Packers may be interested in trading for Jackson...

Buftex

just when I thought we were getting a great player, Freddy for Jordy Nelson would be a good trade.

Steven Jackson on the packers would be scary.

Even if it was Fred Jackson there's no way the Packers would offer Jordy Nelson. Probably more like a 3rd or 4th round pick.

just when I thought we were getting a great player, Freddy for Jordy Nelson would be a good trade.

Good for us, certainly. And I mean that with all respect to Fredex.

Not happening

Scary in what way? When was the last time Green Bay had a good run blocking OL? .

MMmmm, that would be.....2nd half of this year's Seattle game

MMmmm, that would be.....2nd half of this year's Seattle game

I watched that now infamous game. Cedric Benson had a few nice runs. But for a lot of the game he went nowhere or lost yards. Hence his awesome game totals of 17 rushes for 45 yards. This adds up to 2.6 ypc. That is indeed impressive--in terms of run futility lol.

Would love this move. I've met Steven Jackson a few times in my life when I lived in Vegas. He used to come into my resturaunt/bar all the time. Even have an official NFL ball signed by him. I'm hoping he gets better with a rockin team. He is truly one of nicest athletes I've ever met in my life. Prolly #1 if I had to list them all. Great guy, he deserves to be on a winner. With Rodgers being the master of that offense his wear and tear should go down and his value and longevity should go up. Here's to hoping he makes the HOF and my ball is worth a ton of cash.

Would love this move. I've met Steven Jackson a few times in my life when I lived in Vegas. He used to come into my resturaunt/bar all the time. Even have an official NFL ball signed by him. I'm hoping he gets better with a rockin team. He is truly one of nicest athletes I've ever met in my life. Prolly #1 if I had to list them all. Great guy, he deserves to be on a winner. With Rodgers being the master of that offense his wear and tear should go down and his value and longevity should go up. Here's to hoping he makes the HOF and my ball is worth a ton of cash.

Only thing I would worry about, from Steve Jackson, and the Packers POV, they really haven't had a reliable running game since Rodgers has been the starting QB (maybe before) and won a ton of games without...when they spent the early part of this season trying to establish their running game, they weren't quite as dominant..now, that could be because all their running backs have sucked, or it could just be something inherent in the offense that they seem most comfortable in running. Would be cool though, I agree, to see Jackson end up with a team that has a chance to do something...he is one of those "superstar" caliber guys who has spent most of his peak years toling in obscurity, on bad football teams...and, as you say, seems like a good guy.

Steven Jackson on the packers would be scary.

This is like Costanza thinking he found a way to get Bonds and Griffey, it wouldn't cost the Yankees that much........