"Winning in the NFL is hard"

Rubes

Yep, that's a direct quote from...Fitz:

“It was just one of those games that was so up and down,” said Ryan Fitzpatrick. ”We came out here with one goal and that was to win. In the National Football League you celebrate the victories because we know they’re tough to come by. I think winning in the NFL is hard and the guys that have been around for a long time know you take them how you get them and we’re pretty fired up.”

Et tu, Fitzy?

Sometimes the obvious needs to be stated. But on the other hand, the collective wisdom of this board suggests that maybe it is quite easy after all.

First, you trade all your picks to move up and grab a 'franchise quarterback.' You know, the latest Mark Sanchez.

Then you sign everybody described as a 'freak,' 'beast,' 'stud,' 'roadgrader,' or other homoerotic label popular among the descriptively-impaired.

For a game plan, in today's NFL all you need to do is play 'smash-mouth' and 'run the damn ball.'

Sounds convincing to me.

Edited by finknottle

I the concern as we want a winning mentality, however name a person you know that doesn't describe their job, or some facet of it, as difficult. Couple that with the scrutiny an NFL quarterback who should be a back up receives. Had he called Cleveland or KC an easy win we'd of torn him to pieces also.

I laughed when I heard him say that. I mean, it's true, but it's very telling of his mentality.

You're right. He's an honest, upstanding, straightforward guy. You must have some kind of problem with that. The "hard to win" in the NFL quote has been said a hundred times by all kinds of players, somehow when Fitz says it it must be a sign of weakness.

That guy pulls the Jedi-Mind Trick BullShi* over all your eyes week in and week out...CUT HIM

Every time I think I have read the dumbest post on this board ever, someone tosses another hat into the ring. Congrats Fig, you are the winner.

But just for a second, I'll entertain your idea... Who on God's green earth would you start? Seriously who? Forget picking up this guy, or picking up that washed up guy... ON this roster, who would you start?

Now you see why comments like yours are catastrophically stupid.

You're right. He's an honest, upstanding, straightforward guy. You must have some kind of problem with that. The "hard to win" in the NFL quote has been said a hundred times by all kinds of players, somehow when Fitz says it it must be a sign of weakness.

Really 100 times in the NFL? I can only name 2. Dick Jauron and Fitz. Both played for the same team. Seems like that loser mentality is working it's way through the ranks at OBD. It's time to take responsibility. All of the Players need to be held accountable to each other if they really want to make a change in the culture at OBD. I'm sick of hearing it's hard to win. It's not Hard to win, if you are all accountable and you call one another out when you're not doing your job. There should be no celebrating a POS win over the Cardinals. That game was beyond embarrassing...