Fitz Killed the Playoff Goose

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The punt coverage team killed the playoff goose yesterday. They gave up 7 and we lost by 7.

And we had 2 tds.....that weren't tds because the wide open WRs were overthrown by our crappy QB that can't throw the deep ball. Perfect play call. Perfect routes, perfect read by the QB. Perfect fitz pass to a wr over 20 yards downfield. Overthrown.

On wait....he can throw the deep ball just fine, he hit Stevie with one Sunday......

And we had 2 tds.....that weren't tds because the wide open WRs were overthrown by our crappy QB that can't throw the deep ball. Perfect play call. Perfect routes, perfect read by the QB. Perfect fitz pass to a wr over 20 yards downfield. Overthrown.

On wait....he can throw the deep ball just fine, he hit Stevie with one Sunday......

This. Fitz is not the answer. Never was. Unfortunately, I don't think we have many options in the draft. Topic for another thread.

The punt coverage team killed the playoff goose yesterday. They gave up 7 and we lost by 7.

:thumbsup: exactly. BUT the INT turned fumble was a net loss of 20 or so yards and ZERO points IIRC.

This. Fitz is not the answer. Never was. Unfortunately, I don't think we have many options in the draft. Topic for another thread.

:thumbsup: exactly. Yet the Bills still don't seem to have an answer in a replacement.

Thanks for the low blow. I believe i started the sentence "If any further proof was needed..."

Try writing a regular column about this team and find ways to keep putting a fresh spin on losing - It's not easy, that's for sure.

Sorry--that was not a low blow. But that same article has been written here in many, many threads by countless posters.

And, really, no futher proof was needed--a suffcient amount has existed since Jim Kelly retired, which was the point of my response.

Sorry--that was not a low blow. But that same article has been written here in many, many threads by countless posters.

And, really, no futher proof was needed--a suffcient amount has existed since Jim Kelly retired, which was the point of my response.

Fair enough. Damn that Jim Kelly for getting old :)

It is one thing to say that Fitz isn't good enough. It is another to replace him with somebody better. Nobody better is available right now and aI don't want Michael Vick, because he is smoke and mirrors. This is a weak draft for quarterbacks, so lets no throw picks down the drain.

It is one thing to say that Fitz isn't good enough. It is another to replace him with somebody better. Nobody better is available right now and aI don't want Michael Vick, because he is smoke and mirrors. This is a weak draft for quarterbacks, so lets no throw picks down the drain.

I believe almost anyone would be better than Fitz. Even his body language says "I don't believe I can do this." He never looks like he's having fun like the really good QB's. It's always head down, shoulders slumped. That doesn't exactly breed confidence in those around you. And that's just a manifestation of how he plays. He doesn't believe he can do it because he can't. I am willing to roll the dice on a decent rookie QB. I am tired of watching this guy and his inability to execute.

What are we gonna do the first 3 rounds then if we can't do that?

Fitz played poorly yesterday as did a lot of people. I'm just baffled why everyone on here is totally ignoring the TD given up by the punt coverage team. It was an abysmal failure and we lost by 7. It is a HUGE contributing factor as to why we lost.

Actually, no its not. Its way at the bottom of the list as to the reasons we lost...in fact, if you take that 7 off the board, we still are not winning as we would still have a tie score. Fitz missed two wide open throws on 2 different drives that should have equaled 14 points. Instead we came away with ZERO points and allowed the Colts to put some points on the board. The defense played more than good enough to win that game, but the biggest contributors to this loss were too much to over come...Fitz and Chan. Fitz missed so many opportunities on that field and Chan ignored (as he does every single week) what this team actually does well which is run the ball. Spiller was going off, yet Chan still refused to feature him and focus on Fitz yet again who is not capable of carrying this team.

This is a running team, yet we dont run? I mean come on. The only thing that Fitz does consistently is prove he can not carry this team, yet Chan still insists on running an offense that requires him to. Those 2 people were by far the biggest contributors to this loss over any other player, unit or coach on that field yesterday and its not even close.

Coming into the season I was a supporter of Chan and hoped this would be the year things started paying dividends on the field. However, I have lost all faith in the coaching staff to play to this teams strengths rather than its weaknesses nor its ability properly manage a game and make the right decisions. Couple that with an inept QB who can't complete passes longer than 10 yards and you got a team that will not ever make the playoffs in a tough division like ours and an overall tough AFC.

