Don't look now, but Fitzpatrick is tied for 9th in the NFL in TD&#

I agree 100% with you #1. You can't argue with ignorance.

Before this season if people were asked if they would take 3500+ yards 25+ TDs 15+ Ints and about 25 sacks from the QB and an offense that scores about 25 points per game, I guarantee you about 90%+ of Bills fans would have signed up for that.

---^ This

Fitz is probably going to finish with close to 4,000 yards and 30TDs. Stats that would make Jim Kelly an equal or not as good and yet we kill Fitz.

We want more wins? Get Chan to buy into the running game more and not out Fitz in bad positions like the Tennessee game.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how about this, we leave the conversation where I started it? The point of the thread was simple: tied for 9th in TD's and 18th in salary this year. If you want to go on about QBR, that's fine, you can go there all you want man.

And for TD's over turnovers, I'll leave it at this: a TD is an automatic 6 points, and an INT is not. PERIOD. There is this thing called a DEFENSE that gets paid to stop the other team from scoring from that INT/turnover.

So, just to recap, you again choose to not answer the question, despite asking it 3 straight times. I did not ask you what is the immediate exact result of a TD or an INT. I asked you what mattered more in those 2 games against NE and the Jets...the 7 TD's, 4 of which were after the game was out of reach and irrelevant, or the 7 INTS and a fumble during the relevant parts of those same games. Its not hard bro, its just english. Read the question and answer the question...but as I already stated, you will never answer the question as it does not support or pointless point about Fitz being 9th in total TD's right now.

And the follow up quesiton was which is a more important piece of information about Fitz's performance...the fact he is top 20 in total TD's the last 2 years, or the fact he is number 3 for most turnovers over that same span. You know that period where he was supposed to explode as the unquestioned starter and all that jazz.

Here is another question...which of those 2 things do you think impacted our record more...him being in the top 20 over 2 years in total TD's or him being number 3 for most turnovers?

Fitz is not our sole problem, this team needs to shore up multiple spots, including along the staff. However, that does not change the fact that Fitz is a problem on this team and there are no stats that can dispute that.

Over a season ago now the league has plenty of tape on how Fitz runs Gaileys offense. Those games were also at home.

See Texans, 2nd pats game, Indy, Tenn game of this year

We scored enough points against Tenn & NE this year. Our D was really really bad!

Especially the made up ones:

"Has more balls batted down in a season then most QBs do in a career"

"The majority of his stats are garbage time stats when they are way behind and the defense is giving him yardage"

"his TD's are for more then 25 yards, not many, and even those one are mostly all yards after the catch."

Every team in the NFL passes more than it runs. Even so, Buffalo is in the top 10 in rushing plays. They are 22nd in pass attempts.

Keep digging on that one. your bound to bury yourself completely soon.

You mean like the QBR point you brought up but then didn't respond to after it was pointed out the other QBs who have essentially the same rating?

If your are referring to the first pats game, how many points did NE score off Fitz's first int? His 2nd? His fumble? That's right, none. And after these 3 turnovers, what deficit had Fitz pt the team in? That's right, none. They were up by 2 TDs soon after. The Bills D erased that advantage in two 3 minute NE TD drives. NE scored again on their next possession--63 yards in 2 minutes. Their next possession they scored in 1:44. You get the picture..

You know what I mean when I say Gailey passes at a much higher rate than he runs far too often. EVERYONE knows Chans play calling style, so stop trying to be cute and trying to act like Gailey is not a pass happy coach.

Second, you are being really foolish now with your QBR comments...you named a few QB's ranked as crappy as Fitz to somehow make it spin to sound like FItz isnt far off from being in the group of good QB's. So lets play your game...still does not change he is ranked TWENTY FIFTH...but I know how important it is to you Fitz...I mean WEO...to make that seem like its not as bad as it is. So lets look...

Highest rated QBR in the league right now is Peyton Manning (talk about a good story on a side note) with 81.1 QBR.

Lowest rated QBR in the league among full time starters for the season is Brandon Weeden at 26.1 QBR.

