Kyle Orton Should Be a Starter

Gugny

Flacco and Rivers are already starters on better teams than Buffalo. Alex Smith sucks. Sanchez sucks.

Why not Kyle Orton? This guy fell victim to the Tebow debacle in Denver. He is, by far, the best backup QB in the game. He will likely go anywhere to be the undisputed starter. And most importantly ... he'd be an upgrade over our current QB. A nice upgrade, at that.

Current Contract:

3/14/2012: Signed a three-year, $10.5 million contract. The deal included a $5 million signing bonus. 2012: $900,000, 2013: $1.35 million, 2014: $3.25 million, 2015: Free Agent

Go Bills.

Edited by gugny

Kyle Orton is a possibility. Another guy is Matt Moore. I'm surprised neither one have been given a shot somewhere to be a starting QB.

I wonder what it is about Moore that teams don't like. I've always thought he played well in the games I've seen him play.

Saw Moore a lot in Carolina. You're crazy to think his situation would be any different then Fitz

I've always liked what I've seen of Moore. Of course, watching him torch the Bills might be what's sticking in my mind. My general feeling on him is that he, too, would be an upgrade over Fitz. Not sure if he's a "franchise" guy. I still prefer Orton over any other current NFL QBs.

I've always liked what I've seen of Moore. Of course, watching him torch the Bills might be what's sticking in my mind. My general feeling on him is that he, too, would be an upgrade over Fitz. Not sure if he's a "franchise" guy. I still prefer Orton over any other current NFL QBs.

Being better then Fitz only requires an 8-8 season and 25 picks a season... low hanging fruit is always the easiest to grab. Unless one is lower then that.

Flacco and Rivers are already starters on better teams than Buffalo. Alex Smith sucks. Sanchez sucks.

Why not Kyle Orton? This guy fell victim to the Tebow debacle in Denver. He is, by far, the best backup QB in the game. He will likely go anywhere to be the undisputed starter. And most importantly ... he'd be an upgrade over our current QB. A nice upgrade, at that.

Go Bills.

My O line continues to drop like flies he

will be soon!

Being better then Fitz only requires an 8-8 season and 25 picks a season... low hanging fruit is always the easiest to grab. Unless one is lower then that.

Understood, and agreed. I've always maintained that I don't want the Bills to move on a QB "just to make a move." I think Orton is a legitimate starter in this league. I like Moore, but don't know enough about him. I do think he's better than Tannehill.

Understood, and agreed. I've always maintained that I don't want the Bills to move on a QB "just to make a move." I think Orton is a legitimate starter in this league. I like Moore, but don't know enough about him. I do think he's better than Tannehill.

I can't tell if you are being serious or sarcastic given all the threads proposing to acquire everyone's garbage QBs. I disagree with Orton being better than Fitz.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

Current Contract:

3/14/2012: Signed a three-year, $10.5 million contract. The deal included a $5 million signing bonus. 2012: $900,000, 2013: $1.35 million, 2014: $3.25 million, 2015: Free Agent

Go Bills.

I know we're all losers for liking the bills....

But why continue to wish for and attract non proven players.?? There is usually a good reason why a player gets demoted constantly.

Kyle Orton????? Eff Kyle Orton. He had a chance in Chicago. He's not good enough. He had his shot in Denver. He will do what in Buffalo??? Take us to promised land? NO. He will eventually get demoted because he's not good enough.

I would rather get a rookie or a REAL PROVEN WINNER. Tis why I was upset that we didnt go after Peyton...

I saw a thread for "Joe Flacco, interested?" Now that is much better. He constantly takes his team to the playoffs.

Get it??? If you get demoted constantly, then the answer is EFF NO!!!!

Kyle Orton is a possibility. Another guy is Matt Moore. I'm surprised neither one have been given a shot somewhere to be a starting QB.

Orton has had more than one shot to be a starter, in both Chicago and Denver. Not sure why anyone believes he is an upgrade. Moore has career back up written all over him. You might say "so does Fitz" but hard to see either of these guys as a better choice.

agree on Orton and Moore.....they are not to be confused with "elite" guys but are definetly serviceable especially Orton

Doesn't this say it all? Fitz is servicable too. I watched Orton quite a bit when he was in Denver, very similar to Fitz (right down to the stupid beard). Some very good games and some terrible ones. They both make head scratching throws, especially in the red zone. Orton has had chances and couldn't stick.

Current Contract:

Go Bills.

Alex Smith sucks??? WOW.

Why not Kyle Orton?? Because HE SUCKS! , DYK that when you google Kyle Orton drunk is one of the top suggestions??

Lets see the other because's -- he lost out to Rex Grossman and Brian Griese in Chicago, he lost out to Jay Cutler, Chris Simms and Tim Tebow in Denver, hell he couldn't beat out Matt Cassel or Tyler Palko in KC and now he's in Dallas.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Why the hell is THIS pinned? There's about 6 pinned threads that this same question could be asked about. What the hell is going on here?

I leave for two days and come back to pinned threads on Oorton, Smith...SANCHEZ? maybe its time to quit the internet. Edited by sodbuster

Current Contract:

Go Bills.

He did not "fall victim to Tebow", he was 1-4 with a team that Tebow went 7-4 with. Orton sucks.

No to Moore, Orton, Alex Smith, Carson Palmer, Vick. Quit trying to put a band-aid on the QB position. The less they invest the less the risk and the less the reward. Go in for a QB in the draft. If they think Geno Smith or Barkley are the guy who can lead the franchise, go after them rather than sit back and see who falls.