• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Zeitgeist"

"Pastiche"

"Hot for ..."

"Let me be clear ..."

When people use the word "Look, ..." as an exclamation at the start of a sentence. They may not mean it, but there's something inherently hostile in it. Like, 'Look! Here. Right here! You're not seeing it. The answer is HERE. I'm right and you're wrong. Look!' I had a prof who used that a lot, in just such an accusatory way, even on matters of personal opinion/belief. Always pi--ed me right off.

Must say I'm guilty of "just sayin". One of our managers runs it into the ground though. Plus "TGI_" where _ = whatever day it is. You can imagine how lame that sounds.

I have to nominate "sick". Not totally sure if this is constricted to the poker world still or if it's made it's way into the mainstream, but I always want to punch somebody in the face when they say this. Yes it's "so sick" that your overpair didn't hold up (often needing to dodge half the deck). Make sure to tell everyone how unlucky you are. Meanwhile the same thing likely happened to me within the last 1/2 hour and I didn't say a word.

Must say I'm guilty of "just sayin". One of our managers runs it into the ground though. Plus "TGI_" where _ = whatever day it is. You can imagine how lame that sounds.

I have to nominate "sick". Not totally sure if this is constricted to the poker world still or if it's made it's way into the mainstream, but I always want to punch somebody in the face when they say this. Yes it's "so sick" that your overpair didn't hold up (often needing to dodge half the deck). Make sure to tell everyone how unlucky you are. Meanwhile the same thing likely happened to me within the last 1/2 hour and I didn't say a word.

gotta say the whole poker lingo in general could be added here................"thats so sick" leads me to say maybe you should bet the turn! haaaaaa

Because you paid her, and that's what she's supposed to say. :devil:

I have to start paying for higher class hookers. Not the better looking ones, but the ones who know the correct tenses of the English language!

"I could care less"

The correct phrase is "I couldn't care less". If you could care less, then you obviously care about whatever you are talking about.

"LOL". why do some people have to incorporate that into every god damn text that they write?

LOL, I have no idea, but I could care less.

"I could care less"

The correct phrase is "I couldn't care less". If you could care less, then you obviously care about whatever you are talking about.

"LOL". why do some people have to incorporate that into every god damn text that they write?

Good call. It is utterly meaningless...