Fitz has a QBR of 47.2 which is considered a poor rating on that scale.

So, lets see...your pointless point is that there are a few "name" QBs near his QBR score and you want to somehow use that useless piece of information to validate Fitz's pathetic score. Fitz is 33.9 points LOWER than the top guy...yet he is only 21.1 points higher than the worst guy. So he is a lot closer to the bottom than the top. To crack the top 10 he would need a score of 66 and he is way far from that.

So, you pointing out that Vick, Rivers, and Newton are not having good years, does NOT in ANY WAY make Fitz's year better. What, because Rivers has had previous pro bowl years, vick has had pro bowl years, and Newton had a great rookie year, that somehow changes how Fitz is doing this year because they are having bad years too? Fitz being clumped among other QB's under performing does not somehow prove Fitz is also a pro bowler because he is under performing in a similar way as some former pro bowlers. No offense, but that is one of the dumbest excuses I have heard in a long time.

And lets not forget, Fitzs QBR is right where it ALWAYS is and has been his whole career while those other guys are having one of their worst seasons, if not their worst seasons as pros and yet still have a higher QBR than Fitz.

"Hey Joe, Vick sucks this year just like Fitz so that means Fitz doesnt suck because once upon a time Vick didnt suck, even though he sucks this year"...great logic and only found on a Bills message board.

AND PS: You think those 4 INTS against NE didnt impact the game? Are you serious? Just because NE didnt score on each one of them, it allowed them to take our O off the field, meaning we couldnt score and we needed MORE POINTS. Not to mention, its demoralizing for the D to keep having to go back out on the field constantly against one of the most dangerous offenses in the league...more importantly, of the 4 meaningless TD's in the two games, only one was in the NE game the other 3 were in the Jets game down 41-3 in the fourth.

Edited by Alphadawg7

---^ This

Fitz is probably going to finish with close to 4,000 yards and 30TDs. Stats that would make Jim Kelly an equal or not as good and yet we kill Fitz.

We want more wins? Get Chan to buy into the running game more and not out Fitz in bad positions like the Tennessee game.

Come on people...KELLY played in a DIFFERENT ERA...the constant reference to how good his stats look in this era by comparing them to a different era is just crazy. In THIS ERA...you know the one we live in every day and Fitz plays in every day, 20 to 25 TD's is nothing significant. Mark Sanchez threw 26 TD's last year...how good is he? He just got benched for a 3rd stringer so they could WIN the game.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Come on people...KELLY played in a DIFFERENT ERA...the constant reference to how good his stats look in this era by comparing them to a different era is just crazy. In THIS ERA...you know the one we live in every day and Fitz plays in every day, 20 to 25 TD's is nothing significant. Mark Sanchez threw 26 TD's last year...how good is he? He just got benched for a 3rd stringer so they could WIN the game.

So many people cannot grasp this point.

New Thread Title: Fitz now has ZERO playoff appearances in three consecutive seasons. And how many underthrown or overthrown balls would have been TD's if not for Fitz?!?! Chan's offense is built to throw TDs.

Thank you!!!!!

Thats because its the only, and I mean the ONLY stat that they have to try and desperately defend Fitz as being good when he is not. They cant use his accuracy...they cant use his efficiency...they cant use his win/loss record...they cant use playoff apperances...they cant use QBR...they cant use ball control...they cant use consistency...they cant use his clutch performances...they cant use him beating good teams...they cant use his divisional performances...they cant use his history...they cant use his arm strength...they cant use his touch on the ball...they cant use YPA...they cant use any of that, so they focus on his TD totals being respectable 20 years ago.

Thats like saying Mark Sanchez is a future HOFer because if he put those numbers up in the 60's he would have been one of the most productive QB's of that generation. Unfortunately, they play in todays NFL where its not very good and means very little...although, Fitz ranking in the top 3 in having most turnovers in his 2 years as our unquestioned starter is pretty significant and pretty telling about our record with him under center.

