the tools to build around. Kansas City has many needs, but a new coach needs a new QB. Arizona is toss up. Where is our QB in the draft? The guy we are going to groom does not need to sit 3rd on the bench splitting snaps with 2 other guys ahead of him...

So, bring in Vick? Vick takes snaps away from our rookie and Fitz. The front office has said they are sticking with Fitz and Gailey seems safe right now and for the next year, same with Buddy. Unless they lose out, both will be here in 2013 - with the way our defense is playing we likely win out. Do we want a QB to groom for the future? Or do we want to put hopes on an aging 33 year old QB who has had his wheels run off, his numbers dropping and just got benched for a backup?

Fitz will be the starter for the 2013 opener.

I'm way past the whole dog fighting thing, dude was raised in an environment where dogs lives were insignificant and he did his time n paid his dues. With regards to his fit on our team, he is clearly a better athlete and has the arm we need to spread the field. Also, i think he'd actually want to come here because of how little our qb gets sacked in this quick throw offense. However, because chan's offense is apparently so complex I don't know if he'd be able to pick it up in a year. And this is why we'll be seeing fitz as our qb next year - chan's overly complex offense doesn't allow for us to make a quick change at the position (which drives me crazy personally). IMO chan takes himself way too seriously as an offensive coach (refuses to give new qbs a try because he doesn't think they can run the offense - Vince young, tarvaris jackson, refusing to run the ball because he overthinks the situation and attempts to outsmart the opposition, etc.)

sometimes i think the average sports fan is mildly retarded. this is a good example. fact is fitz is playing some of his best ball the last six weeks. he started the season flat out bad and will never be elite but hes the best qb weve had here in quite a while. vick is trending very badly. why in the world would anyone would want him over fitz is mind bottling

Andy Reid lost his mind by having Vick averaging about 38 passing attempts a game this season.

I think it's obvious the Bills will be looking for a playoff experienced, seasoned QB like Vick who has a real NFL arm. If they limit his passing attempts then he may be a viable option for a couple of years if Gailey would run the darn ball 40 times a game.

.....this is what I'm talkin bout

NBC Sports is running with it now too -

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/08/vick-could-land-in-buffalo-next-season/

They cite the original Yahoo! piece. But, interestingly enough, Mike Florio claims they've "likewise been hearing this".

Perhaps there's some fire to this smoke?

Edited by BillsFanForever19

sometimes i think the average sports fan is mildly retarded. this is a good example. fact is fitz is playing some of his best ball the last six weeks. he started the season flat out bad and will never be elite but hes the best qb weve had here in quite a while. vick is trending very badly. why in the world would anyone would want him over fitz is mind bottling

If that's his best ball, we will never see 8 wins in a season, let alone playoffs.

can't see this happening. and i especially don't see this happening if Buddy and Chan come back. and i think they're coming back.

jw

I agree John. And you would be the first actual journalist with actual knowledge to comment on this, including the authors of the original yahoo article...

I hate how people hate Vick for his dog killing, yet nobody rips on Brady for leaving his pregnant girlfriend a few years ago or Roethlisberger for raping a girl. It's sick how we value animals more than people. sure none of you will understand what I'm saying because our society is so messed up and has no more morals anymore.

I hate how people hate Vick for his dog killing, yet nobody rips on Brady for leaving his pregnant girlfriend a few years ago or Roethlisberger for raping a girl. It's sick how we value animals more than people. sure none of you will understand what I'm saying because our society is so messed up and has no more morals anymore.

You are an idiot. Too bad you'll never understand what I'm saying because our society is so messed up and has no morals anymore.....

....because there is nothing more moral than being into habitual animal torture.

Idiot.

I'm far from an animal lover, but torturing and murdering animals is worse than two adults ending a relationship? That's one of the most idiotic things I've ever read on this board.

Sorry Dude, we're past that. Still doesn't make Vick even a half-way decent QB. He's a 33 year-old turn-over machine benched by a 3-9 team. So, it basically doesn't matter what you're trying to say.