I had them at 6-4 at this point in the season

Given all the disappiontment this season has brought to fans, I still had them at 6-4 at this point in the season. I expected them to lose all the games they lost except the opener and the titans game. While that doesn't mean they are as good as I thought, I think some success and momentum can be had in the last weeks of this season. Win those 2 games and there are so many fewer questions about the coaching, game plans, and every other thing that seems to get dissected around here and in the media. I am still not on the wagon though, simply because of the way they lost against really good teams, but I do think there can be some good salvaged from this season, and like it or not, these are the Buffalo Bills we have been presented. There is plenty of talent on the team, and I do believe they can win with these guys, but there is no way this team will be successful with poor efforts, and sloppy play, they are just simply not that talented.

Where did you have the team at this point in the season?

5-5. The Titans game was where it went against my predictions. But I was hoping they could pull off a W in one of the Pats games to get to 6-4.

Same here. Was planning on a big run down the stretch. I was hoping we could have split with New England, but eh, I think we'll end OK.

They "should" probably be 5-5 at this point. The defense failed to make a play in the Titans game, and the offense fell one play short at NE* -- but they caught a break in Arizona with the missed FG.

Get to 9-7, and it will be all about the tiebreakers. The "best" game on the remaining schedule to lose will be either St. Louis or Seattle (out of conference), and that would give the bills a 7-5 conference record.

One at a time, though -- gotta beat Indy next week. Their confidence has to be shaken after the pounding they took yesterday.

They "should" probably be 5-5 at this point. The defense failed to make a play in the Titans game, and the offense fell one play short at NE* -- but they caught a break in Arizona with the missed FG.

Get to 9-7, and it will be all about the tiebreakers. The "best" game on the remaining schedule to lose will be either St. Louis or Seattle (out of conference), and that would give the bills a 7-5 conference record.

One at a time, though -- gotta beat Indy next week. Their confidence has to be shaken after the pounding they took yesterday.

I really hope Wannstedt throws some weird looking blitzes at him. He's a rookie, we need to take advantage of that and not let him have all day.

I don't think anyone expected the Bills defense to be as bad as it has been. Not just bad, but historically bad setting new NFL records for being bad for the first 9 games.

They have started to get better the last few games and pulled themselves out of last place for worst run defense. Currently they have the 27th ranked defense 18th against the pass 31st against the run

If the defense had at least been top 15, I would think the Bills would now be at least 6-4.

I don't think anyone expected the Bills defense to be as bad as it has been. Not just bad, but historically bad setting new NFL records for being bad for the first 9 games.

They have started to get better the last few games and pulled themselves out of last place for worst run defense. Currently they have the 27th ranked defense 18th against the pass 31st against the run

If the defense had at least been top 15, I would think the Bills would now be at least 6-4.

Agreed. For as much as people want to blame Fitz, he's pretty much been Fitz. Up and down. It's the defense that is the LVP this season. Hopefully, they are finally starting to gel.

An interesting stat is...

In the Gailey years...there have been only 3 teams he has beat that had a winning season at/above .500 and they were in 2011!

New England 13-3

Denver 8-8

Philadelphia 8-8

This seems to have become a Bills issue because Jauron had the exact same problem...Dead Dick's record vs. good Teams was just awful if I recall correctly... B-)

Hopefully, they are finally starting to gel.

The good news is they get to play some bad offenses from this point on. Of the teams left on the schedule most of them rank in the bottom third of the league in scoring offense:

Ind - 21st

Jax - 29th

StL - 28th

Sea- 24th

Mia - 26th

NYJ - 23rd

Indy is the most dangerous offense but they also cough up the ball a lot.

To the surprise of some people (not me), McKelvin is a part of this improvement. This is because Williams is galactically bad as a corner back. Need to consider moving him to safety where his cover weakness is less a problem. McKelvin doing the job, read Gailey's comments in this am's paper, in the middle of the Gilmore article.

This seems to have become a Bills issue because Jauron had the exact same problem...Dead Dick's record vs. good Teams was just awful if I recall correctly... B-)

You need talent to beat the good teams

The good news is they get to play some bad offenses from this point on. Of the teams left on the schedule most of them rank in the bottom third of the league in scoring offense:

Ind - 21st

Jax - 29th

StL - 28th

Sea- 24th

Mia - 26th

NYJ - 23rd

Indy is the most dangerous offense but they also cough up the ball a lot.

How is Seattle 24th ranked, when they have a 1000-yard rusher?

You need talent to beat the good teams

How is Seattle 24th ranked, when they have a 1000-yard rusher?

I'm talking scoring offense, not yardage. Of course, Seattle is even worse in terms of yardage ranked 26th. And they rank that low because their passing attack is the worst in the league.

Yea, most would agree defense was supposed to carry their weight this year. Especially the D-Line, surprising how the safety's Byrd excluded fell off the planet. Linebackers we kind of a expected weakness but Barnett has disappeared He's done. Ditto George Wilson at safety. 6-4 was about right for most peoples expectations, the QB plays exactly like expected. Mediocre at best and in no way clutch.

Gilmore for the most part has been disappointing considering his draft slot. really no dazzling what it could be type play yet. I think he has zero int's 10 games in. He should come around though. They need a huge defensive draft by a good talent evaluator IMO. Nix wouldn't be my first choice in the 2013 draft, scouting, picks, whatever. His drafts have sucked.

I really hope Wannstedt throws some weird looking blitzes at him. He's a rookie, we need to take advantage of that and not let him have all day.

I dont know, he doesnt play like a rookie.

I was really looking at the Jets game to define us for the season. Division rival two fer and all that.

And wishing the win..

Pressure the pocket with Luck. I dont think he gets rattled easy or fooled much. Kids good.