2012 Buffalo Bills: 16th in points scored and 4th in points scored against. Do you see the trouble here?

The piling on Ryan Fitzpatrick has gone waaaay overboard. The putrid defense and Gailey's inexplicable refusal to use Spiller a lot were the main cause for our poor record. Fitzpatrick is never going to be Jim Kelley, but he's not as bad as you guys have been carrying on about. He's literally a middle-of-the-pack quality level of starting NFL QB. No one is saying he's great, but having three consecutive season's of 20 plus TDs blows away many notions here that he is only a backup level QB. The numbers simply don't support that argument.

Nobody is arguing the fact that Fitz is inconsistent & his win loss record stinks. I stated my feelings about Fitz & why the Bills need a franchise QB in the initial post so I'm not going to rehash what I stated in the first place. I was giving Fitz & Gailey just a little bit of credit. There have been times over the past 3 years where the offense has been exciting, compared to the abysmal pop-Warner style offense Jauron used. I wouldn't mind if Fitz was our backup, just not our starting QB.

Guess no one can give props to anyone around here if they're not a probowl player?! For how long did we hear people ranting & raving about Spiller being a bust, and all the Mario bashing earlier in the season.

Edited by Jerry Jabber

Thats because its the only, and I mean the ONLY stat that they have to try and desperately defend Fitz as being good when he is not. They cant use his accuracy...they cant use his efficiency...they cant use his win/loss record...they cant use playoff apperances...they cant use QBR...they cant use ball control...they cant use consistency...they cant use his clutch performances...they cant use him beating good teams...they cant use his divisional performances...they cant use his history...they cant use his arm strength...they cant use his touch on the ball...they cant use YPA...they cant use any of that, so they focus on his TD totals being respectable 20 years ago.

Thats like saying Mark Sanchez is a future HOFer because if he put those numbers up in the 60's he would have been one of the most productive QB's of that generation. Unfortunately, they play in todays NFL where its not very good and means very little...although, Fitz ranking in the top 3 in having most turnovers in his 2 years as our unquestioned starter is pretty significant and pretty telling about our record with him under center.

Extremely well put, particularly the 1st paragraph.

Compare Fitz to the parade of mediocrity that came before him...Trent, Holcomb, Losman, Van Pelt, Bledsoe.

PTR

Exactly. How many times with those QB's mentioned did we see the Bills offense score 10 to 13 points a game. Also, the Bills didn't have a QB that threw for over 300 yards in a game for numerous years until Fitz broke that streak.

2012 Buffalo Bills: 16th in points scored and 4th in points scored against. Do you see the trouble here?

The piling on Ryan Fitzpatrick has gone waaaay overboard. The putrid defense and Gailey's inexplicable refusal to use Spiller a lot were the main cause for our poor record. Fitzpatrick is never going to be Jim Kelley, but he's not as bad as you guys have been carrying on about. He's literally a middle-of-the-pack quality level of starting NFL QB. No one is saying he's great, but having three consecutive season's of 20 plus TDs blows away many notions here that he is only a backup level QB. The numbers simply don't support that argument.

---^

For all those that say Fitz can only measured by these ridiculous stats.

He's 18th in QBR

Tied for 9th for TDs

And 21st for yards.

It all points to the fact that he's average. Again, no one is saying he is the 2nd coming of Payton Manning. But he's no Kelly Holcomb or Trent Edwards either. He could be as bad as them. But he's not. He's better than 23 other starters in the league in TD passes, and 14 in QBR, and 11 in yardage.

That's first 1/3, middle 1/3, and bottom 1/3. All with having an idiot coach that sets him up to lose on multiple occasions.

Either way, he is who he is and guess what. We're probably going to have his services starting for another year so you bitter SOBs better get used to it.

I'm getting more than a little tired of the constant Fitzpatrick bashing here.

12 games have been played. The Bills are 16th in points scored and 4th in points scored against.

I see your point, but man those last minute Tenessee and NE picks probably cost us a playoff shot and they were pretty awful decisions and throws.

Fitzy has some upside like presnap reads, toughness, quick release and scrambling, but he also has a lethal knack for throwing picks and forcing stuff that shows very poor game management and skill under pressure. Its the kiss of death for NFL QB's.

