Tonights cage match, Romney vs Obama 3

Whose arguing? We are all just making observations...except OC...nobody knows what his point is! :lol:

Hey, if your too dim to see what happened here...that's no my problem. Romney took away "Romney = Bush", one only had to watch the befuddlement of MSNBC after the debate, for proof of this.

Their whole package of why "Romney = Bush", "let's have this paid Lt. Colonel come on and tell us why Romney = Bush", "let's discuss the serious implications of Romney taking us to war in Iran...because this is serious, and every American must take this seriously" :lol:....all of it, their entire 2 weeks of programming....

...is gone. They can't scare us with Romneywar anymore.

So by largely embracing and expanding Bush's foreign policy over the last 4 years, Obama won the debate on foreign policy?

Does that capture it?

Hehe...Romney hit Obama hard in the first few rounds, and then just hugged him the rest of the way. There was no space for Obama to get in a punch.

Then Obama, again, tried to expand the debate into schools(in a foreign policy debate?) and all kinds of tangents. Romney, rather than taking a few shots that were open, stuck to the gameplan, and kept clinging to Obama, not letting him make any real points.

Now, the Democrats here, and certainly on TV, are crying because the Romney strategy worked. He got what he wanted: no chance of Obama changing the trajectory of this race.

Obama is polling at 47%. If he's still polling below 50...even if he is leading, in any poll. He loses. Period.

Romney, correctly, did nothing to change that.

Consider: If Romney was calling the plays at the end of the game yesterday: we would have won.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

By lying...you, who shrills on about leadership, yadda, yadda should be so proud!

I didn't catch the debate tonight. I had more important things to do line watch the Giants crush the Cardinals. But could you recap for me the two or three biggest lies Romney told tonight and explain why they are lies.

Of course, over the next two weeks there is going to be lots of money spent to point out that Romney has changed his foreign policy stance on numerous issues over just the course of these three debates.

Which beats the hell out of two weeks of "Romenywar!" and "Romney = Bush!"

Nobody is going to care about the mumbling bumble!@#$ "he changed that policy from 2 years ago when he said, at this place, but then..."

STFU...is what people will be saying back to that ad.

"Romney = war" might have had a chance of getting them to pay attention. Now, it has no chance.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I didn't catch the debate tonight. I had more important things to do line watch the Giants crush the Cardinals. But could you recap for me the two or three biggest lies Romney told tonight and explain why they are lies.

If you didn't care enough to watch, you are obviously just here to troll for an argument....watch it yourself!

If you didn't care enough to watch, you are obviously just here to troll for an argument....watch it yourself!

See Chef? The loss of "Romney = Bush = War" is beginning to sink in.

Feel the anger...and the frustration.

It just took Buftex longer to get it, because he hasn't spent the last 4 days basing all his plans on it, like MSNBC people had.

:lol:

The first 10 minutes of MSNBC post-debate was hilarious.

I was a little surprised by Bob Schiefer. I thought he asked good questions and then got out of the way of the 2 candidates. I'd be expecting a bit of homerism towards the President but I didn't see that and I thought he was fair to both.

I thought both seemed presidential and that on the surface it was either a draw or a slight win for President Obama. But if the latest polls are accurate and Mr. Romney is ahead, then he was the winner of this debate. He didn't sound like the scary war-monger the left has attempted to make him out to be and he looked presidential.

Looks to me like Mr. Romney has a real chance, especially if he can parlay tonight's 'check the transcript' moment into something that blunts the lefts' attacks that he wanted to liquidate GM and turns OH to his column.

I didn't catch the debate tonight.

Too bad. The sales guy in me sees it as his best debate of them all. Totally caught Obama flat-footed. The difference between the man who needs to account for a profit margin and the community organizer was on full display.

More to the point...he let Obama win the battle while he focused on the war. Obama was Clubber Lang in his rematch with Rocky tonight. Just that simple.

Yeah, I can't imagine why anyone would think that Mr. Bob "Close GITMO immediately, it's making the terrorists hate us" Schieffer would be unfair. :lol:

I couldn't help but notice, after all of Schieffer's editorializing on that topic, Sunday after Sunday, that somehow he failed to find the question for Obama on it.

Perhaps you can explain why Bob had nothing to say about it? Or, why you have nothing to say about it?

After all, there is an executive order outstanding, right? Nothing about this clear insubordination by the Navy? Shouldn't they have shut it down 3.5 years ago?

So who are the Republicans going to run in 2016?

Mitt will undoubtedly keep Ryan on the ticket.

After all, BO kept Joey the Grin.

But I get what you're saying. There is a lot of Republican talent to run with Mitt for a second term, but at this point, I think he stays with Ryan.

There wasn't a single decent Democrat to run with BO for his blown chance for reelection.

Not giving a crap about either candadate, it appears pretty clear to me Obama won this debate. Hard to believe I am saying this, but Obama looks like and sounds like the better leader between the two.

Do you expect anyone to believe you? Some of us remember your plethora of stupid Obama ball washing posts. You are wrong again, but that's ok, you can join NB, Buffy and Daffy Duck with your little trip into fantasyland.

He said that Obama's plan hasn't worked - it has

He said Obama went on an apology tour - Obama never actually used the word "apology" so it doesn't count.

He said he wants to keep America strong - He wants to make it easier for the rich to exploit the poor and middle class.

Another win for Romney. As I've been saying all along, the economy is the #1 issue, Romney dismantled Barry in all 3 debates over it, and Barry can't run from it. What I predicted the debates would do is allow people to see Romney unfiltered by the Barry ads and MSM bias, and he came-off again as presidential and destroyed their portrayal of him as being like Bush/looking to kill everyone who isn't rich. And Romney got some big blows in last night about Libya the "apology tour," and "I'll have more flexibility after my election."

Not giving a crap about either candadate, it appears pretty clear to me Obama won this debate. Hard to believe I am saying this, but Obama looks like and sounds like the better leader between the two.

:blink:

Glad you aren't taking four years of non-existant leadership into account in this analysis.

He said that Obama's plan hasn't worked - it has

He said Obama went on an apology tour - Obama never actually used the word "apology" so it doesn't count.

He said he wants to keep America strong - He wants to make it easier for the rich to exploit the poor and middle class.

Why take it easy on this guy who is the poster child for evil? How many sister wives did he abandon without even letting them see the magic underwear?

Do you expect anyone to believe you? Some of us remember your plethora of stupid Obama ball washing posts. You are wrong again, but that's ok, you can join NB, Buffy and Daffy Duck with your little trip into fantasyland.

I really don't care if you believe me, I voted republican the last two elections. I voted democrate the previous two elections before that. I do not tow to any party line. I am perfectly able to think for myself.

If you couldn't come up with a lie you could have just said so.

No, its' not that....just read the thread if you don't want to watch the debate. You forget, I have been around here for a while, so I know your style...

If you want to know, just look at OC's posts in this thread, if nothing else. He, and many Republican talking heads last night, were proclaiming this debate a victory for Romney, becasue he took the tact of not backing up anything he said previously, or reversing things he said just a few weeks ago. If somebody had no idea what is going on, Romney looked alright.

If you have been following his campaign throughout the GOP primaries, it is very clear that this guy has either no idea what he is talking about, (employing the previously failed John McCain strategy of "I'll say whatever people want to hear"), or he is intentionally stonewalling, because he has no real foreign policy. I think Romney is pretty smart, so I assume he is using the later approach...it is as cynical an approach to campaigning as one could have...but it may prove to be, ultimately, successful.