Ralph is mad that the Bills are losing

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read the article posted on TBD, that Ralph told Gailey that he is not happy that the Bills are losing. So, does this mean that if the Bills bottom out and finishes 6-10 (or worse) does Ralph tell Nix to fire Gailey (contrary to what Nix said last week), does Ralph fire Nix, or does nothing happen?

You would think so seeing as he has fired winning coaches in the past . And could this come with the thought that Pollian said he is looking forward to getting back into the NFL & he & Ralph may have talked after his induction to the wall of fame at the Ralph ??

Along with Ralph wants to go out with a winning team & Pollian was the only one to bring that with any consistency !!

Just throwing it out there !!

Bill Polian is the final answer. He will find the right coaches, draft the right players, and take the team to the superbowl again. There is no reason to believe Nix can do it because he has not done it anywhere else. Stop beating around the bush!

Polian would be an excellent choice to span the gap from old ownership to new. He would command respect from both and protect the work in progress. I love the choice and what a fitting end to an amazing career for him: bringing the Lombardi to Buffalo!

Dreaming is free...

Edited by filthymcnasty08

Polian would be an excellent choice to span the gap from old ownership to new. He would command respect from both and protect the work in progress. I love the choice and what a fitting end to an amazing career for him: bringing the Lombardi to Buffalo!

Dreaming is free...

Dreaming is free, and sometimes futile, silly, and boring. polian is not coming back to this loser franchise. This Polian BS is annoying since he has NO interest in Buffalo anymore after Wilson crapped on him. Wall of fame or not he knows this franchise as well as any other employee who got canned by a meddling loser owner.

Edited by Best Player Available

Classic misqoute from the media...

that the cryptkeeper cares. As the proper businessman he feigns disgust at the inferior product to keep the investors from panicking and the stock price from taking too much of a hit. No one said he wasn't a good businessman, he just isn't a good owner.

Remember the old saying "the south will rise again"?

Well it has, only in Buffalo!

We have 2 of the dumbest redneck, do-diddle, hapless clowns that run our organization. These guys need to be shown the door.

They are not leaders of young men. We need a competent football general as a coach, and we need a high IQ executive who understands the draft & free agency, and how to work over Littman & Brandon.

Doling out huge sums of money for mediocre talent, and putting franchise QB level money on a defensive end when you don't have one is insane.

Totally agree. I'd rather have that retarded guy from "Sling Blade" running things than either of those two. -Least he had the balls to do what had to be done.

Edited by #34fan

I agree Cowher is unlikely to come. If he did, I think he'd have his choice of almost any DC he wanted so I'm not too worried about the game passing him. But my passion/optimism that this, or something similar could happen is the thing that keeps me going. Plus, it saves Ralph from having to do the work himself. Find someone like Cowher (or Gruden) that knows a lot of NFL people and that ppl would want to work for, and let them be GM/Coach, whatever and hire people around them.

perhaps he brings back Polian. Since he let him on the Wall. Bring him back!!

Cowher could be motivated if the price is right.

Yeah, to the Polian idea also!

You would think so seeing as he has fired winning coaches in the past . And could this come with the thought that Pollian said he is looking forward to getting back into the NFL & he & Ralph may have talked after his induction to the wall of fame at the Ralph ??

Along with Ralph wants to go out with a winning team & Pollian was the only one to bring that with any consistency !!

Just throwing it out there !!

Agree 100% Polian knows you can't win without a franchise QB. I'm all for Polian coming back and resurrecting the Bills once again!

ralph would probably hire Polian. He is in the right age bracket for people Ralph likes to work with.

I am not so sure Polian has the same 'pull' he use to have. I also wonder if Polian has the same understanding of players as he once did.

Personally i would rather turn things over to Whaley. It is time. I wish Ralph would give him total control of the team much like Blank did in Atl to Dimitroff. Nix could stay on in a much reduced role, like Rich McKay did in Atl. Become president of football operations.

The model is right there for Buffalo to follow and it was done 4 years ago here in Atl.

polian is not coming back to this loser franchise. This Polian BS is annoying since he has NO interest in Buffalo anymore after Wilson crapped on him.

Wondering what evidence you're basing this on. Recent radio interviews indicate that both Polian and his family look back on their time in Buffalo very fondly and highly emotionally. And also that he wants back into the NFL, if I recall correctly.

If you think Ralph hasn't had this thought cross your mind, I'd very much disagree.

Buddy Nix is an excellent head scout, but the bottom line is that someone more knowledgeable should be making the draft choices. Lets not forget that Buddy Nix in one of his first pressers announced he wasn't the smartest guy in the room, and that was a room filled with media types.

There are exceptions to every rule, but I've lived in several places, including the South - - if a Southern man tells a room full of Yankees in a heavy drawl that he ain't the smartest guy in the room - - odds are he is.

At least, that's what my middle brother Darryl thinks.

Dreaming is free...