---^

He's 18th in QBR

Tied for 9th for TDs

And 21st for yards.

It all points to the fact that he's average. Again, no one is saying he is the 2nd coming of Payton Manning. But he's no Kelly Holcomb or Trent Edwards either. He could be as bad as them. But he's not. He's better than 23 other starters in the league in TD passes, and 14 in QBR, and 11 in yardage.

That's first 1/3, middle 1/3, and bottom 1/3. All with having an idiot coach that sets him up to lose on multiple occasions.

Either way, he is who he is and guess what. We're probably going to have his services starting for another year so you bitter SOBs better get used to it.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Thank you! If anyone thinks the Bills will be drafting an immediate starting QB next year is out of their mind. Expect to see Fitz have some competition in training camp, but he will be the Bills starting QB come Week 1. With having two stellar RB's, Fitz should only be throwing the ball 20-25 times a game (or less). I put that squarely on Gailey's shoulders.

I see your point, but man those last minute Tenessee and NE picks probably cost us a playoff shot and they were pretty awful decisions and throws.

Fitzy has some upside like presnap reads, toughness, quick release and scrambling, but he also has a lethal knack for throwing picks and forcing stuff that shows very poor game management and skill under pressure. Its the kiss of death for NFL QB's.

I agree 100% Like I stated before, Fitz would be an above average backup, but he is a below average starting QB as his inconsistencies and costly turnovers make him such.

Even good QBs make those bad throws. I've watched the end of 2 Chargers this season and I've seen Rivers do the same thing in both games. No difference, yet we have another thread where people are claiming it would be the best possible thing to happen. Edited by mrags

---^

He's 18th in QBR

Tied for 9th for TDs

And 21st for yards.

Where do you get your stats...Fitz is ranked 25th in QBR...not 18th. Not even going to bother and look the others up given you are so off on that one.

Edited by Alphadawg7

NFL.com

Edit: oops, ESPN.com. Thought I was clicking in NFL link when I googled. Either way, it's close to middle of the pack.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating

Like I keep saying. All this arguing is pointless and absolutely stupid because everyone that we want fired or benched now will still be here next year. So you haters better get used to it.

Nix

Chan

Wanny

Fitz

Stevie

Jones

Dareus

Williams

Williams

Barnett

Shephard

They will all be here. Good luck with hoping there's changes. There won't be.

Edited by mrags

NFL.com

Well according to ESPN, who created the stat, he is 25th. You are probably looking a QB rating...not QBR...so you are wrong about him being 18th. QB rating is a worthless stat that coaches and scouts dont even use. QBR was developed to be the new indicator to gauge how effective a QB is and its now become the main statistical category analysts, scouts, and coaches uses to determine how a QB actually plays on the field.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Well according to ESPN, who created the stat, he is 25th. You are probably looking a QB rating...not QBR...so you are wrong about him being 18th. QB rating is a worthless stat that coaches and scouts dont even use. QBR was developed to be the new indicator to gauge how effective a QB is and its now become the main statistical category analysts, scouts, and coaches uses to determine how a QB actually plays on the field.

actually I F&$Ked up. It was ESPN.com. Not sure where you get your info. It says Rate, but I don't see a QBR and its ESPN. Either way. It doesn't matter. Get off your hatred for the guy and support. He's gonna be here a while. Edited by mrags

actually I F&$Ked up. It was ESPN.com. Not sure where you get your info.

Dude...read what I wrote...you are looking at the old rating system that coaches, scouts, analysts, etc havent used forever and consider a meaningless stat as it only tracks a few stats and tracks nothing to do with effectiveness. It never ceases to amaze me how little people read of a post before they reply to it. I just explained this to you in the very post you replied to...so you made two mistakes...one it wasnt NFL.com and two you are not looking at QBR. If you are going to site QBR scores in other posts, it would probably help to know what QBR is so you can get the right stats.

Try scrolling down the main stats page and clicking on the link that says QBR...

Here I will help you... http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

Edited by Alphadawg7

Wow. So far on this thread I've seen postings that say basically "Fitz stinks because Gailey is so great that he got Thigpen to look like a star in KC" and "Fitz would be better if Gailey wasn't such a crappy offensive coach". You can't have it both ways.