Right...Losing that Game had nothing to do with Fitz sucking... :wallbash:

Some of the blind Man-love for Fitz around here is simply amazing to me...Even when is shrouded with the admission that The Bills need a better QB, the man-love still shines through...This is like living in some kind of alternate universe where despite incredible evidence that can be seen with the naked eye, somehow, someway, if somethings were just different elsewhere on this Team, Fitz would be good enough...I just don't get it...And I'm starting wonder if the Fitz lovers actually watch NFL Football where good QB's make plays and do what they have to to get their Teams to victories...Especially in crunch-time...Or do they just watch Fitz and get blinded by his awesome beard? I don't know...It's mind-boggling to me...

Lastly...If we had a better QB this Team could afford a hell of a lot more mistakes in other areas...And generally it does not work the other way around...It may work for a game or two...But generally if your QB is not good enough, you're Picking in the Top 12...Again...Familiar much? B-)

Some of the blind Man-love for Fitz around here is simply amazing to me...Even when is shrouded with the admission that The Bills need a better QB, the man-love still shines through...This is like living in some kind of alternate universe where despite incredible evidence that can be seen with the naked eye, somehow, someway, if somethings were just different elsewhere on this Team, Fitz would be good enough...I just don't get it...And I'm starting wonder if the Fitz lovers actually watch NFL Football where good QB's make plays and do what they have to to get their Teams to victories...Especially in crunch-time...Or do they just watch Fitz and get blinded by his awesome beard? I don't know...It's mind-boggling to me...

So we're only allowed to point out problems with Fitz and Fitz alone? Did you read my post? I said "Fitz played poorly yesterday". He did.

Yeah if Fitz had played better we may have won. But if the punt coverage team had not spotted them 7 points (the difference in the game) we might have been able to get a FG somewhere and won. Or if the D had been able to stop the Colts on 3rd and 17 leaving Stately Wayne Manner ridiculously open we could have stopped that TD drive. Or if Gilmore had not interfered on the 3rd and 10 we could have gotten the ball back. If SJ and DJ had caught the 4 passes that they dropped we would have done better. There's plenty of blame to go around.

Just because a guy points out problem with the game besides Fitz doesn't mean he lives in an alternate universe or has a "man crush", whatever that is.

It is a team game and 11 guys play at a time. It's not all on one guy. Maybe if you suck into that NFL Channel/ESPN "it's a QB league, franchise QB, Tom Brady, it's a passing league, blah blah blah BS" you think the whole game rides on the QBs shoulders. Why do the other guys even suit up?

For the record I'm all for improving the QB position (and all other positions) next year as long as we get someone better.

Edited by reddogblitz

Right...Losing that Game had nothing to do with Fitz sucking... :wallbash:

Lastly...If we had a better QB this Team could afford a hell of a lot more mistakes in other areas...And generally it does not work the other way around...It may work for a game or two...But generally if your QB is not good enough, you're Picking in the Top 12...Again...Familiar much? B-)

I agree: Bills fans live in an altenate universe

What is blatantly obvious to everyone else is controversial here: Fitzpatrick is not good enough

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings

At this point in the season, it is pretty clear who the contenders and pretenders are. The Saints, ranked 15th, have been on fire recently thanks to Brees and the passing game; the 16th rank Vikings have collapsed with the mediocre Ponder at QB. Using the below list, most of the top 16- or top half of QBs- are leading teams that are contenders. The Lions have an awful defense, while the Chargers and Cowboys are teams that just don't know how to win, compounded by weak QB play from otherwise solid QBs.

We're in an era where, thanks to a combination of talent and rules favoring the passing game, most teams have either a serviceable QB or a prospect starting for them. There are, of course, only a few elite QBs, and these are the guys who win Super Bowls, but you don't see Trent Dilfers leading teams anymore. Nor are half the QBs in the league the Todd Collins, Kelly Holcomb journeyman types. It's clear that this team will not win unless it makes an effort to draft a strong quarterback, given how much more critical the passing game has become. We can run Spiller 25 times a game, but that's not going to take us to the Super Bowl. We may not need a Rodgers, but we can't win unless we have, at the least, a Flacco-type.