If Polian can get the #1 overall picks like he did with Bruce Smith and Peyton Manning, by all means, bring him in. However if he builds a one man team that goes 2-14 without that one player, please pass.

Wilson has said this type of thing many times before. Until we get a REAL OWNER in here, it's not going to matter.

As far as Nix, he's been quite terrible as far as the draft is concerned. He's missed on way too many people.

fixed

no i'm not

If you have some kind of first-hand knowledge of the situation that undermines what I've been told, feel free to PM and let me know...

Until then, you can either choose to take me at my word (as I have no reason to lie), or not.

Either way, yes, you are wrong. Wilson is well aware of what goes on with the team.

Man, this is really a LARGE part/reflection of Wilson's legacy.....

'Knox was a savior of sorts when he coached the Bills to their first win over Miami in 11 years and won the division. He did a weekly TV segment with News10NBC and actually made predictions. Can you imagine an NFL coach doing that today?' http://www.whec.com/...9.shtml?cat=571

Can you imagine going a decade at a time with no wins or a measly 1-3 wins Against a team in your OWN DIVISION ...............and Multiple times???? ( see New England vs Bills ).

Ralph's overall record as owner of the Bills is abysmal. :wallbash:

I guess he proves the theory that a even a broken clock can be right twice a decade.

Edited by Cville Bills

If Polian can get the #1 overall picks like he did with Bruce Smith and Peyton Manning, by all means, bring him in. However if he builds a one man team that goes 2-14 without that one player, please pass.

How then did Polian rebuild Carolina so quickly? The man's rebuilt three franchises in the span of 20 years. That's no fluke, it's a trend.

If you have some kind of first-hand knowledge of the situation that undermines what I've been told, feel free to PM and let me know...

Until then, you can either choose to take me at my word (as I have no reason to lie), or not.

Either way, yes, you are wrong. Wilson is well aware of what goes on with the team.

just because you imply that you have secret knowledge doesn't mean anything

it's the internet, lots of people do that

anyone that has seen wilson speak in the last couple years can use some common sense

Man, this is really a LARGE part/reflection of Wilson's legacy.....

'Knox was a savior of sorts when he coached the Bills to their first win over Miami in 11 years and won the division. He did a weekly TV segment with News10NBC and actually made predictions. Can you imagine an NFL coach doing that today?' http://www.whec.com/...9.shtml?cat=571

Can you imagine going a decade at a time with no wins or a measly 1-3 wins Against a team in your OWN DIVISION ...............and Multiple times???? ( see New England vs Bills ).

Ralph's overall record as owner of the Bills is abysmal. :wallbash:

I guess he proves the theory that a even a broken clock can be right twice a decade.

More like it disproves it.

Yea, there were other decades besides 2000-2012 that this owner didn't shiv a git if his team won or not. The entire decade of the 70's the Bills NEVER beat Don Schula's Dolphins, not once. You know that 72 undefeated season for Miami, the Bills came closest to beating them by a missed field goal.

Probably the reason OJ had so much pent up hostility, the Bills never made the playoffs his entire career in Buffalo despite them having the best RB in the NFL. 6x pro bowler, 4x NFL rushing champ. :doh:

When Chuck Knox first came to Buffalo the Bills couldn't even hold a pre season game because nobody would buy tickets. Anyway, Chuck Knox was a miracle working for the Bills and Ralph Wilson let him walk once his team was winning and his stadium was filled again.

If Bills fans EVER want a winning team again in Buffalo they need to stop wasting their money on an inferior product. History has shown that the ONLY time this owner coughed up the dough for a top head coach was when fans stopped buying season tickets. As long as games keep selling out... so will this owner,as profit is his primary goal, and always has been.

just because you imply that you have secret knowledge doesn't mean anything

it's the internet, lots of people do that

anyone that has seen wilson speak in the last couple years can use some common sense

I'm not implying anything secret at all. It can hardly be considered a secret if I'm flat-out telling you, so your statement confounds me.

As I said, you can choose to believe me or not. I have no reason to lie, as I have no vested interest in Wilson's mental state, other than having a level of humanitarian compassion for someone 94-years old.

You seem to be equating communicability with mental awareness, which is presumptive at best. As anyone who knows a stroke victim can tell you, they're not correlary. Just because he doesn't orate as well from a podium doesn't mean he doesn't know what's going on perfectly well.

I can tell you from first-hand knowledge of people that I trust that Wilson remains quite mentally aware, whether you want to believe it or not. His issue in running this team is the same as it has always been: poor decision making. It's not an issue of age or mental accuity; he's just not a good football-team evaluator.

The entire decade of the 70's the Bills NEVER beat Don Schula's Dolphins, not once. You know that 72 undefeated season for Miami, the Bills came closest to beating them by a missed field goal.

Probably the reason OJ had so much pent up hostility, the Bills never made the playoffs his entire career in Buffalo despite them having the best RB in the NFL. 6x pro bowler, 4x NFL rushing champ.