By the numbers, Fitz is average. Is Gailey so good that he makes him look better than he really is or is Gailey so bad that Fitz is really a top 10-15 QB. My guess is neither. To paraphrase Bill Parcells, he is what his numbers say he is...average.

I totally sick of holding a QB's win/loss record as the defining evidence of his skill level. That is complete garbage. Tom Brady is totally underrated...yes, underrated...because he is able to overcome such a lousy Patriots defense that bleeds points like a member of the Russian royal family. Mark Sanchez had a great win/loss record for a while because the Jets had an elite defense. Now he looks like a chump because their defense has waned. Going back many years, Archie Manning never took the Aints over .500 because he was surrounded by bums on both sides of the ball. I'd still take him today over all but a few QBs in this league.

Given the poor play on defense by the Bills this year, Fitz has been put in "comeback" mode entirely too many times this year. The turnovers tend to come later in games when he's forced to take too many risks. Certainly some have come early to put the team in the hole (see Jets game). Overall, he still has a decent TD/INT ratio. His QBR is just below average (~47).

Could the team do better? Maybe, but elite QBs don't come around often even with high draft picks. Just ask Oakland, Arizona Jacksonville, NYJ, Tennessee and several others in the past 10 years.

My bottom line: Let's fix the defense and ensure we have a good set of role players on offense. Scoring 25 points a game is good enough if we had an elite defense, which is easier to build than an elite QB.

Dude...read what I wrote...you are looking at the old rating system that coaches, scouts, analysts, etc havent used forever and consider a meaningless stat as it only tracks a few stats and tracks nothing to do with effectiveness. It never ceases to amaze me how little people read of a post before they reply to it. I just explained this to you in the very post you replied to...so you made two mistakes...one it wasnt NFL.com and two you are not looking at QBR. If you are going to site QBR scores in other posts, it would probably help to know what QBR is so you can get the right stats.

Try scrolling down the main stats page and clicking on the link that says QBR...

your such an Internet tough guy. Tha is for steering me on the straight and narrow. I'm so sorry I have a life and don't spend all my moments checking out "QBR" on ESPN which is just as rediculous of a stat as you saying that 9th in TDs is not measurable. Get a life dude. Hope you like Fitz more by the end of this year, your going to be with him a while.

Bye

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^ Does anyone even realize that Gailey got 18TD's (tied for 13th in the NFL) out of Thigpen in 2008 as a starter in KC? And no one here even thinks Thigpen is a good backup, let alone a starter. It should also be said that KC won just ONE game that year. People look at Ftiz's TD totals like in some other threads and try and use that as a gauge of he is good, yet totally ignore that he has the 3rd most turnovers of any QB in the NFL the last 2 years as a full time starter, has an atrocious QBR, an embarrassing win/loss record over his career, is woefully inconsistent, incredibly inaccurate, and throws one of the worst deep ball throwers of all the starting QB's.

People need to start realizing that in Chans system, he will get TD production from just about any QB he trots out there and that does not prove the QB is a good QB.

Every so often someone here writes a post that is almost poetic in the information it either debunks or supports. Posts like these are very rare. Alphadawg has accomplished what many other try to do, when explaining the current NFL passing game/stats. And did it very well. Congrats!

Every so often someone here writes a post that is almost poetic in the information it either debunks or supports. Posts like these are very rare. Alphadawg has accomplished what many other try to do, when explaining the current NFL passing game/stats. And did it very well. Congrats!

yup. He was absolutely right. Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson probably think so also. So does a young Tom Brady against an MVP Kurt Warner, a young Ben Rapelisberger against an MVP Kurt Warner, a young and unproven Eli Manning against a 1st ballot HOF Brady.

The better QB doesn't always win. It's a team sport.

Wow. So far on this thread I've seen postings that say basically "Fitz stinks because Gailey is so great that he got Thigpen to look like a star in KC" and "Fitz would be better if Gailey wasn't such a crappy offensive coach". You can't have it both ways.

