Tonights cage match, Romney vs Obama 3

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Donald Sensing on bayonets.

Sarcasm and condescension only work if the speaker’s presumption of lofty superior knowledge is borne out by his command of actual facts. You can’t successfully accuse your opponent of being an ignoramus when you don’t know what you’re talking about yourself.

OBAMA LINE ABOUT HORSES, BAYONETS FAILS FACT-CHECK. And the Navy calls submarines boats, not ships.

B-MAN, I almost never agree with you on anything...but I am surprised at how silly this is. The point that Obama was making during the "bayonets" comment was absolutely true...he never said "we don't use bayonets anymore"...he said we don't use as many bayonets and horses as we did in 1916...his point, which was relevant (and seems to be missed by many) as it applied to Romney's contention that we only have 284 battleships now, as opposed to the 315 we had a century ago... the presidents point wasn't that the nature of battle has changed from the times that Romney was referring to, so you wouldn't need as many ships. This is such a non-issue...and your side is trying to make it into some sort of pathetic Obama "zinger".... his point was right. Shouldn't you be more troubled by your candidates commitment toward pouring more money on something that doesn't need it...just to show how strong the is? Maybe Romney's business acumen isn't all that?

Edited by Buftex

B-MAN, I almost never agree with you on anything...but I am surprised at how silly this is. The point that Obama was making during the "bayonets" comment was absolutely true...he never said "we don't use bayonets anymore"...he said we don't use as many bayonets and horses as we did in 1916...his point, which was relevant (and seems to be missed by many) as it applied to Romney's contention that we only have 284 battleships now, as opposed to the 315 we had a century ago... the presidents point wasn't that the nature of battle has changed from the times that Romney was referring to, so you wouldn't need as many ships. This is such a non-issue...and your side is trying to make it into some sort of pathetic Obama "zinger".... his point was right.

Nope...Romney was right. Any point that claims the nature of our military has changed is wrong. We need to cut things we don't absolutely need to pay for things we absolutely don't need.

B-MAN, I almost never agree with you on anything...but I am surprised at how silly this is. The point that Obama was making during the "bayonets" comment was absolutely true...he never said "we don't use bayonets anymore"...he said we don't use as many bayonets and horses as we did in 1916...his point, which was relevant (and seems to be missed by many) as it applied to Romney's contention that we only have 284 battleships now, as opposed to the 315 we had a century ago... the presidents point wasn't that the nature of battle has changed from the times that Romney was referring to, so you wouldn't need as many ships. This is such a non-issue...and your side is trying to make it into some sort of pathetic Obama "zinger".... his point was right. Shouldn't you be more troubled by your candidates commitment toward pouring more money on something that doesn't need it...just to show how strong the is? Maybe Romney's business acumen isn't all that?

WRONG. You're making schit up. The 315 number was what the Navy said they need now. With that said, your whole argument just went out the window.

B-MAN, I almost never agree with you on anything...but I am surprised at how silly this is.

This is such a non-issue...and your side is trying to make it into some sort of pathetic Obama "zinger".... his point was right. Shouldn't you be more troubled by your candidates commitment toward pouring more money on something that doesn't need it...just to show how strong the is? Maybe Romney's business acumen isn't all that?

I believe you are the one who is confused. "My side" is responding to the multitude of Obama supporters and media (repetition) who claimed that the Obama "zinger" was a sterling example of the many highlights of the President's win in the debate.

Your side started it first is pretty silly I agree, and I hate using it, but your portrayal of this as some "right wing" scandal invention , requires this.

Damn straight I do!

Oh and I corrected your post for more accuracy.

Of course your partisan arse did. Republican presidents in the 20's so it was good, even though it led to the the Great Depression. So you support the policies of the 1920's? You think having the New Deal reforms like the SEC and FDIC is bad? That makes you and idiot, you realize that, right? Or maybe you don't.....

Of course your partisan arse did. Republican presidents in the 20's so it was good, even though it led to the the Great Depression. So you support the policies of the 1920's? You think having the New Deal reforms like the SEC and FDIC is bad? That makes you and idiot, you realize that, right? Or maybe you don't.....

Hey, FDR explained it all on TV in 1929:

http://rakesprogress.wordpress.com/2008/09/23/biden-says-fdr-went-on-tv-in-1929-to-explain-stock-market-crash/

Romney looked like he was ok with being beaten by a better man. Romney did not look confident, but he also looked humble for the first time

Romney looks tired

None of those things were true.

You just so desperately to want it to be the case.

You are embarrassing yourself over and over.

Take a break...............invent another screen name................and try to think before you post.

None of those things were true.

You just so desperately to want it to be the case.

You are embarrassing yourself over and over.

Take a break...............invent another screen name................and try to think before you post.

No! Can't be true! Republicans always are better! Partisan loser!

So being for economic growth makes me a partisan? And yeah the Acts of 1933 and 1934 are bad. Where on earth did you get that I mentioned that? And the incredible growth of the 20's led to the depression? Well I guess seeing downturns in the economy always follow expansions so you're almost right there. What a fool.

No! Can't be true! Republicans always are better! Partisan loser!

Oh the irony.

I believe you are the one who is confused. "My side" is responding to the multitude of Obama supporters and media (repetition) who claimed that the Obama "zinger" was a sterling example of the many highlights of the President's win in the debate.

Your side started it first is pretty silly I agree, and I hate using it, but your portrayal of this as some "right wing" scandal invention , requires this.

Okay...fair enough. But the multitudes of military "experts" and talking heads on the right, quantifying Obamas' comment, with the weak argument that "the military does still use bayonets and horses" is just laughable. That "article" you posted was ridiculous. Hannity was commenting on it immediately after the debate, which leads me to believe he is either a complete idiot (a distinct possibility) or the substance of what Obama said was correct, and they realized how effective it was.

Anyways...all this nonsense will be over in two weeks (hopefully)... now it is all just words that we are selectively hearing.

Okay...fair enough. But the multitudes of military "experts" and talking heads on the right, quantifying Obamas' comment, with the weak argument that "the military does still use bayonets and horses" is just laughable. That "article" you posted was ridiculous. Hannity was commenting on it immediately after the debate, which leads me to believe he is either a complete idiot (a distinct possibility) or the substance of what Obama said was correct, and they realized how effective it was.

Anyways...all this nonsense will be over in two weeks (hopefully)... now it is all just words that we are selectively hearing.

Buffy, you never answered me in Post # 268. You need to man up or just kitty out.

Seriously, also then we would be better equipped to adapt to changes. First thing we should do is tell all the farmers to stop farming and make steel.

Sometimes when people respond to others, they comment on what those other people say in a way that makes sense. You should try doing that, because what you're doing now is the complete opposite of that, and it's not working. Edited by TakeYouToTasker

For those of you who like slogans over accomplishments.

Or, rehearsed, tired old jokes from the 90s.

I've got an idea what if there was like a unit, in charge of the economy? And they planned it out so it all balanced out and everyone had a job and all the jobs were functioning in unity. Sounds perfect.

Yeah, let's have a unit, who is unelected, that determines how health care works for everyone...what can go wrong? :lol:

Barry's comment was condescending, but worse still, was wrong. It was his "your an idiot" moment, but on live TV.