1) Rodgers

2) P. Manning

3) Brady

4) Brees

5) Roethlisberger

6) Ryan

7) E. Manning

8) Schaub

9) Freeman

10) Flacco

11) Cutler

12) Stafford

13) RGIII

14) Luck

15) Rivers

16) Romo

17) Wilson

18) Dalton

19) Smith

20) Newton

21) Palmer

22) Vick

23) Bradford

24) Fitzpatrick

25) Locker

26) Tannehill

27) Ponder

28) Sanchez

29) Weeden

30) Gabbert

31) Kolb

32) Cassel

Edit: I failed to account for Alex Smith, who I think is a below-average QB, but has one of the best receiving corps, o-lines, and coaching support systems in the league. The 49ers are certainly the exception, and Kaepernick may prove to be a very good player. Either way, they are such a well-run team, and Smith is smart/accurate enough to not lose them games, that they can win without a top-10-15 QB.

Edited by ny33

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings

At this point in the season, it is pretty clear who the contenders and pretenders are. The Saints, ranked 15th, have been on fire recently thanks to Brees and the passing game; the 16th rank Vikings have collapsed with the mediocre Ponder at QB. Using the below list, most of the top 16- or top half of QBs- are leading teams that are contenders. The Lions have an awful defense, while the Chargers and Cowboys are teams that just don't know how to win, compounded by weak QB play from otherwise solid QBs.

We're in an era where, thanks to a combination of talent and rules favoring the passing game, most teams have either a serviceable QB or a prospect starting for them. There are, of course, only a few elite QBs, and these are the guys who win Super Bowls, but you don't see Trent Dilfers leading teams anymore. Nor are half the QBs in the league the Todd Collins, Kelly Holcomb journeyman types. It's clear that this team will not win unless it makes an effort to draft a strong quarterback, given how much more critical the passing game has become. We can run Spiller 25 times a game, but that's not going to take us to the Super Bowl. We may not need a Rodgers, but we can't win unless we have, at the least, a Flacco-type.

1) Rodgers

2) P. Manning

3) Brady

4) Brees

5) Roethlisberger

6) Ryan

7) E. Manning

8) Schaub

9) Freeman

10) Flacco

11) Cutler

12) Stafford

13) RGIII

14) Luck

15) Rivers

16) Romo

17) Wilson

18) Dalton

19) Smith

20) Newton

21) Palmer

22) Vick

23) Bradford

24) Fitzpatrick

25) Locker

26) Tannehill

27) Ponder

28) Sanchez

29) Weeden

30) Gabbert

31) Kolb

32) Cassel

Edit: I failed to account for Alex Smith, who I think is a below-average QB, but has one of the best receiving corps, o-lines, and coaching support systems in the league. The 49ers are certainly the exception, and Kaepernick may prove to be a very good player. Either way, they are such a well-run team, and Smith is smart/accurate enough to not lose them games, that they can win without a top-10-15 QB.

So you just said it's not possible to be successful without an above average QB? And then you post an example of a successful team with an average QB?

Doesn't really add up.

Remember, Sanchez was the Jets QB in 2009 and they made it to the AFC championship.

Patriots were 11-5 with Matt Cassel.

Obviously Sanchez had a great defense to back him up in 09, and solid receivers, while Matt Cassel had a great passing system with great receivers and an average defense.

We have a better chance of being the next 49ers than the next Saints, sorry to say.

So you just said it's not possible to be successful without an above average QB? And then you post an example of a successful team with an average QB?

Doesn't really add up.

Remember, Sanchez was the Jets QB in 2009 and they made it to the AFC championship.

Patriots were 11-5 with Matt Cassel.

Obviously Sanchez had a great defense to back him up in 09, and solid receivers, while Matt Cassel had a great passing system with great receivers and an average defense.

We have a better chance of being the next 49ers than the next Saints, sorry to say.

Again, the 49ers were an exception. The Jets also had a great defense and running game that carried the team. I believe those Jets teams, and the 49ers, are the exception, not the rule.

Trade up and get Barkley or whomever the consensus #1 QB ends up being. Worked out for the 'Skins don't you think?

Barkley, nor any of the quarterbacks in this draft are anything close to RGIII. To me, they are closer to Sanchez. I wouldn't take these guys before the third round.