A few KEY plays that lost us this game...

1. False start by Levitre in the 2nd quarter when we were in the red zone.

2. Missed FG

3. 1st Quarter, 3rd and short/1yd and CJ is stuffed.

4. Drop by chandler on the 1st drive of the 3rd Quarter.

5. Drop by SJ on 3rd down and 2 in 3rd quarter (huge non-conversion here..tough catch, but he's our #1) - settled for 3.

6. Chandler 2nd drop in 4th quarter to pretty much seal it.

7. Fitz fumble was icing on the cake.

Had some of those plays been converted this game could've been different..but they weren't. We're just not as good as the Texans and we deserved to lose.

PS...CAN WE !@#$ING STOP RUNNING THE WILDCAT? It's worthless and hasn't done anything for us all year long other than create turnovers or negative yardage. Just STOP IT. There were two drives this game where the offense is driving and then Gailey goes to the wildcat. WHY???

I agree with your points. Nice to see a well thought out post that just doesn't blame it all on Gailey or Fitz! Getting really sick of the consistent oversimplification from most of the posters in here these days...

Lol yeah because your starting QB and HC aren't instrumental to whole game plan and what takes place.

5. Drop by SJ on 3rd down and 2 in 3rd quarter (huge non-conversion here..tough catch, but he's our #1) - settled for 3.

I love Chandler, but those drops were crucial, he is usually reliable so I hope this was just a bad day for him.

Stevie has no excuse on that dropped ball. He had it in his hands. A #1 WR has to make that catch.

As for Spiller getting stuffed, I did not like that play call. It was 3rd & less than a yard, why not run a QB sneak? Instead they hand the ball off to to C.J., who was a good 5 yards in the backfield. Terrible play call on that one.

Add our inability (or refusal) to get the run game going and I'm with ya! That Wildcat has to go for sure - they KNOW it's a run...

Everyone in the Shoutbox was freaking over the three passing plays in a row to start the second half. If Chandler catches that first one, the point is moot. Granted, they could / should have run on second down, but had we run on third and 10, people would have still freaked!

don't agree with the levitre, spiller getting stuffed or fitz fumbling in the last drive(that did not impact the outcome of the game one bit)...

chandler should be ashamed, can't remember the SJ drop, but Chandler was very disappointing....plus lets not forget we had one good interception opportunity dropped....but none of that matters if your defense can't stop 3rd and long several times...

i was very disappointed with the decision of the final punt and the field goal over the 4th and short. those are times where you really have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

The field goal on fourth and short was very frustrating. Yes, you're on the road, it's hard to score points... but seems like Chan was playing "not to lose" rather than to win.

i was very disappointed with the decision of the final punt and the field goal over the 4th and short. those are times where you really have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

completely agree with you...on the road against a better team, show some balls and go for it. the bills aren't going to beat the Texans by kicking FGs

Edited by bobobonators

Hang on, u guys talking about that FG late in Q2 that got the Bills their first points?

That was absolutely the right call IMO. Take the 3 and get the ball to start Q3. It actually worked out even better than Gailey could have planned as they were able to snake yet another 3 out before the half. No problem with that decision at all.

I love Spiller but why run him on 3rd and 1? That should have been FJ's run. The drops killed them today. The offense never was explosive but without the drops everything was clicking. Huge momentum killers. The missed FG was brutal too.

don't agree with the levitre, spiller getting stuffed or fitz fumbling in the last drive(that did not impact the outcome of the game one bit)...

chandler should be ashamed, can't remember the SJ drop, but Chandler was very disappointing....plus lets not forget we had one good interception opportunity dropped....but none of that matters if your defense can't stop 3rd and long several times...

A third down slant pattern hit and Fitz put it exactly where it was supposed to be. It hit him in hans/shoulders. Great route that would have been a first down catch.

They need to fake that slant and have Stevie break back up the sideline. He will have 5 steps on the DB if Fitz makes a good hard fake.

I love Spiller but why run him on 3rd and 1? That should have been FJ's run. The drops killed them today. The offense never was explosive but without the drops everything was clicking. Huge momentum killers. The missed FG was brutal too.

A third down slant pattern hit and Fitz put it exactly where it was supposed to be. It hit him in hans/shoulders. Great route that would have been a first down catch.

