Fitz Killed the Playoff Goose

"If any further proof was needed, yesterday all but cemented the concept that the Bills are lacking in the category of top-tier NFL Quarterback. There were two plays in the game where a competent QB would have put six points on the board with an accurate throw. Ryan Fitzpatrick overthrew both and the Bills came up empty. The difference meant losing the game and losing out on the playoffs – It probably also means that Fitzpatrick will be let go after the season and the Bills next QB will be playing in a bowl game sometime over the next 6 weeks."

http://niagarahub.fatcow.com/category/nfl-football/

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"If any further proof was needed, yesterday all but cemented the concept that the Bills are lacking in the category of top-tier NFL Quarterback. There were two plays in the game where a competent QB would have put six points on the board with an accurate throw. Ryan Fitzpatrick overthrew both and the Bills came up empty. The difference meant losing the game and losing out on the playoffs – It probably also means that Fitzpatrick will be let go after the season and the Bills next QB will be playing in a bowl game sometime over the next 6 weeks."

http://niagarahub.fa...y/nfl-football/

Another nice article! Great job.

I esp concur on Dareus. The guy has put together two back-to-back dominant performances.

The punt coverage team killed the playoff goose yesterday. They gave up 7 and we lost by 7.

The punt return had little to do with losing the game. Down right awful play calling and game strategy, not executing by Fitz, poor o-line play and failure to stop Luck on 3rd downs had everything to do with losing that game. Does anyone really think we would have won the game if we scored to tie it with 2 minutes left? Luck would have walked his team into field goal range and ended it. Why, because they were prepared to win, while we were prepared not to lose.

geez man.....you protect fitz more than Hairston does.

Fitz played poorly yesterday as did a lot of people. I'm just baffled why everyone on here is totally ignoring the TD given up by the punt coverage team. It was an abysmal failure and we lost by 7. It is a HUGE contributing factor as to why we lost.

Fitz played poorly yesterday as did a lot of people. I'm just baffled why everyone on here is totally ignoring the TD given up by the punt coverage team. It was an abysmal failure and we lost by 7. It is a HUGE contributing factor as to why we lost.

If a lot of people played poorly, which i agree they did....it all boils down to poor coaching! Which our own coach even said he himself always make bad calls in games! I blame everyone! Everyone!

Chan Gailey killed the goose, by allowing Fitz to throw in the first place 33 attempts and giving Spiller only 14 carries, one reception =15 touches. Fred Jackson 6 rushes, one reception = 6 touches 21 touches total when Gailey himself stated his RB's should touch the ball 40 times a game.

Gailey killed the goose from the start of the season for not knowing the difference between a good defensive coordinator and Dave Wannstedt.

who knows....it's tiresome pointing fingers every week...at least its all over now......no more fitz vs defense nonsense.....this team as presently constructed is not good enough, guess that is the takeaway.

:beer: drink em up......heres to 2013......draft well buddy

Perhaps you can get excited about the upcoming draft if Nix is still with the Bills. I know I can't

The problem with people defending Fitz is this-

yesterday the Bills played a team very much like themselves. The difference being QB. Luck is good and Fitz is not.

Indy and Buffalo are very comprable on D and much of their O is similar to Buffalo's. I would even argue Buffalo has a better Oline and running backs.

Sorry but the D gave up 13 points. And 3 of that was due to Gailey's horrible play calling just before the half

Who'd have thunk it? The Bills bring David Lee in (who's said to the mechanics guru of QB coaches) and Fitztragic has sucked worse than ever.

At least we knew what we had in Fitz, a competent backup and marginal starter. But Lee, it turns out that he's a fraud and just another marketing gem of Brandon.

Does Chan play on punt coverage? Does he block ? Does he tackle? Does he catch balls? Yea maybe a couple questionable game management decisions but this team is just not good enough yet to compete at a high level.

marketing gem? wait to you see the number of empty seats in the next month. whoops if you live in Buffao you wont.. sorry

Niagrahub has just concluded that we are lacking a "top tier NFL QB"?

Does this publication only come out every 20 years or so?

Thanks for the low blow. I believe i started the sentence "If any further proof was needed..."

Try writing a regular column about this team and find ways to keep putting a fresh spin on losing - It's not easy, that's for sure.

Does Chan play on punt coverage? Does he block ? Does he tackle? Does he catch balls? Yea maybe a couple questionable game management decisions but this team is just not good enough yet to compete at a high level.

marketing gem? wait to you see the number of empty seats in the next month. whoops if you live in Buffao you wont.. sorry

I disagree. Chan is about as uninspirring as you can get. I am not saying i want a head coach with pom pom's on, but jeez show some signs of life.

He is and always has been an OC. He needs a HC like Cowher to fire up the team and get them believing. Chan is an x and o guy. Yesterdays play calling before the half sealed it for me. A HC would have given Chan one pass attempt on first down. When it went incomplete he would have said run it twice and make them use their time outs. We punt the ball back with less then 20seconds. Instead Chan throws it on first and second down. Both incomplete and then runs it. Indy gets the ball back with 53 seconds at almost mid-field. Indy still has a time out left. The Bills were lucky to only give up 3 points. Sorry Chan showed yesterday he is in over his head. Any fan that has been watching NE games long enough knew what to do thier. You think BB would have allowed the other team the same option Chan did? Nope!!

http://niagarahub.fa...y/nfl-football/

Good article, but I can't imagine Godzilla being a wideout. Doesn't he suffer from t-rex arms? Most likely a guard.