Wood ...any news?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its time to draft a new Center and switch Wood to another spot on the line. Perhaps he will be less injury prone if he is not in the middle of every play. The problem is, are there any good centers available in the 3rd round? We still need a OLB (Jones) a QB (another Jones!) and then a Center as we still have Wood while he is healthy, we do not have appropriate OLB or QB play even when those guys are healthy.

Wood has been best at manning the Center position. When he played Right Guard, we sucked because we had a lousy center in Hangatner. Wood must remain @ the Center position and Levitre must not move from his LG position. This line has been settled and we cannot disturb it again.

Wood has been best at manning the Center position. When he played Right Guard, we sucked because we had a lousy center in Hangatner. Wood must remain @ the Center position and Levitre must not move from his LG position. This line has been settled and we cannot disturb it again.

Right on.

I sure hope Wood does not have yet another serious injury. Too bad ... he has a promising career otherwise. Very solid player and potential as a team leader.

I kind of liked Colin Brown when he filled in last year, roadgrinder in the run game, but a little shaky at pass blocking... maybe that has improved? Who filled in yesterday, didn't notice Wood got hurt (btw he is the best center we have had in ages and ages, totally sucks that he is hurt again).

Bu the looks of your avatar, your a huge Wood fan. (Haha) but in all seriousness, your right. He's an amazing Center. Pro-Bowl worthy. But he was no slouch at RG. He's good either way. As I said, IF he goes out for a 3rd season ending leg injury, we will be looking to replace him. If we're not, we should be. 3 times in the last 3 years. This kid defenately has weak leg bones or something. I really don't know. But if we want to minimize his injuries, and maximize his play time, maybe the RG is where he should be.

I don't know where the info came from that he was carted off with his leg immobilized, but Chris Brown was reporting today that he was able to walk off the field.

Linky-poo

Eric Wood left with a knee injury, but walked off.

Walked off the field bit was carted to the lockerroom.

Yes. That might be it. I didn't see him walk off the field but I never saw a cart out there, that's for sure. But he was absolutely 100% carted from the sideline to the locker room with his leg raised and stabilized. He went right by my section in the tunnel side end zone. I wouldn't tell a lie.

Yes. That might be it. I didn't see him walk off the field but I never saw a cart out there, that's for sure. But he was absolutely 100% carted from the sideline to the locker room with his leg raised and stabilized. He went right by my section in the tunnel side end zone. I wouldn't tell a lie.

Got it, thanks!

This doesn't look like the same serious rehab that he's had before. He should have a normal off season and be ready to go next year (if not before this season is over). Guys like Matthew Stafford and Demaryous Thomas looked like injury prone guys that couldn't stay healthy and they are turning that around. Don't give up on Wood yet, he's so good when healthy.

Bu the looks of your avatar, your a huge Wood fan. (Haha) but in all seriousness, your right. He's an amazing Center. Pro-Bowl worthy. But he was no slouch at RG. He's good either way. As I said, IF he goes out for a 3rd season ending leg injury, we will be looking to replace him. If we're not, we should be. 3 times in the last 3 years. This kid defenately has weak leg bones or something. I really don't know. But if we want to minimize his injuries, and maximize his play time, maybe the RG is where he should be.

Actually, I was glad when Poz went elsewhere, as he was brittle in the sense of missed seasons. Apparently Woods is also, so I am not opposed to getting another quslity lineman who can plaly center with a premium draft pick. the all pro Centers never miss a game.

Edited by bigK14094

Actually, I was glad when Poz went elsewhere, as he was brittle in the sense of missed seasons. Apparently Woods is also, so I am not opposed to getting another quslity lineman who can plaly center with a premium draft pick. the all pro Centers never miss a game.

Given that there are 4 games left in the season, I wouldn't be too concerned if he has to miss the rest of the year. There's a difference between a six-week injury and something that keeps him rehabbing throughout the offseason.