By the numbers, Fitz is average. Is Gailey so good that he makes him look better than he really is or is Gailey so bad that Fitz is really a top 10-15 QB. My guess is neither. To paraphrase Bill Parcells, he is what his numbers say he is...average.

I totally sick of holding a QB's win/loss record as the defining evidence of his skill level. That is complete garbage. Tom Brady is totally underrated...yes, underrated...because he is able to overcome such a lousy Patriots defense that bleeds points like a member of the Russian royal family. Mark Sanchez had a great win/loss record for a while because the Jets had an elite defense. Now he looks like a chump because their defense has waned. Going back many years, Archie Manning never took the Aints over .500 because he was surrounded by bums on both sides of the ball. I'd still take him today over all but a few QBs in this league.

Given the poor play on defense by the Bills this year, Fitz has been put in "comeback" mode entirely too many times this year. The turnovers tend to come later in games when he's forced to take too many risks. Certainly some have come early to put the team in the hole (see Jets game). Overall, he still has a decent TD/INT ratio. His QBR is just below average (~47).

Could the team do better? Maybe, but elite QBs don't come around often even with high draft picks. Just ask Oakland, Arizona Jacksonville, NYJ, Tennessee and several others in the past 10 years.

My bottom line: Let's fix the defense and ensure we have a good set of role players on offense. Scoring 25 points a game is good enough if we had an elite defense, which is easier to build than an elite QB.

What are you saying.

You love Fitz or you hate him ?

<_< Not sure if this the sarcastic smiley. because that is my intent.

We have what we have. And we will improve with the draft and FA and Buddy's gems.

I an surprised you have defended Ryan to some degree as most loathe him.

But reality says if Bills keep adding parts and resigning good players, the chances continually to improve increases.

But we still need the next QB in hand and 3 years of not developing one or two, Bills are behind the 8 ball. way behind.

that in hindsight is hurting.

Maybe that qb coach can whip up a special batch of long ball skills for Fitz this offseason

What are you saying.

You love Fitz or you hate him ?

<_< Not sure if this the sarcastic smiley. because that is my intent.

We have what we have. And we will improve with the draft and FA and Buddy's gems.

I an surprised you have defended Ryan to some degree as most loathe him.

But reality says if Bills keep adding parts and resigning good players, the chances continually to improve increases.

But we still need the next QB in hand and 3 years of not developing one or two, Bills are behind the 8 ball. way behind.

that in hindsight is hurting.

Maybe that qb coach can whip up a special batch of long ball skills for Fitz this offseason

I neither love nor hate him. I haven't even met him! :flirt:

Seriously, I think that he's is the definition of average. He's not our biggest problem given that elite QBs aren't something you can easily obtain. I don't like the odds of getting an elite QB any more than I like my odds of dumping my wife and marrying a supermodel. To be clear, I wouldn't trade her in for a supermodel but I'd be willing to share one with her. :devil:

Other high quality players are more attainable because they don't have to be elite, just work together well as a team. I agree with most here that say we are unlikely to replace Fitz in the next year or even two. Even if the Bills draft a 2nd or 3rd rounder with a lot of upside, he won't beat out Fitz next year.

I neither love nor hate him. I haven't even met him! :flirt:

Seriously, I think that he's is the definition of average. He's not our biggest problem given that elite QBs aren't something you can easily obtain. I don't like the odds of getting an elite QB any more than I like my odds of dumping my wife and marrying a supermodel. To be clear, I wouldn't trade her in for a supermodel but I'd be willing to share one with her. :devil:

Other high quality players are more attainable because they don't have to be elite, just work together well as a team. I agree with most here that say we are unlikely to replace Fitz in the next year or even two. Even if the Bills draft a 2nd or 3rd rounder with a lot of upside, he won't beat out Fitz next year.

sir i must say i will respect your opinion and wisdom from now on.

For the simple reason of your generous offer of sharing your recently aquired supermodel girlfriend with your Wife.

That is a sure sign of goodness and wisdom.

