Report: Chiefs player commits suicide at Arrowhead after killing girlf

papazoid

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora

KCPD Officer Darin Snapp confirms GM Scott Pioli and Coach Romeo Crennel were outside team facility at the time Chiefs player killed himself

KCPD say the player thanked both men before taking his life, and that Pioli and Crennel did not feel threatened. KCPD not revealing identity

of the player yet to allow time for family notification but team sources say it was LB Jovan Belcher, as reported.

KCPD Officer Darin Snapp confirms GM Scott Pioli and Coach Romeo Crennel were outside team facility at the time Chiefs player killed himself

KCPD say the player thanked both men before taking his life, and that Pioli and Crennel did not feel threatened. KCPD not revealing identity

of the player yet to allow time for family notification but team sources say it was LB Jovan Belcher, as reported.

Wow.

I work in law enforcement. Reasons vary on why people do these crimes. All you theorists need to know is 2 familes will be deep in grief and their lives will be forever changed. Please say a prayer for the surving loved ones, friends and teammates. They will need it.

Reports are still coming in regarding a tragedy involving the Kansas City Chiefs, but here's what we know at this time. Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher shot and killed his girlfriend at a house near the team's facility on Saturday morning. Yahoo Sports' Jeff Passan, who is on scene, confirmed the name of the player after speaking with local police.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-chiefs-player-kills-girlfriend-takes-own-life-154951891--nfl.html

http://m.deadspin.com/5964841/report-kansas-city-chiefs-lb-javon-belcher-killed-his-girlfriend-drove-to-the-chiefs-practice-facility-and-killed-himself-

Lots of fresh details including thanksgiving pics (sad). Deadspins collecting a lot of writers tweets, articles etc... and updating -One commenter claims in college he put his hand through a window and had major injuries because he was mad at a girl. That's obviously a sketchy source but....

Oh, I thought it might be something that foretold today's events.

I just skimmed the first bit but I didn't catch anything like that.

Edited by NoSaint

I work in law enforcement. Reasons vary on why people do these crimes. All you theorists need to know is 2 familes will be deep in grief and their lives will be forever changed. Please say a prayer for the surving loved ones, friends and teammates. They will need it.

Amen brother! Amen!

Crazy that both Crennal and Pioli saw him do it...

One of the most disastrous seasons in the Chiefs history. This was a sinking, rudderless ship before this incident. It was pretty much determined that these men would be gone at season's end.

What a sad slice of life.

I'd say still obviously over simplified in explanation.

Perhaps the straw that broke the camel's back?

Again, just speculation and I won't go farther than that for now.

One of the most disastrous seasons in the Chiefs history. This was a sinking, rudderless ship before this incident. It was pretty much determined that these men would be gone at season's end.

What a sad slice of life.

Perhaps the straw that broke the camel's back?

Again, just speculation and I won't go farther than that for now.

All it said was it was an early AM fight after a late night at a concert. Could be any number of things from there. Obviously for it to escalate like that though, there was a whole lot of gasoline before the match struck this morning. friends reporting they often fought so likely underlying issues between them, and I think it's safe to speculate he wasn't well equipped to deal with problems.

From there, who the knows what happened in the hours before. With mom present for it, it's likely we get a pretty detailed run down soon.