Don't Look Now, but Mario Williams 8th in NFL in sacks...

Big Turk

With all the poor play Mario Williams had before the bye, he has been a force since it...

Williams is tied for 8th in the NFL with 9.5 sacks, only a half sack away from being tied for 5th...

Seems the Williams haters wil have to go into hiding for a while...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sack total is and always has been a glamour stat and may not show the true impact of a player. Mario has played the run fairly well all year. His pass rush though is still very inconsistent. He drew lots of double teams in the first two or three games and then teams played him straight up. The past three games he is seeing doubles a lot. Still looks like he takes a few plays off but has batted a couple balls down at the LOS and he has moved around a fair amount. I like what I see.

who cares, have his sacks made a difference? Has his presence on this defense really made it better? Are the Bills a better team because of this signing?

Sacks, its not about sacks, it's about winning!

he doesn't make the offensive play calls or play QB.

Just sayin

I don't mind being the "told you so" guy on this. The Mario bashing got pretty ridiculous. I'm glad to see him serving up heaping helpings of crow.

In that case, I'd better not see you criticize any players so I can be the "told you so" guy. Really, I don't mind.

who cares, have his sacks made a difference? Has his presence on this defense really made it better? Are the Bills a better team because of this signing?

Considering he had the procedure during the bye week, his production has picked up since the bye week, the Bills D is 2nd in the NFL since their bye week....

Yeah, I would say there's a bit of an impact there. Two of the three losses since the bye (Houston, Indy) are on the offense and their abysmal red zone performance. The New England loss is on the D, but also on the team as a whole for their poor discipline. And even with that, they still had a shot to win at the end. On the other hand, the Miami win is almost entirely on the defense. They only allowed what? 210 yards and 7 points in that game?

With all the poor play Mario Williams had before the bye, he has been a force since it...

Williams is tied for 8th in the NFL with 9.5 sacks, only a half sack away from being tied for 5th...

Seems the Williams haters wil have to go into hiding for a while...

Considering he is playing with a broken wrist and in a cast as well all year, not bad is it?

So I guess one guy's success is irrelevant? So then by your logic, we just shouldn't sign any players ever since one man can't change the fortunes of the entire franchise, or even celebrate the good athletes on the team because their individual efforts haven't produced enough wins for your liking? Then to continue with your logic we should not ever celebrate any of his sacks UNLESS it is the direct cause for a win.

:wallbash: