Rob Ryan, the next head coach of the buffalo bills.

defensive coordinator for the cowboys the #4 defense in the league. defense runs in the Ryan family. Would be a great story line for the AFC east with Rex vs. Rob. I trust him with the keys to the team. make our defense a top 5 and lets run the ball. he has also voiced his want to be a head coach. He must find a good offensive coordinator though. I would hate to regress on offense once again.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way..not with the current owner in place. Honestly, I have had enough of the Ryans... Rob, Rex, Buddy and Paul!

I'd buy him a bucket of LaNova wings and a cheese & pepp pizza just to come interview.

Oh my god...this made me home sick...why did you say this?

As an armchair Bills GM, I think he would make a great candidate.

He has Toronto ties, "Buddy and Doris Ryan divorced in 1966, and the Ryan boys moved to Canada for eight years while their mom worked for the University of Toronto. But football was never far from the minds of Buddy's twins, Rex and Rob, even after they were kicked off their football team because they hit too hard." from an article from Elizabeth Merrill in 2010.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2009/columns/story?page=hotread19/rexryan

I'd buy him a bucket of LaNova wings and a cheese & pepp pizza just to come interview.

I'll buy a pitcher of Labatt

I hate the Ryan's. More than anything I hate Rex. It would be awesome to get Rob in here to vow to stick it to his foot loving brother for years to come.

ditto

I would love it. I think Rex Ryan is good for the game...having his brother as coach of the Bills would be awesome. Gotta figure the NFL would love having that, as well. I don't think it'll happen, but I"d welcome it for sure.

One thing is for sure, this team has needed an ass-kicker for a HC for many, many years now to set the tone & get everyone in-line (and not a clown like GW either). I don't know if Rob Ryan is the one, maybe he is... but that would be a step in the right direction, maybe the new regime will make it happen.

Edited by Rico

One thing is for sure, this team has needed an ass-kicker for a HC for many, many years now to set the tone & get everyone in-line (and not a clown like GW either). I don't know if Rob Ryan is the one, maybe he is... but that would be a step in the right direction, maybe the new regime will make it happen.

His players seem to respond to him as a DC, that's partly why I think he'd be a good choice. I just think he'd get some things done around here and he sure as hell wouldn't tolerate players giving half-assed efforts on defense.

His players seem to respond to him as a DC, that's partly why I think he'd be a good choice. I just think he'd get some things done around here and he sure as hell wouldn't tolerate players giving half-assed efforts on defense.

I agree.

Sadly, I like Chan. But, like the other coaches before...there comes a time where they lose the team. I'm wondering when/where he lost this team. The defense gave half-assesed efforts last year as well.

Rob Ryan has a tough attitude this team needs.

Edited by KollegeStudnet

This would be awesome. This team needs attitude, but he would want to bring a 3-4 with him i'm sure.

at least e knows how to run one. Wade had Marrio play OLB and he got 5 sacks in 5 games maybe he needs to be away from the Tackles to make plays.

We could easily switch to a 34 if we draft the guys in my sig except change out the linbacker for 34 end Like Dave Kruger from Utah 6'6" 300 put dareus on nose and Kyle at the other end and Barrnett to the middle wwe would be all set

DE Kyle

NT Dareus

DE Kruger

OLB Mario/ Simon

ILB Barrnett

ILB Bradham

OLB Werner

he also doesn't seem boisterous as Rex, so he could be the right balance of attitude and ego

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

No. We don't need an obnoxious, blowhard buffoon of a coach to comete with the same thing in NY. Rex Ryan is making a mess of his team, and his brother is of the same ilk. Not a great idea, bro.

Sometimes I think people like coaches just because they are obnoxious and get lots of face time on TV for being obnoxious.

defensive coordinator for the cowboys the #4 defense in the league. defense runs in the Ryan family. Would be a great story line for the AFC east with Rex vs. Rob. I trust him with the keys to the team. make our defense a top 5 and lets run the ball. he has also voiced his want to be a head coach. He must find a good offensive coordinator though. I would hate to regress on offense once again.

This is a genius idea.

Therefore it will never happen.

However this is the ideal candidate. An experienced D-Co with a pedigree.

Not to mention when Rex gets **** canned in the off-season he can be Rob's D-Co for a year and stick it to the Jersey Jests.

A boy can dream . . .

No. We don't need an obnoxious, blowhard buffoon of a coach to comete with the same thing in NY. Rex Ryan is making a mess of his team, and his brother is of the same ilk. Not a great idea, bro.

Sometimes I think people like coaches just because they are obnoxious and get lots of face time on TV for being obnoxious.

Can you please give specific examples of Rob Ryan being obnoxious and a blow hard?

Edited by Why So Serious?

I hate how we knee jerk around.

Tampa 2 is too passive must go 34

Don't have 34 personnel quick back to 43

Don't have 43 lbs and the coordinator is quiet

Quick to a loud 34 coordinator

The big reason our d sucks is no continuity. It especially hits the line backing group. Lets find some good 43 guys. Look at the giants, Vikings, bears staffs for example.

Edited by NoSaint