:doh:

Just to set the record straight, OJ did go to the playoffs with the Bills.

More like it disproves it.

Yea, there were other decades besides 2000-2012 that this owner didn't shiv a git if his team won or not. The entire decade of the 70's the Bills NEVER beat Don Schula's Dolphins, not once. You know that 72 undefeated season for Miami, the Bills came closest to beating them by a missed field goal.

Probably the reason OJ had so much pent up hostility, the Bills never made the playoffs his entire career in Buffalo despite them having the best RB in the NFL. 6x pro bowler, 4x NFL rushing champ. :doh:

When Chuck Knox first came to Buffalo the Bills couldn't even hold a pre season game because nobody would buy tickets. Anyway, Chuck Knox was a miracle working for the Bills and Ralph Wilson let him walk once his team was winning and his stadium was filled again.

If Bills fans EVER want a winning team again in Buffalo they need to stop wasting their money on an inferior product. History has shown that the ONLY time this owner coughed up the dough for a top head coach was when fans stopped buying season tickets. As long as games keep selling out... so will this owner,as profit is his primary goal, and always has been.

Hey, I am agreeing with you (That is allowed on this board - hahhaha).

Ralph has basically proven he is a losing owner. Unless he lives to 110, there is no way he approaches a record over .500 for his career as an NFL owner.

What I meant was the good times (ie the late 90's) were more of a case of him being lucky (ie a broken clock), then him being good.

Now he's mad. This is a stupid original thread only because for those who have paid attention the last 15 years know that Ralph has been mad most of the time....because we have been losing.

The problem is: Ralph being mad doesn't mean there is something good on the horizon.

Good Times. Go Bills.

In a vacuum, I want everyone fired.

In reality, we don't have any better options. No one in their right mind would coach here.

I agree about everyone being fired. But, I don't agree with no one would want to coach here....We have a decent, young OL, good RunningBacks,etc....But, we lack a franchise QB and no linebackers to speak of....I think the enticement of bringing a coach here starts at QB.....

I'm not implying anything secret at all. It can hardly be considered a secret if I'm flat-out telling you, so your statement confounds me.

As I said, you can choose to believe me or not. I have no reason to lie, as I have no vested interest in Wilson's mental state, other than having a level of humanitarian compassion for someone 94-years old.

You seem to be equating communicability with mental awareness, which is presumptive at best. As anyone who knows a stroke victim can tell you, they're not correlary. Just because he doesn't orate as well from a podium doesn't mean he doesn't know what's going on perfectly well.

I can tell you from first-hand knowledge of people that I trust that Wilson remains quite mentally aware, whether you want to believe it or not. His issue in running this team is the same as it has always been: poor decision making. It's not an issue of age or mental accuity; he's just not a good football-team evaluator.

and i can tell you that no one that is 94 is good at anything

maybe there is some semblance of awareness behind those foggy eyes, but c'mon

no one in their 90s has been at the pinnacle of anything

if a 60yo ralph was a bad decision maker, a 94yo ralph is inherently much much worse

but keep on with it brah! first hand knowledge lol - 94 and smart as a whip!

if a 60yo ralph was a bad decision maker, a 94yo ralph is inherently much much worse

I can tell you that it was noted in this forum that Wilson speaks with Buddy Nix on the phone every day, that in itself takes great awareness. Now Wilson just recently spoke with Gailey on the phone letting him know he wasn't happy with the current situation.

So, my take is Ralph Wilson is cognizant enough to understand that Buddy Nix just gave his old friend Chan an endorsement for the length of his contract (2 more years thru 2014) And now Ralph Wilson being the cantankerous curmudgeon that he is just squashed that endorsement by directly letting Gailey know he isn't happy!! Way to go Ralph !! :worthy:

If the losing persists I can only go forward thinking that at some point this season both the good ole boy connection will be canned (Cooter & Boss Hogg) I'm thinking 3-8 should do it. Rookie QB Andrew Luck lighting up the Bills secondary for 3 TD's in a 31 -10 Bills loss should send them both on their way.

Hopefully booger, (Wannstoge) gets sent to that place already occupied by Jimmy Hoffa, that :censored: er

Edited by Fear the Beard

As long as Ralph is the owner, nothing will change. We aren't going to get a big name coach and/or GM. No one will want to come here with ownership a big question mark, they know whenever ownership changes the GM and Coach are usually sent packing. We are stuck with this for the foreseeable future.

This can't be said often enough. Until there's a new owner, we'll be stuck with sub-replacement-level talent in the front office and on the sidelines. Once there's a new owner, either the team will move, or we'll once again be able to attract at least decent GM/coaching candidates.

Once you accept that, it's a lot easier to deal with the ongoing mediocrity stew.

Strongly disagree. My Grandmother, now 91, still bakes a great apple pie.