Tonights cage match, Romney vs Obama 3

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, let's just go over something here....

Obama said that AQ has been "decimated" and terrorists are "on the run," we've made friends with all the world, and terrorists have gotten the message that when they attack Americans, they'll be brought to justice.... the most important national security risk for the future is...

Wait. Are they decimated... or are they America's biggest threat?

I'm sorry, but a nuclear Iran --- as Romney said --- would make no compunction about bombing Israel and from there, EVERYTHING goes to stevestojan INSTANTLY the whole world over, not just isolated pockets of opportunistic attacks.

What?

That seems to be the Republican spin...they are hailing Romney's ability to switch positions at any turn...

FWIW: CBS poll says Obama 53%...Romney 23%...24% no clear winner.

Hailing a foreign policy debate performance that shows you have no foreign policy. It's a hell of a spin.

Hailing a foreign policy debate performance that shows you have no foreign policy. It's a hell of a spin.

Or, maybe not necessarily "not having a foreign policy", just not being particularly committed to one. Romney, overall, seems to have agreed with nearly everything Obama is doing...tonight.

Or, maybe not necessarily "not having a foreign policy", just not being particularly committed to one. Romney, overall, seems to have agreed with nearly everything Obama is doing...tonight.

Headline: Romney endorses Obama. - NY Times

hehe

OC cheering that Mitt left his foreign policy campaign behind him and just agreed w/ Obama most of the night. Can't call me Bush now! What a victory. :) This debate showed me that Romney's foreign policy views are those that poll the best for the audience in that moment. That doesn't come off as a victory to me...personally

Yeah...you're being "sincere" :lol:

In a pig's ass. IF Romney had come out and said anything even close to "attack Iran" you'd have been hollering "War Monger!" all day tomorrow and for the next 2 weeks. Now, he took that away from you...and you are talking about waffling? No. Not walking into your lame trap is what happened.

The only reason Obama is in office right now is because of the political game you played with the Iraq War. When Bush tried to be sincere, you screamed at him for lying. Don't come and tell me you're being sincere now.

I write this, as I watch an MSNBC hack stuttering through a "could have/might have, had he said this, had he said that, then" bumble!@#$. :lol:

He had nothing to say, but lamenting about how his talking points would have worked, had Romney done what he expected.

You and your ilk have been outplayed. Grow up and deal with it. This is major league politics, and Romney just showed all of you just how big of a rookie your guy is....again.

That seems to be the Republican spin...they are hailing Romney's ability to switch positions at any turn...

FWIW: CBS poll says Obama 53%...Romney 23%...24% no clear winner.

Yes, the same CBS "poll" that had Romney only winning the 1st debate by 3-5 points?

The only thing that matters is: Romney just took away any chance you had of turning this election around, by taking away the #1 issue you were going to go with: scaring everybody with Romney = War.

Everything else is babble.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Well, I was waiting for any of them to tell me that Romney = Bush wasn't "the plan".

Then, I was going to post this: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/post/the-morning-plum-shadow-of-bush-looms-over-foreign-policy-debate/2012/10/22/3e48bd2e-1c33-11e2-9cd5-b55c38388962_blog.html

...and laugh at them. But, I think they decided to quit fighting the obvious. :lol:

Some people, who work for the old media, won't tip the hand, because they are about "gravitas" and "ratings leader" etc.

Some other people are in the internet business, bloggers in this case, and they figure that they should post the gameplan, because if they get it out there, and are right, they look like geniuses, and they will get the internet traffic.

Tonight's debate will come down to two things: horses and bayonets. Hes being mocked like crazy right now.

Mitt played Obama like a fiddle. Like a freaking fiddle. No idea if he'll be a great president, but he played him like a fiddle tonight. Took away Obama's arsenal.

So by largely embracing and expanding Bush's foreign policy over the last 4 years, Obama won the debate on foreign policy?

Does that capture it?

Drone strikes, interrogations, winning In Iraq, Iranian nukes "unacceptable", America is indispensable

Yeah, thats the Bush foreign policy alright.

No wonder Romney endorsed it.................why did Obama ??

Yeah...you're being "sincere" :lol:

In a pig's ass. IF Romney had come out and said anything even close to "attack Iran" you'd have been hollering "War Monger!" all day tomorrow and for the next 2 weeks. Now, he took that away from you...and you are talking about waffling? No. Not walking into your lame trap is what happened.

The only reason Obama is in office right now is because of the political game you played with the Iraq War. When Bush tried to be sincere, you screamed at him for lying. Don't come and tell me you're being sincere now.

I write this, as I watch an MSNBC hack stuttering through a "could have/might have, had he said this, had he said that, then" bumble!@#$. :lol:

He had nothing to say, but lamenting about how his talking points would have worked, had Romney done what he expected.

You and your ilk have been outplayed. Grow up and deal with it. This is major league politics, and Romney just showed all of you just how big of a rookie your guy is....again.

Yes, the same CBS "poll" that had Romney only winning the 1st debate by 3-5 points?

The only thing that matters is: Romney just took away any chance you had of turning this election around, by taking away the #1 issue you were going to go with: scaring everybody with Romney = War.

Everything else is babble.

Of course, over the next two weeks there is going to be lots of money spent to point out that Romney has changed his foreign policy stance on numerous issues over just the course of these three debates. I suspect, this will have been the least watched of the three debates.

That said, Romney scored a crucial victory in the first debate...anything said in these last two debates is simply appeasing the respective base of the candidates. Romney very will may win this election, and you should be proud.

Tonight's debate will come down to two things: horses and bayonets. Hes being mocked like crazy right now.

Mitt played Obama like a fiddle. Like a freaking fiddle. No idea if he'll be a great president, but he played him like a fiddle tonight. Took away Obama's arsenal.

By lying...you, who shrills on about leadership, yadda, yadda should be so proud!

Edited by Buftex

By lying...you, who shrills on about leadership, yadda, yadda should be so proud!

If you're going to go by the standard of what a candidate says, care to compare the foreign policy of Candidate Obama (2008) vs President Obama?

Edited by GG