They need to fake that slant and have Stevie break back up the sideline. He will have 5 steps on the DB if Fitz makes a good hard fake.

ya, that one

Spiller- 6 carries.

Jackson- 6 carries.

'Nuff said.

Spiller is one of the most dynamic players in the league, get him the effing ball.

Also...can we ever run a power running set? Or do all of our runs have to be shotgun draws?

Edited by Wooderson

Spiller- 6 carries.

Jackson- 6 carries.

'Nuff said.

Spiller is one of the most dynamic players in the league, get him the effing ball.

Also...can we ever run a power running set? Or do all of our runs have to be shotgun draws?

I agree completely. We finally have big guys on the OL, and we can't run a two-TE set and freaking impose our will? The failure to give CJ more than six carries in this game is unconscionable.

This is more apparent and aggravating every week. Every time Spiller gets the ball...Buffalo has a 'chance' to score. You can't say that about many players in this league. He is averaging 'almost' as many yards per carry (7.2 ypc) as he is attempts per game (9.8). That's nuts.

Fred is a great story, a very good player, and seemingly good human being. But he's not 'one of the most dynamic players in the league.' Use him as the 'relief pitcher' and short yardage guy. Spiller has to see the field a lot more than he is.

Edited by BillsFanM.D.

This is more apparent and aggravating every week. Every time Spiller gets the ball...Buffalo has a 'chance' to score. You can't say that about many players in this league. He is averaging 'almost' as many yards per carry (7.2 ypc) as he is attempts per game (9.8). That's nuts.

Fred is a great story, a very good player, and seemingly good human being. But he's not 'one of the most dynamic players in the league.' Use him as the 'relief pitcher' and short yardage guy. Spiller has to see the field a lot more than he is.

i agree. i love fred and everything he's done for us. he's a great story but to me it's so simple what we have to do that it's beyond obvious:

1. CJ should be our feature back with Freddy giving him timely rests

2. Any short yardage, give the ball to freddy more often than not.

you can still have both on the field at the same time in certain packages but CJ should be taking the majority of the workload.

This game was lost at the coin flip.

Gailey, again, appears completely surprised that defenses but all 11 in the box and dare Fitz to complete a pass over 8 yards. How about a deep ball to get the Texans thinking about something behind them!!!

Outcoached. Overwhelmed by better talent. You are kidding yourself if you thought any one play made a difference.

1. False start by Levitre in the 2nd quarter when we were in the red zone.

2. Missed FG

7. Fitz fumble was icing on the cake.

Had some of those plays been converted this game could've been different..but they weren't. We're just not as good as the Texans and we deserved to lose.

PS...CAN WE !@#$ING STOP RUNNING THE WILDCAT? It's worthless and hasn't done anything for us all year long other than create turnovers or negative yardage. Just STOP IT. There were two drives this game where the offense is driving and then Gailey goes to the wildcat. WHY???

Kelvin....that you? If you watch the game with a Texans eye on it, how many "missed" plays on their part kept this fropm being a blowout? Good teams don't make the hand full of mistakes we do - and when they do, theyr either lose, or are good enough to overcome....

This game was lost at the coin flip.

Gailey, again, appears completely surprised that defenses but all 11 in the box and dare Fitz to complete a pass over 8 yards. How about a deep ball to get the Texans thinking about something behind them!!!

Outcoached. Overwhelmed by better talent. You are kidding yourself if you thought any one play made a difference.

lets be fair - it was 7-6 in the 3rd quarter.

At one point in the game there was a 2nd and 1 I believe. To me, this is an obvious running down which they did and lost a yard or ended up even. Now they are 3rd and 1 and tried a 9 yard pass that was incomplete. I'm not saying that on every second and short they should but that to me is the down where you pull out any kind of play-action pass. It seems like the play-action plays in the playbook have been completely ripped out and replaced with the wildcat.

Without any possibility of a big play in the passing game, the O needs to literally be perfect to have a chance. Especially when Chan takes the RBs out of the game.

Any drops/negative yardarge kill any drive since Fitz can throw past 5 yards. I will give him a pass on some of those drops, his receivers didn't give him any help at all.