Fitz Killed the Playoff Goose

this game was on fitz. Anytime you can only put up 13 points against a mediocre defense its on you. The play calling is god awful too whenever we just give the rock to spiller he makes things happen, its very simple. until fitz and chan are both gone nothing is going to happen with this team.

also if you look at RG3 and Luck there teams are not even close to as good as ours the true difference is that they can and their teammates believe that they can beat anyone just because in any particular game their qb can keep them in it. We dont have that in Fitz. No one sais oh well our defense can play like **** but Fitz can keep us in it. All we say is lets just hope fitz doesnt !@#$ this up. Im sick of it. I want a qb that will take this team to the next level. Unfortunately I dont know if outside of Geno Smith that QB exists. I like Barkley as a person but he just wont be a good NFL qb. He could end up being about a Matt Hasselbeck best case. Tyler Wilson has a bunch of upside but he still regressed so I really dont know. All I do know is that I want this carousel to end this year. I want to find our franchise qb once and for all and have the turnaround season we all deserve.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this game was on fitz. Anytime you can only put up 13 points against a mediocre defense its on you. The play calling is god awful too whenever we just give the rock to spiller he makes things happen, its very simple. until fitz and chan are both gone nothing is going to happen with this team.

also if you look at RG3 and Luck there teams are not even close to as good as ours the true difference is that they can and their teammates believe that they can beat anyone just because in any particular game their qb can keep them in it. We dont have that in Fitz. No one sais oh well our defense can play like **** but Fitz can keep us in it. All we say is lets just hope fitz doesnt !@#$ this up. Im sick of it. I want a qb that will take this team to the next level. Unfortunately I dont know if outside of Geno Smith that QB exists. I like Barkley as a person but he just wont be a good NFL qb. He could end up being about a Matt Hasselbeck best case. Tyler Wilson has a bunch of upside but he still regressed so I really dont know. All I do know is that I want this carousel to end this year. I want to find our franchise qb once and for all and have the turnaround season we all deserve.

I wouldn't use a first round pick on Smith or Wilson. I'd rather continue the infusion of talent with Manti Teo.

"If any further proof was needed, yesterday all but cemented the concept that the Bills are lacking in the category of top-tier NFL Quarterback. There were two plays in the game where a competent QB would have put six points on the board with an accurate throw. Ryan Fitzpatrick overthrew both and the Bills came up empty. The difference meant losing the game and losing out on the playoffs – It probably also means that Fitzpatrick will be let go after the season and the Bills next QB will be playing in a bowl game sometime over the next 6 weeks."

http://niagarahub.fa...y/nfl-football/

I forgot to DVR the game (no great loss) so I can't check, but I was pretty sure the CJ Spiller wheel (or was he split?) was a nonplay. I heard whistle even though there was no offensive reaction to the defensive movement and no defender was unabated to Fitz. If true then CJ might have quit his route having heard the whistle. Like I said, I can't check it out but I was rather upset that someone killed what should have been a free play to make something happen and if they had hit it it would have been called back. Anyone see/hear it that way?

I have been a supporter of Fitz on this board and others. I thought he was "good enough" for this team to win and with an average defense we would be winning. No more. Sunday's game has changed that and I see what others have been claiming. Not only is he not "good enough" he is not an NFL QB. On a team coached by Chan Gailey, obviously a pass first coach, this is a horrible match of coach and QB.

Something has to give and either Chan is going to see the light or it will be the darkness of unemployment he will be seeing shortly, with Fitz.

Again, the 49ers were an exception. The Jets also had a great defense and running game that carried the team. I believe those Jets teams, and the 49ers, are the exception, not the rule.

This year. I really think there's a better chance the Bills having a great defense and running game next year to carry us, then the next Peyton Manning.

Right: we can beat the teams with worse QBs, but not the ones with good ones. Swap Fitz with, say, Rivers, and we are probably 7-4 with wins against the Jets, Titans, and Colts.

FWIW, we beat #26, 29, 31, 32 on that list.

I have been a supporter of Fitz on this board and others. I thought he was "good enough" for this team to win and with an average defense we would be winning. No more. Sunday's game has changed that and I see what others have been claiming. Not only is he not "good enough" he is not an NFL QB. On a team coached by Chan Gailey, obviously a pass first coach, this is a horrible match of coach and QB.

Something has to give and either Chan is going to see the light or it will be the darkness of unemployment he will be seeing shortly, with Fitz.

He can see the light all he wants, and probably has. The concept of anyone would be better than Fitzpatrick is what led us to have a revolving door at quarterback for over a decade and get progressively worse.

Does anyone realize that Trent Dilfer was a top ten pick and made the Pro Bowl with Tampa Bay before he went to Baltimore? You don't need a Hall of Fame QB to win the Super Bowl, but he needs to at least have TALENT.

Also, Dilfer was a QB in possibly one of the worst periods of QB play in the NFL. There was a serious lack of overall star power at QB position at that time. Marino, Elway, Young , Aikman had all retired. There was no Brady or Brees yet, and Peyton Manning had not yet ascended to god-status. The top QBs were Favre, young Manning, Rich Gannon, Brian Griese, Elvis Grbac, McNair, Kurt Warner, Jeff Garcia, Dante Culpepper, McNabb.

I forgot to DVR the game (no great loss) so I can't check, but I was pretty sure the CJ Spiller wheel (or was he split?) was a nonplay. I heard whistle even though there was no offensive reaction to the defensive movement and no defender was unabated to Fitz. If true then CJ might have quit his route having heard the whistle. Like I said, I can't check it out but I was rather upset that someone killed what should have been a free play to make something happen and if they had hit it it would have been called back. Anyone see/hear it that way?

No whistle. The play continued and Fitz missed the pass - by a country mile.

Again, the 49ers were an exception. The Jets also had a great defense and running game that carried the team. I believe those Jets teams, and the 49ers, are the exception, not the rule.

The Redskins are not "top 15 team".

Right: we can beat the teams with worse QBs, but not the ones with good ones. Swap Fitz with, say, Rivers, and we are probably 7-4 with wins against the Jets, Titans, and Colts.

Rivers is 4-7 with losses to Cleveland and NO and TB. He has 18 TDs agaisnt 14 ints. He's fumbles 9 times. (Fitz: 4-7, 18 TDs/11 ints, 5 fumbles). Rivers plays with the 10th ranked D (in fact, he plays with a top D every year), Fitz plays with the 26th ranked D. The Bills offense is ranked 17th and Rivers's Offense is ranked 25th. The Bills scored 28 and 34 points against the Jets and the Titans, respectively.

Where do you see Rivers turning things around for the Bills as he is currently playing?

Swap him with Rodgers and we beat everyone!

Rodgers is 7-4 and also lost to the Colts. He was blown out by an slumping Giants team on national TV this week. How do we "beat everyone" with Rodgers?

Have any of our QB cast-offs ever made it as a starter on another team? Do you think anyone else would want Fitz.... Hell no let alone give him a hefty contract. This team has no clue.

I think you have to go all the way back to LaMonica and Harris (unless you count what Collins did late in his career for the Redskins) to find a Bills QB that made a difference for another team.

He didn't quit his route, Fitz just nonchalently overthrew him...to me it look like he just chucked it.