Your Wife i am sure considers herself rather lucky ? : )

it was all the qb vs the jets (cromartie was having a picnic out there).......then it was all wanny and aaron williams with a "bust" mario williams for a bit

now with the defense showing up (double thumbs up to the dominant 94 we have been waiting for) it is all the qb again

he wasnt there in all the key moments. Hero time vs Ne and Tenn nope. Thurs night win vs Miami? Forgot to show up for that one (Thanks Lindell) Colts with season in balance? nowhere to be found (such a tough colts defense) the whole season wasn't on him but now it is

he keeps failing and people here keep making excuses. cut the cord. lets play the draft game.

I went there, and what ever all those stats and acronyms mean, who knows. It absolutely has Fitz ranked 25th, how I don't really know or understand.

I do know that I went and checked Fitz week by week to see what he was like.

It went like this:

3 weeks ranked in the 20's - 29,29,22

3 weeks in the top 12 - 4,10,12.....I used 12 because it is not a teen.

6 weeks in the teens - 18,15,16,14,19,18

That looks to be the exact definition of average, 3 bad weeks, 3 good weeks, and 6 average weeks. I have no idea how that equates to 25th other than then there is 5 guys who have missed at least 2 games or more that were ranked ahead of Fitz.

Edited by FreakPop

I went there, and what ever all those stats and acronyms mean, who knows. It absolutely has Fitz ranked 25th, how I don't really know or understand.

I do know that I went and checked Fitz week by week to see what he was like.

It went like this:

3 weeks ranked in the 20's - 29,29,22

3 weeks in the top 12 - 4,10,12.....I used 12 because it is not a teen.

6 weeks in the teens - 18,15,16,14,19,18

That looks to be the exact definition of average, 3 bad weeks, 3 good weeks, and 6 average weeks. I have no idea how that equates to 25th other than then there is 5 guys who have missed at least 2 games or more that were ranked ahead of Fitz.

If you want to understand the QBR better, there are some good articles online. Google what QBR is and it should come up, and some are interesting reads. You will find its quite significant at measuring aspects of a QB that indicate on field success and efficiency. I've become a big fan of it as the old rating system was literally worthless at that and no NFL personnel people even paid attention to it.

As far as the couple guys who have missed games ranked ahead of him...that's the beauty of QBR, it measures performance on the field, not yearly totals. It's all about rating them during their time on the field.

Check it out, I think if more people understood it they would really see why Fitz is rated so much lower than the guys in the top 10. It's confusing looking at the acronyms but if once you understand what they are measuring it makes more sense. It's kind of like ESPNs PER for the NBA essentially.

Edited by Alphadawg7

I'm done Alpha. I concede. Fitz is garbage. You know everything there is about football and the ESPN QBR is the end all, be all of quarterback stats.

FWIW, I made a logical explanation to my thoughts on this whole debate in the other thread about running vs passing.

Have a good night.

I'm done Alpha. I concede. Fitz is garbage. You know everything there is about football and the ESPN QBR is the end all, be all of quarterback stats.

FWIW, I made a logical explanation to my thoughts on this whole debate in the other thread about running vs passing.

Have a good night.

LOL I forgot that this was you I was discussing this with. Dont be upset, I was just having fun with the reply. Look at the other thread, I even agreed with you sent you a beer lol. Its all good dude, I take nothing personal and you shouldnt either, its a message board full of frustrated Bills fans, it is what it is. Some are frustrated with the losing, some with the people frustrated with the losing...some with the people not frustrated enough with the losing...at the end, we all want the same thing and that is a winning season in the playoffs with a chance at something other than a sad 16 game season.

And yes, you did make make a good post about Fitz that was on point and logical which I found to be a good read. And FWIW, you and I are actually on the same page quite a bit believe it or not. There was just some posts today that had me on a roll, no biggie. I will issue the same beer here in hopes of a reconciliation :beer: and as a show of good faith I deleted my last post where I was just having fun with the situation.

Maybe if we have enough of these emoticon beers, the ugly woman known as the Bills 2012 season will start looking good enough to sleep with...lol. Oh man, talk about the walk of shame when the lights come on though :w00t:

Edited by Alphadawg7