Don't Look Now, but Mario Williams 8th in NFL in sacks...

Big Turk

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was never worried and didn't get involved in the Mario bashing or defending.

He is going to have a long career in Buffalo. His 8 game slow start will haunt him in some of the more obstinate and cheap fans.

Over time the 100 mill won't seem like such a bad deal to most.

Well, I wanted 20 sacks, so cut him. I still love the mentality of some Bills fans. They love blaming productive players for the team's problem. Yup, Mario is the one holding this team back. I'm so glad we got him and it's finally starting to show up.

I was never worried and didn't get involved in the Mario bashing or defending.

He is going to have a long career in Buffalo. His 8 game slow start will haunt him in some of the more obstinate and cheap fans.

Over time the 100 mill won't seem like such a bad deal to most.

Best part, he's only 27. Fans are so delusional. Ralph is cheap when he doesn't sign Mario. Now, he's stupid when he "overpays" for him.

His strip sack/fumble was one of the single best defensive plays we've had in a decade.

Used his leverage and huge wingspan to get to the qb, knock the ball loose, dribble in off the turf once and recover that mf'er on the opponents 15 yard line.

He'll end up with a dozen sacks this year, about double our best guy's total last year.

Oh and he's ahead of sackmasters Clay Matthews, Jared Allen and Dumervil. Also of interest, Von Miller has 15 already. Slow down there buddy.......

I was a critic. He was getting owned. Don't forget the Jets game where he was owned by a practice squad guy. He has exactly 1 sack in 4 division games, and that was against Miami. Big games against Cleveland, Arizona and Indy.

I'm glad he's here. I loved the signing and I still think it was the right thing to do.

But he has underpeformed. I don't see any other way to look at it. And I don't buy the wrist bullschit, either. He "got better" because we started playing crappy teams, and/or teams with rookie QBs.

Yes, the D is coming on, and mario is leading the improvement. But, the other guys are helping. New guy at d end is helping some, and Carrington is making a few plays. Others also contributing. And, the D line can get even better, I make Darius as hurting with a shoulder arm problem, would not be surprised to hear about off season surgery to correct whatever it is, since he is playing through the situation. Watch him closely, his arm is hanging a lot.....this is soph slump for cause in my view. Kelsay may have played his last game for the Bills. And who figured McKelvin would steady the secondary when given the CB start.

who cares, have his sacks made a difference? Has his presence on this defense really made it better? Are the Bills a better team because of this signing?

Sacks, its not about sacks, it's about winning!

I really thought during the first half of the year that Mario just didn't seem to have the intensity, the real 100% go all out, every play, intensity that makes the great defenders in the NFL great. He has the tools - but I just don't think he brings it all the time. I think his recent improvement in play is more a matter of image control - he didn't want to look like he was not really trying; granted, he was injured - but still, the people who knew him in Houston said he played down for stretches, and played up during the big stage games.

I think he is good. I don't think he's worth the money we paid him. I think there will be a draftable player in this years, and next years (clowney) draft who would be much better, and I think that 100 million would have been better invested in a few players, or maybe a top notch QB, but it is what it is - he is a good player. I just think if his passion were greater he'd help raise the level of play around him more - like Ray Lewis does in Baltimore.

We can probably get at least a 2nd for him after the season. A 1st if Buddy agrees swaps 3rd round picks

I really thought during the first half of the year that Mario just didn't seem to have the intensity, the real 100% go all out, every play, intensity that makes the great defenders in the NFL great. He has the tools - but I just don't think he brings it all the time. I think his recent improvement in play is more a matter of image control - he didn't want to look like he was not really trying; granted, he was injured - but still, the people who knew him in Houston said he played down for stretches, and played up during the big stage games.

I think he is good. I don't think he's worth the money we paid him. I think there will be a draftable player in this years, and next years (clowney) draft who would be much better, and I think that 100 million would have been better invested in a few players, or maybe a top notch QB, but it is what it is - he is a good player. I just think if his passion were greater he'd help raise the level of play around him more - like Ray Lewis does in Baltimore.

That torn ligament in his wrist really made him lazy. He didnt miss one practice or game snap

With all the poor play Mario Williams had before the bye, he has been a force since it...

Williams is tied for 8th in the NFL with 9.5 sacks, only a half sack away from being tied for 5th...

Seems the Williams haters wil have to go into hiding for a while...

So we shouldn't trade him for AZ's second string QB?

Edited by Jauronimo

I was a critic. He was getting owned. Don't forget the Jets game where he was owned by a practice squad guy. He has exactly 1 sack in 4 division games, and that was against Miami. Big games against Cleveland, Arizona and Indy.

I'm glad he's here. I loved the signing and I still think it was the right thing to do.

But he has underpeformed. I don't see any other way to look at it. And I don't buy the wrist bullschit, either. He "got better" because we started playing crappy teams, and/or teams with rookie QBs.

I don't know if I'd go that far. IDK if it was the wrist, getting re-acclimated to the game, or some combination of those, but he definitely looks faster, stronger, & quicker off the snap than he did early. Plus, as far as playing easier teams, it's kind of like the garbage time argument to explain good stats: ever team gets them. I agree his first half was lousy, but that just makes the numbers he has in spite of that all the more impressive.

Yes, the D is coming on, and mario is leading the improvement. But, the other guys are helping. New guy at d end is helping some, and Carrington is making a few plays. Others also contributing. And, the D line can get even better, I make Darius as hurting with a shoulder arm problem, would not be surprised to hear about off season surgery to correct whatever it is, since he is playing through the situation. Watch him closely, his arm is hanging a lot.....this is soph slump for cause in my view. Kelsay may have played his last game for the Bills. And who figured McKelvin would steady the secondary when given the CB start.

Agreed. With Aaron Williams out of the lineup, the secondary isn't getting torched big time like it was when AW was starting opposite Gilmore. Speaking of Gilmore, he is getting better each week. I would love to see Brooks develop as well. IMO, Gilmore & Brooks have the potential to be a great pair of shutdown corners (similar to Revis & Cromartie).

I don't know if I'd go that far. IDK if it was the wrist, getting re-acclimated to the game, or some combination of those, but he definitely looks faster, stronger, & quicker off the snap than he did early. Plus, as far as playing easier teams, it's kind of like the garbage time argument to explain good stats: ever team gets them. I agree his first half was lousy, but that just makes the numbers he has in spite of that all the more impressive.

All very good points. He has looked better. I have no concerns that he CAN be an elite pass rusher. My only concern is that he has the competetive "fire" (for lack of a better term) to want to play that hard every single week. I hope so.